Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

@danielledanielle ha itโ€™s not that bad. I found an eyeliner brush with a thin enough handle I can dip

it in without having to perform any major surgery on the tube.  I swear I bought a zillion disposable doe foots but where they are is a mystery 

There was a ring I wanted from Express that was only $8+ dollars online.  Even though they have it available in-store, BOPIS wasn't available at my local store.  That pet peeve number 1.  Pet peeve number two is that I put it in my cart, as I was hoping Express would see it sitting there and offer me free shipping.  They eventually did, but by the then the ring was sold out online.  I even would have settle for another style, that but one was sold out, too.  I will go in-store sometime this week, but I bet the prices in-store won't be so low.  

@greeneyedgirl107  That is truly irritating.  So odd that they donโ€™t offer everyone free shipping but only those who need an extra push.  

I just had a beauty pet peeve with Sally Beauty.  A location opened at my mall a year ago, but I made my first purchase there only recently.  I talked to the SA about the rewards program, and she told me there was a free $5 reward for joining.  Of course I joined.  I never got the reward so I contacted CS.  I was told they no longer offer the reward.  I went to Sally this week and even took a pic of the sign advertising the reward for joining.  I contacted them again.  Still, they would not honor it.  Their answer was that they reserve the right to make changes to their policy per their terms and conditions.  I understand this, and I understand that it's only $5.  However, it is a pet peeve of mine when you are told one thing verbally and in print, and in actuality it is something different.  It's amazing how there is disinformation/misinformation within a company.

This kind of reminds me of when my dad tried to buy my sister a Spice Girls doll in the 90s.  They were super hard to get, so we were only able to get her Baby Spice.  By chance my dad spotted a Ginger Spice doll and went to purchase it.  The sign said $19.99.  When the cashier went to ring him up, they claimed the doll was $25.  That was because Geri had just left the group.  My dad made a stink, paid the $25 and vowed never to patronize the store again.  This is a place he had been frequenting since 1984.  He was pretty true to his word, and only went there once in the 2000s b/c he was desperate for a pack of cigarettes and Rite Aid was sold out of Marlboro Lights.

@greeneyedgirl107  Ugh, itโ€™s not about the amount.  Itโ€™s just feels sleazy to be offered something that they have no intention to follow through on.  pretty sure your photo has meta data and you could fight for that $5 cause thatโ€™s a legal issue if they had signage up.    Is it worth the time? Absolutely not, but sometimes itโ€™s worth it for principle. 

@greeneyedgirl107 I feel you on this. A couple of months ago Rose Inc had a set on their site that was a bronzer, a blush, and a highlighter, and they were all advertised in their regular packaging, including the โ€œdealโ€ was based on if the products were full-size/in their packaging. When I received my package, the blush was only a refill. I went to look at the website and yes, when selecting the blush shade, it showed that it was a refill, but all the promo shots were in regular packaging . I contacted their CS chat and they came off as kind of rude, telling me I couldnโ€™t return it because it was a set, when all I was trying to point out was that the way it was marketed was misleading. Email was the same. It kind of soured me towards the company. I eventually saw a post on IG about the set and someone had made the same comment. Rose Inc actually responded that they had decided to change the product to a full size and to contact CS for a new blush. After that, I had no issues getting a new one but I was still kind of annoyed at the company. They have to have gotten so many complaints about it that they had no choice but to honor it.

@makeitup305 Glad you had power in numbers with this one, but it still sucks that you needed other people to make a stink before they'd do the right the thing.  And I know that your a fan of this company as I've seen your posts online.  So hence, you've been promoting the company for them - and this is what they do to you.

Yes, @greeneyedgirl107 I was a little sour about it. I'm half convinced that it was a mix-up and it was always supposed to be a full size and someone just messed up when doing the page. I just remind myself that people at CS are just doing their jobs and sometimes that is limited by the information they have.

@makeitup305 that's very big of you!

Oooh, that irritates me too. Why is it so hard for corporate to honor it? @greeneyedgirl107 

@Buootiful  Right?  They should have paid the $5 and taken the signage down. 

@Buootiful seriously!

@greeneyedgirl107 Sorry to hear about that. I had a similar experience at a restaurant. I had enough points to take my fiance out for dinner. I googled what restaurants accept the points before going out. When i went to pay with my points they would not accept them. It was really disappointing. Like your Dad I will not return to that establishment. The food also went downhill. So dissapointing. I also spent extra on drinks thinking everything would have been covered with my points.

@Mellmars1185 I'm so sorry to hear that!  What a bad end to an evening!  It's like you have to triple check everything these days.

@greeneyedgirl107 , yeah this gets me to.  Like why put it in print and not honor it once, then remove the sign ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿฝโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿฝโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿฝโ€โ™€๏ธ. If they honored it, you might've felt more inclined to make purchases there in the future, but nooo ๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ™„.  

Props to your Dad for holding onto a grudge staying true on that promise.  I have made a similar promise.

@danielledanielle yes, exactly!

...and here's to people making promises!  ๐Ÿ˜›

If I buy an expensive foundation Im hoping it matches my skin tone and that there is a shade that works for everyone.   

some brands reccomenbed buying multiple shades of their foundation to โ€œfind my perfect matchโ€. Why would the consumer want to buy multiple shades? Especially if its expensive- thats not realistic for people. 

So true @sarahfogel , or y'know make enough shades for all, so you don't have to buy two.

@danielledanielle @sarahfogel - I so agree with both of you!  I am pasty white.  Buying multiple shades won't help me if you don't make shades light enough in the first place! ๐Ÿ˜–  Oh, and don't assume all light skinned individuals have pink undertones...grrrr.

Yes !! Brands can absolutely make enough shades that work for everyone if they want to. โœจ

Psyched to post a haul after being in a funk and then....

PXL_20221005_030757453.jpg

This was 1 out of two shattered items, in a box of several.  ๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿฝโ€โ™€๏ธโ€ƒ

1 Reply
testing