Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Confidential

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags (1)

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Oh my god, THAT'S what those are called! I had no idea! They have burrows all over my schools campus and  they are huge and terrifying and chase me everytime I walk by one of their "holes" ugh omg... I'm so sorry. @moxiepancakes

wow!  Take care.  Does not sound fun.

I'm fairly convinced that the NARS blush that I received from beauty dot com is a fake. Smiley Sad Super bummed, hopefully they can reimburse me the 20$. 

Would they not get into trouble for selling fake items? Legal issues? I know, here in Canada, counterfeits items cannot be sold as "the sale and production of counterfeit goods is a crime"

I'm worried that the lime crime velvatine I got from Urban Outfitters is fake too...i know UO is listed as one of their authorized vendors, but the packing on mine has aspects of fakes as well as authentic? so im very confused.

Oh no, what makes you think it's fake? 

I don't know if you can really see from the image, but there are a few differences in the labels (Exhibit A being the legit blush). Plus, Tribulation's compact feels less rubbery than any of my other NARS blushes. Now I'm paranoid that all of my other beauty dot com purchases are fakes. 

narsfake.JPG

Upon further investigation, the mini Goulue that we were given for Rouging has the same face diagram in the lower-left corner. Maybe I'm being over-cautious? 

@AllysonJo Temptalia's photo of Tribulation looks the same as yours. I think they just slightly redid the packaging. 

That's a relief. Thanks for looking that up!

So I don't get this... Canadian companies who are located in Canada, ship from Canada but sell in USD. Like WT_??? If I buy something in my country I except to pay in my currency... why would I pay like a third more. So while I'd like to encourage these companies by purchasing from them... I'm rethinking this whole thing....

Oh I hate that too! I think its so much frustrating. 

Must be frustrating as heck for y'all, but stable currency.  Just business. 

I don't think you know how frustrating... our Canadian companies are being bought by other giant companies or giant companies come into this country and swallows up the Canadian competition... small ones like those I mentioned above sell in USD and other companies just sell out to the US... cough cough Bite... It's beyond frustrating. I'm all for encouraging small businesses/Canadian businesses and stuff but that's like a slap in the face and makes me want to shop elsewhere.

This does sound frustrating.  How are they able to sell is USD in your country?

Is it because it is online???

yup @wheeeee. I try not to buy anything in USD at the moment because the exchange rate sucks. Plus I think there's always some type of fee associated with it or something... so like it costs even more... like for paypal or the cc there's a fee for them to make the conversion?? ugh banks... won't start on that LOL Smiley Very Happy

To me it's a slap in the face... like your country isn't good enough or what? I was set to purchase from both companies now those purchases are on hold.

YES! Looking at you Beaute Cosmetics

uh. Don't know that brand.

I'm referring to Suva Beauty and Lit Cosmetics in my post. Happy to find out they are both Canadian... but they sell in USD? yeah I'll rethink my purchase.

A little peeve...cactus legs! Smiley Very Happy

I am currently recovering from a procedure; and cannot shave my legs because of pain and mobility issues. I really hate having to sport the dreaded stubble, especially in the summer! 

10011207_787817847971891_196354608_n.jpg

Aw,  feel ya!  I just had my first good shave in months a couple days ago.  I'd been shaving but not very nicely. I can't stop rubbing my legs together. 😄

Hope you are ok!  I totally get that... I caved years ago and got laser treatments. Best thing I ever invested in considering I'd shave and not even 24 hours later it wasn't smooth no more.

3 Replies