Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Confidential

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags (1)

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

After seeing multiple posts on Instagram from Nudestix about the Hillary Duff Daydreamer Palette, I decided to use some of my Nudestix points to cash in for 30% off the palette. First gripe was that shipping is charged no matter how large the purchase. In the past, free shipping with a $49.00 purchase. Next gripe is that Nudestix would not confirm if either or Sephora or Ulta would be selling the palette. I see a post later in the day with swatches of the palette that it is available for purchase from Sephora. At least Nudestix ‘s warehouse is fairly close, so it should arrive quickly. I did receive a tracking number about 7 hours after my purchase.

Update on my above post. I reread Nudestix’s policy which states free shipping with a $49.00 purchase. I reached out to Nudestix dot com and I will be receiving a $6.00 refund and an apology. 

RE: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Just started on the makeup train during the fenty era (w/c im verythankful for). I literally asked a friend an opinion on some stuff I was TRYING ON in zara (take note this is clothes we’re talking about) and she replied me with “I like u better w/o makeup on” which threw me off bc I have been not wearing makeup all my life, and the one year I finally get the hang of it and like how it looks on me(plus it makes me feel HELLA CONFIDENT), she just goes out of her way to say that to me. super unnecessary and rude. idk if its just me or isn’t it just plain annoying? plus I didn’t spend thousands of dollars on Fenty just to be told I look much better w/o it 😪 the worst part is, she tried victimizing herself on that situation. we haven’t talked ever since that incident and that happened last July.

Re: RE: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

@andreadaqueen,  Wow, you're still carrying this a year later?!   Its time to reach out and express your feelings directly to her.   Friends are not perfect and opinions are simple assessments, not reliable evidence.   I have a long time friend whom I know not to disagree with, because she won't let go of it until she get's her way.  I cannot share my excitement on things, because she's an extremely jealous person.  This is who she is and I can accept it, because she's the most interesting; open to try anything and go anywhere.  She's always ready to help with any project and overall she's lots of fun.  

You may want to consider the traits you love about her and consider if they carry more weight.

RE: Re: RE: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

BTW yes I actually spoke about this on my Finsta abt me using makeup as a tool to make myself look presentable and making me feel hella confident. what grinded her gears was I used an example of what she said to me TAKE NOTE: i wasnt attacking her and my finsta post was not about her but of mine, yet she managed to make the situation all about her. thats what annoyed me the most. so now, im keeping my distance away from her.

RE: Re: RE: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

who said this was a year later? I just said this happened last July of 2019... but go on

@byme4u  I feel obligated to caution you about this, because this is almost exactly how I wound up in a very emotionally draining “friendship” with a narcissist for 20+ years. I don’t mean a person who’s generally narcissistic. I mean someone who most likely has Narcissistic Personality Disorder. (I can’t say definitively that my “friend” has NPD because she refuses to go for a diagnosis. But like a few others who know her, I’ve read the NPD diagnosis criteria in the DSM-4 and DSM-5 and she sure seems to meets them.) I mean I don’t know if your friend has NPD: I’m not a psychologist or psychiatrist, and I know nothing more about your friend than what you’ve mentioned. But extreme jealousy and a “my way or no way” attitude (a constant sense of entitlement, and/or a belief that her way is always the correct way and there’s no reasoning or learning opportunity with her, and/or she cannot handle criticism—takes it very personally because if you’re not lavishing her with attention, praise, or approval, then you’re against her) are red flags. 

I stuck it out with my “friend” because she was adventurous and fun (as long as I always agreed with her and gave her plenty of attention) and was always willing to help with projects—but I slowly realized her “help” was just a way to receive praise and admiration. I sincerely hope your friend’s not like that. 

@WinglessOne,  I'm sorry to hear of your situation.  You speak of entitlement; everyone who has an opinion' on something they know very little about, has a sense of entitlement.  You want your friend to go for a diagnosis to affirm your belief.   I don't believe in propping people up, but did you ever try not giving her

attention, to see where it would go.  She may have left you long ago, and you wouldn't have wasted all those years in an emotionally draining relationship.

