Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Confidential

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags (1)

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Yes! I especially can't stand this for face moisturizers and lip balms. It's so unsanitary! 

Yes!!! Especially for lip balms, its so gross and dirty feeling. I'm more accepting of it if its like a hair conditioner

Well I came here to write same thing LOL

I was thinking about the Blue Tansy *sigh*

Yes that! I hate that spatula it comes with. It's so small. I feel ridiculous trying to spread the mask over my face evenly with it.

@mella900 I usually use the spatula only to scoop product out of the jar. I take what I need and put it on my palm, then spread with my fingers Smiley Happy

Is anyone else annoyed that despite Drunk Elephant exorbitant price tag their packaging feels like a $3 Secret deodorant?

Cheap thin plastic and ugly neon colors......??????

I splurged on the Reverie Hair Line but at least their packaging is heavy dark glass and nice dispensers. 

DE goes in my cabinet even though I love, love, love! ;')

agreed...I've been weird about even trying because of how cheap it looks!! that's outrageous, I know, but it's all part of the makeup/skincare experience!

Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy  I do not care for the packaging either.

I mean that serum is $90 an ounce!

They can use a glass bottle at the very least! lol!!!!

Just not neon colored glass though, hahahah!!

Are you liking the serum?  I'm gonna get it today. It was oos but back now. I know that's not the question u asked lol. Smiley Happy

The serum is fantastic! You only need a tiny bit.  

It is supposed to make you drunk but I didn't feel these effects, yet! hahahaha! 

@jen143xo

Random peeve...

Tried a Formula X polish weeks ago and it stained my nail this horrible yellow! It's a pain waiting for it to grow out!  My nails are naturally really white so I very much hate this yellow highlighter color Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy

Oh no! That womps!

@veronika23 did you happen to use a base coat & was the colour you used a darker one?

I used to be a 24/7 polish wearer... and got stuck in the cycle of painting over the nails to cover the yellowness, and making it worse... 

I've been polish-free for over a year now (with a short period of gel polish in a few months ago for 2 weeks). Love I don't have to worry about chipping my polish, removing it when it looks bad, and my nails stopped peeling and grow much faster nowadays. I stopped painting my toes, too...it was just too much work to keep everything looking nice. Chipped toe nail polish looks terrible!

@k617 no base coat... It was a darker color and I was just swatching it.  I own a lot of dark colors by other brands and never had that problem.

Oh man I can't go without painted toes... get a pedi like monthly LOL  and yeah chipped toe nail polish looks terrible. Glad mine lasts like a month! Smiley Very Happy

@veronika23 Yikes! A swatch did that to your nails?! Crazy!!

@k617 yup!  Wasn't too happy. I think I'll stick with brands I really love like Cirque Colors. I am so impressed with them. Same goes for ILNP.

This happens to me too, with any nail polish I use on my toes. Now I always have to have my nails painted or they look yellow Smiley Sad

Long flights. Hate them. For so many reasons… But, let’s keep ‘em beauty related… They mess with me inside out. My skin goes crazy. My everything goes crazy. Then I go crazy. Gah!

upload_5044898191402303212.gif

LOL the gif!!

6 Replies