Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags (1)

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

My last few orders with this new packing slip also haven't had the samples I selected. I did not have many problems before with getting the samples I chose, but I have not got the samples I selected since they have started with the new packing slips. 

I expect nothing less from Sephora anymore, It is just their normal. 

I noticed it, @KatieJiang. My 2 last orders came with this new slip, but the samples in the box were correct. And I have had past orders that came with the wrong samples, even though they were specified in the slip.So I don't think the new slip actually changed the sample (dis)organization. It's some kind of lottery game, I hope they sent you at least a good one Smiley Happy

Screenshot_20160908-144019~2.png

Excuuuuuuuuuse me?!? I resent that! :-P

Yeah I really these types of statement... those and the "I don't wear makeup I'm better than you attitude"... Why is it always some kind of competition. Can't people just let other people be and do what makes them happy... ugh.

this honestly has nothing to do with cost of cosmetics but level of skill Smiley Very Happy ridiculous comparison seriously

anyway who cares buy Sephora because you like the brands and color or don't if you prefer only drugstore...it's not a competition

Honestly though. I'm sick of being shamed for spending however much on my cosmetics. 

Ebates NOT sending cash out checks. Poor communication, well if you can even call "no communication" communication. 

Irritated beyond belief. 

Long story short:

-Saw my check was issued on the 10th. A week later it still hadn't arrived. Contacted CS and wanted to confirm which address the check was sent to. (I had moved and changed my address preferences prior to August).

-CS rep told me their process is to wait 21 days. He did NOT even tell me where my check was sent. 

-21 days later, STILL no check. Contacted CS

-Took 4 days to respond. They asked where to send my check -_- 

-Now they're telling me I have to wait until Oct 9 to see it. 

WOW.

Ugh. I hope you get your check sooner than that. I stopped using Ebates years ago because of their shenanigans. Now I use other cash back sites that usually offer a higher percentage back.

Wow as if!  I seem to always have good CS... but that's ebates Canada.

Wow, that stinks. Ebates hasnt even been working for at all. Two large orders through them and not one registered to the site. Been months since they've worked for me

I am lying in bed breastfeeding an almost sleeping baby and my lips are dry.  I am staring at my stash of 300+ lip products and can't do a thing right now.  Why am I not a Jedi?  I could really use the force right now. 

I've been there @heartsmyface  now I keep a stash of lip products and lotions in my nightstand and my kitchen drawer downstairs, my purse, my car, etc....u get the point.  I'm too lazy to run to the one place I keep them stored on my vanity, so better to stash them everywhere u might possibly need them

Oh hearts, if my psychic forces were in working order, I would teleport one over to you post haste. And forgive me for not congratulating you sooner! I just saw a picture of baby Zim yesterday! I'm so out of the loop. What a cutie pie!! Hope he's fast asleep. 

Thanks pixie!  I'm all set in case of future dryness attacks now.  What self respecting beauty loving girl doesn't have a stash of lip balms by the bed?  - besides me last night? 😅

So I really don't like paying for shipping I try to avoid it all costs....

kicking myself right now because I just placed a $48 order in a rush and completely didn't pay attention so I paid for shipping when I could've just added a $2 item!! Too late to cancel now sigh sigh

I also hate paying for shipping! I will convince myself I "need" something else to hit the free shipping mark.

I hate paying shipping too! sorry that happened to you.

I've done that before. Ouch. Smiley Sad

My biggest beauty pet peeve, which I have often been guilty of, is over-concealing the under eye area. For a couple of months, people used to ask me on a daily basis if I was really tired or sad that day and I was so confused! I realized that it's because I was concealing the *$&# out of my under eye area and then using a brightening powder. My undereye area was reverse racooned, cakey, and powder, and was making me look exhausted in a weird way.

So I went back to just a thin, natural layer of undereye conceal (my HG Lancome Effacernes) and just live with some of the redness showing through a bit. I feel a lot more beautiful this way somehow. I think part of it is because this whole saga happened during a research trip in Paris. The French are really not into concealing under eye bags and it grew on me.

@krunce honestly this is a hard one, like lipstick on teeth. I don't think anyone intends for the cakiness but sometimes, when u apply makeup, it looks very different hours later. Some people don't look closely at themselves throughout the day to understand the change their makeup went through. 

Also, selfies often tell lies- so if ppl rely on their pics vs reality of what their face looks like, they won't realize 

This is so true about selfies.  

I was playing with gold and purple eyeshadow yesterday.  Looked at myself in the mirror and thought I looked like a clown. No way was I gonna go out with that look.

Took some selfies to remind me not to do the makeup that way.  I photographed gorgeously!  LMAO

3 Replies