Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Beauty Insider Community Feedback

Hello beautiful Beauty Insider Community members! 

We’re starting this thread for you guys to report any issues and weird things that you are seeing or ask any questions. We have a number of issues logged that we are already working on a fix for, so this is a work in process.

Some things to note as you are reporting issues:

• If you are looking for a thread and can’t find it, please post here. We’ll need to manually move some threads that got lost in the migration to their correct groups.
  • If you are reporting a bug please be specific about the issue you're seeing, how you got there (“I clicked here and it did *this*”), the device you're using and which browser you're in. 

Some tips:

• If you are looking for a thread that you commented on in the old community, go to the front page of conversations and click the “My Posts” tab. This is where you will find all of your conversations activity, including your heart count.

It’s good to see you all and thanks for being patient!

Whenever reporting a bug we need as much info as possible or our tech team cannot reproduce the issue and verify it's actually occurring. If they can't see the issue they cannot fix it. You cannot overshare details, test on too many devices or share too many screenshots... The more detail the better!

Re: Beauty Insider Community Feedback

Mobile...while I do appreciate having the display optimized for mobile, I actually miss being able to resize pages on my phone at will. I could zoom in on pics/text as needed, and zoom back out to my heart's content.

I don't see an option to add spoiler tags on mobile. Am I overlooking it, or is it really not there? EDIT: Never mind, found it...wasn't expecting spoilers to be a warning triangle. Not sure what I thought that triangle was, but I didn't think it meant spoiler. I guess I get it now lol.

Mobile is also taking entirely too long to load. When I click to a thread and start scrolling down, the page scrolls me back up to the top two or three times before it finally finishes loading. It's frustrating to wait forever for it to finish loading, and equally frustrating to go ahead and start scrolling just to be bumped back to the top. This is especially obnoxious on large, pic heavy OP's like the Promo Code thread.

I'll also second or third or fourth other requests to please please add page numbers to the tops of the pages. If going to the next page is going to drop me out at the bottom, I have to scroll up to see the posts, then scroll back down to get to the next page.

Old posts are moving over with either huge numbers of missing posts, or else the sort order is completely out of whack (not sure which, as I'm mostly looking at large posts with thousands of replies, and I haven't dug through any to figure it out). For example, the Ulta GWP thread made it back over today, but the most recent post it displayed was something like Jan or Feb. I know folks have mentioned this regarding other migrated posts as well...just wanted to underscore the problem.

Hey there, me again. 🙂 There seems to be an issue where when scrolling through threads under a group, the shown reply isn't the newest one. Is that a sorting issue, or a bug? 

One more thing: When you get to the bottom of the page, and click the next page number, it goes to the bottom of the next page. Was it intended to bring you to the top or bottom of new page? I tested this and it's happening on iOS, Chrome and IE. 

@KatieBT Thanks for all you're doing to help!

• I am unable to find the Sephora Collection brand thread and the Besame Cosmetics thread
  • Would it be possible to have the spoiler tag of a post have a different coloured background (perhaps gray like it used to be on BT?) I've noticed now that when I'm typing a post, it's harder to differentiate between the unspoilered part of the post and the spoilered part of the post.

@lachaton The 'preview' tab may help a little with the spoiler issue. It's not quite what you're looking for because it's not within the text box where you're replying, but you can use the preview tab to make sure the post is formatted the way you want before you submit it. 

I wish I had something interesting to spoil. Here's a llama being fabulous.

Spoiler
mV0TY 

@KatieBT. I have a question about replies. When you reply to someone you can only see the person you are replying to and not the whole thread… Is there a way to change that so you can see the whole thread? Sometimes I reply to more than 1 person in one post and want to see everything not the just the post I am replying to. Thanks!

A couple of suggestions:

- Add page number selection at the top of the thread as well as leaving it at the bottom of the thread.  Since the thread opens on page 1, but I need to go to the last page, I have to scroll to the bottom of the page to select the page number.  So if I scroll to the first post on the last page and realize I need to go back a page or two, I have to scroll to the bottom of the page to change pages rather than scroll back up to the top, which is typically much closer.  In BT, the page numbers were at the bottom and the top.  This is was very helpful!

- Add the ability to reply many more times to the same thread.  There seems to be a limit.  Really annoying!  This may have already been reported.

- Add the ability to reply to replies.  It seems you either can't do this or there is a limit.  Also really annoying!  This may have already been reported.

@KatieBT  I know it will take a few days before everything is migrated and I submitted a list with missing threads but would it be possible to get the PAT McGRATH LABS migrated since she is releasing new products now. It would be nice to have access to all the info. Thanks! 🙂

Spam all over the board this morning. 😞 

IMG_4655.PNG

Well, at least some things never change.  😕

They will never stop. 😞

movie disney frustrated ugh annoyed GIF

Can we also get an "other options" button (the button with the 3 dots that leads you to more options for each post) on the "preview" of each post so that we can report inappropriate content (ex. spam) without having to actually click on the post to find the "report" option? Sorry, I really suck at describing 😞

Everything that was posted since June 6th is missing from The Party Thread. Is the content still migrating?

ETA: or is the order just screwed up?

The same thing is going on with a few other threads (like Mermaids & Unicorns and Beauty Pet Peeves 2) that reappeared today. 

Is it possible to create your own group and if it is how can you do it? 

No solution for these pesky spammers on new BT either?!

Yeah, I'd really like to see an anti-spammer solution as well.

Yes, can anyone please stop these spammers?

@KatieBT Some posters mentioned that there had been a video tour and tutorial of the new site which I somehow missed. If it's still available could you post a link? I'm still trying to find my way around. Thanks!

A couple more missing threads:

What Are You Wearing Today?

Ulta GWPs

I swear I saw the WAYWT thread at first and now I can't find it! 

(EDITING TO ADD: I added the photo to try to add some context of not being able to move the cursor up and down and around paragraphs. Going back in to edit and I have the same issue but I'm stuck at the top of the message.)

When I'm outside a thread (so just browsing the message board) and I click to the next page I'm taken to the bottom on the page instead of the top. I have to scroll up to get to see/read the posts on the page. Also, having page numbers at the top and bottom of the board would be super helpful so I know where I am at any given time and don't always have to scroll to the bottom to move forward and backwards. 

This next suggestion may be in settings that I haven't found yet as I'm just getting to poke around now but can't we please get to select more than 11 threads to display at one time? I really, really don't want to click and scroll through endless pages.

Also, I'm typing this in a mobile browser right now and the text box doesn't have a scroll bar. How do I scroll up if in needed to edit or review something I typed up above? I can't scroll up. (IMG_5496.PNG

The text box doesn't scroll on iPad either in rich text, I had a hard time with the trade thread last night - was able to scroll in HTML so I edited it that way but it's still not quite right. 

2 Replies
testing