Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

When Sephora doesn't listen to you and continues to put 12/12 fragrance samples for you to choose... If they have so many, they should send them to the stores so people who purchase in store can actually get something extra with their purchases. 🙂

Screen Shot 2016-12-22 at 12.41.42 AM.png

You're still lucky to get samples that you chose. For me, 50% of my online orders they forgot to give any samples. Mostly during holiday season like this, I saw extremely rare samples I chose in my box.

This is Canada like 95% of the time

We should revolt!!

Except, we're too nice.

Sorry a'boot that, eh.

Spoiler
upset.jpg

funny-gif-riot-level-canada.gifcanada.jpg

New rule Sephora - effective immediately Samples Section is only allowed a max of 50% samples to be fragrance.

But I am willing to be reasonable.. you can increase the sample options to 24 so that you can keep the same amount.

Gosh, I'm too nice sometimes.

@Insomniacmuffin i love your ideas 😄

I like your negotiation style! 😄 @Insomniacmuffin

They heard you! @KatieJiang

They added a lipstick and foundation FOIL! ;')

I agree with you in general, but I am low key ok with this specific set, because it includes 3 I am genuinely interested in trying and have not seen in the sample section before - Tom Ford Oud Wood, Hermes Gardin of some kind I haven't tried, and the Acqua di Parma Rosa Nobile.

So if I actually get those 3, I will (for once!) be a happy camper with my fragrance samples.

Edit: But yeah, they can GTFO with their Versace Bright Crystal and D&G Light Blue. Comme de Faccons, hommes.

@JazaChai I usually don't mind new high end ones since I'm a fragrance hoarder myself but I'm definitely with you on the Versace bright crystal samples and Light Blue!!

When the samples selection contains all fragrances, I occasionally just end up choosing cologne for my bf to try. I end up having the rest of the samples already and hate them! 

P.s. they added a YSL vernis and smashbox foundation + concealer sample right after I posted the OP. 

Screen Shot 2016-12-22 at 12.47.10 AM.png

Ordered a sale brush from Sephora, handle came loose and not attached to the head.

Returned it in store and ordered a new one when it came back online. It arrived with the EXACT SAME ISSUE.

I don't think i wanna tempt fate and re-order it a third time. The whole batch is probably a crapshoot. 

@patronbleu which brush was it?:/

#36 maybe? It's an eyebrow mini fan brush essentially 🙂 It's supposed to be good for drawing the outlines of your eyebrows

Just wanted to say I appreciate all the llamas on here 😄 

llama.jpg

Sabrina is sad :(........ I ordered a couple dresses from missguided and they both fit so weird!!! One is just big overall while the other fit everywhere except the chest... it wouldve been ok for those with maybe DDD chests but omg I know very very few people with my waist size who would have such a huge chest. There was a 3 inch wide gap on EACH SIDE!!! Holy mamagoli. One dress was for new years and one was for my boyfriends med school ball... sigh.  Gotta return and hunt some others down I guess. Why cant brands have the same sizing for every item?!? (Sorry not really beauty related)

Ack, that sounds both irritating and stressful.  I think we can all relate to the evils of ordering ill fitting clothes.  Blah!  I wish you could just type in your specific measurements and have any store custom make you an outfit. I'd pay for that convenience.  

missguided can be so tricky! I went back and forth so many times because I heard mixed reviews about whether they ran big or small. I ended up buying everything in a size US 4 (32B, 25 waist for reference) But I will continue shopping there because I really do like their styles and the quality isn't bad at all. and they have extremely good student discounts. I tend to buy their jersey or ribbed dresses. But I realized that it matters what kind of "ribbed" material it is, some are stretchy and others not so much. I don't think I can buy pants from there, I ordered one and the waist fit fine, but the butt was HUGE. I mean HUGE. 

Not beauty related but it's a struggle every girl knows all too well!! 

testing