@WinglessOne wrote:

@byme4u  I feel obligated to caution you about this, because this is almost exactly how I wound up in a very emotionally draining “friendship” with a narcissist for 20+ years. I don’t mean a person who’s generally narcissistic. I mean someone who most likely has Narcissistic Personality Disorder. (I can’t say definitively that my “friend” has NPD because she refuses to go for a diagnosis. But like a few others who know her, I’ve read the NPD diagnosis criteria in the DSM-4 and DSM-5 and she sure seems to meets them.) I mean I don’t know if your friend has NPD: I’m not a psychologist or psychiatrist, and I know nothing more about your friend than what you’ve mentioned. But extreme jealousy and a “my way or no way” attitude (a constant sense of entitlement, and/or a belief that her way is always the correct way and there’s no reasoning or learning opportunity with her, and/or she cannot handle criticism—takes it very personally because if you’re not lavishing her with attention, praise, or approval, then you’re against her) are red flags. 

I stuck it out with my “friend” because she was adventurous and fun (as long as I always agreed with her and gave her plenty of attention) and was always willing to help with projects—but I slowly realized her “help” was just a way to receive praise and admiration. I sincerely hope your friend’s not like that. 

As  for my friend, I am energized when I'm around her. I find it amusing how she can't let go of something and must research, to find facts, to confirm her view.  I have other friends to share my exciting acquisitions and those who share my views,  but I learn little from people like me.  I'm not looking for perfection or for someone to please me,  I'm looking to learn all I can while I'm still here.  At the same time, I won't throw away someone who has more plus than minus.  I will continue to enjoy her assistance on projects and her adventuresome spirit, while learning from her, all sorts of wonderful things.

@byme4u  I want the person I mentioned to get a diagnosis for her own benefit, not mine. Her being diagnosed or not has no impact on my life. 🤷‍♀️ It doesn’t automatically change her personality, nor does it automatically make it any easier or harder for me (or others) to deal with her. 

Yes, I’ve tried not giving her attention. Several times. Smiley Very Happy I won’t get into all the specifics of ways she’s turned on me and others, either by lashing out or playing the “there’s something wrong with everyone else, not me, so I deserve everyone’s pity” role. I realize it sounds harsh to you to “throw away someone” but, at some point, I have to cut a toxic personality off rather than let that person drain me. 

I didn’t mean to imply you’re looking for perfection or someone to please you, and I hope you weren’t implying that I expect my friends to always please me. (Heh, I’m the one who tells folks “if I just wanted loyalty and perfect companions, I’d buy/adopt some pure-bred dogs and be done with people.” 😂) That would be a bad assumption about my personality. 

And yes, we all learn and grow from interactions with folks who don’t operate the same way we do. I just worried that you might be falling into the same toxic trap I did, that’s all. I wasn’t assuming anything about your personality or trying to dictate what you should or shouldn’t do. I just recognized a couple of red flags and got a bit concerned. Sorry if I overstepped a boundary there. 

@andreadaqueen  Did she use the “I was just stating my opinion, I have a right to my opinion” defense? 🙄 Sure, folks can have opinions about everything, and those opinions can be negative. But they don’t need to voice those opinions, especially when no one’s asked for them. Maybe she’ll figure out why she was in the wrong. Meanwhile, sounds like distancing yourself from her is a good idea. 

That was so rude and unnecessary @andreadaqueen🤯 It sucks to lose friends but you don’t need that kind of negativity. 

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

😭⚰️

Oh no! 😪 @danielledanielle

Oh no! 😪 @danielledanielle

Re: Oh no! 😪 @danielledanielle

Undefeated was defeated by floor + gravity.

Am I the only one going, 'OMG I hope that comes out of your grout!' 😮

@danielledanielle 

It did, mostly :/

I replaced the Stunna today, though

RE: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

omgggggg 😢🥴

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Overpackaging! Seriously.

@TypeATina yes totally! Especially when it's a tiny item...

@TypeATina yes totally! Especially when it's a tiny item in a huge box, that drives me crazy!!

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

I hate it when a brand discontinues something amazing. I used to love all the MUFE eyeshadows...and the massive variety that they used to carry....Now I just walk by them now with a "meh" attitude. Sadness 😭
10,677 Replies