Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Beauty Insider Community Feedback

Hello beautiful Beauty Insider Community members! 

We’re starting this thread for you guys to report any issues and weird things that you are seeing or ask any questions. We have a number of issues logged that we are already working on a fix for, so this is a work in process.

Some things to note as you are reporting issues:

• If you are looking for a thread and can’t find it, please post here. We’ll need to manually move some threads that got lost in the migration to their correct groups.
  • If you are reporting a bug please be specific about the issue you're seeing, how you got there (“I clicked here and it did *this*”), the device you're using and which browser you're in. 

Some tips:

• If you are looking for a thread that you commented on in the old community, go to the front page of conversations and click the “My Posts” tab. This is where you will find all of your conversations activity, including your heart count.

It’s good to see you all and thanks for being patient!

Whenever reporting a bug we need as much info as possible or our tech team cannot reproduce the issue and verify it's actually occurring. If they can't see the issue they cannot fix it. You cannot overshare details, test on too many devices or share too many screenshots... The more detail the better!

Re: Beauty Insider Community Feedback

The only way I could find to manage my old galleries is through the image upload dialog. Is there another way? They don't seem to be imported into the new "Gallery" at all.

Also, can I somehow display more replies on one page for a thread? Some sort of "view all" or even just "view more on the same page" feature?

Do you mean this?

"Posts per page when viewing a topic"

IMG_1204.PNG

How to give hearts/kudos/whatever they are called now? It's either broken or else I just haven't found it yet 🙂

@Titian06

thank you! that worked!!!

I swear I've been through my settings 1000 times and don't remember seeing a kudos tab before :facepalm:

Now if only I could actually reply to your post, life would be grand!

@RGbrown - Fascinating! 1. Try clearing your cookies / cache and see if that works. In the meantime, thank you for noting your device and browser. Let me see what the deal is. 

@candacebt @RGbrown - I figured out the problem.  It's a setting.

In the upper right-hand corner in the black bar, click the bell icon

At the bottom left of the drop down window, click the gear icon

Choose the Preferences tab

Select the Kudos tab

In the box first option, "Hide Kudos buttons and counts," remove the checkmark

Click Save at the bottom of the page

A heart icon will appear on each post at the bottom left-hand corner.

Hope this solves your issue...it did for me!

@candacebt @RGbrown - Want to let you know I do not see a heart with each post as well.  I am using a laptop with Windows 10 and Chrome.

I have been feeling "lost" this afternoon with not being able to heart the many posts I've read!

I cleared cookies/cache dozens of times today just trying to log in...no dice 😞

RGbrown wrote:

How to give hearts/kudos/whatever they are called now? It's either broken or else I just haven't found it yet 🙂

Hi there, to give hearts, just click on the "heart" icon under each post. 

Oh I see now... kudos and hearts are the same thing! I was wondering what kudos were lol... thanks for your help yet again @candacebt 😄

@candacebt I actually love how large and in charge the heart button is!

The site is a bit monochromatic for my eyes after a long, long day of eye strain but I'm hoping that will naturally change as more people actually do their profiles and start posting photos.

@candacebt

Maybe I should have included a pic...I don't see a heart at all...

Desktop, Chrome

Eta: no hearts appear on mobile either...Android 7, chrome browser.

no heart.png

Oh, can we also fix the way our profile photos upload? For some reason they don't automatically get centered and shrunk. I tried about 15 different uploads this morning to get the profile pic I have now (aka a horizontally stretched face, lol!)

sabrinas wrote:

Oh, can we also fix the way our profile photos upload? For some reason they don't automatically get centered and shrunk. I tried about 15 different uploads this morning to get the profile pic I have now (aka a horizontally stretched face, lol!)

I know, we're all having this problem! Looking into it. In the meantime, try the uploading it through your settings (gear shift at the bottom of your notifications). And I didn't tell you that. 🙂 

Yes! It would be great to be able to move the picture around to have it centered correctly.

Good to know about the reply bug! Thats the only thing I've noticed that is negatively impacting me.  Along with having it adjusted so that if it's from newest to oldest, it will show replies under the correct post, can you also make it so that the most recent replies will show up as the "preview" for that selected thread?

As of now, the preview shows the latest post to the thread which is not a reply to someone else. I think it would be good to show the latest post overall, even if it is a reply (hope that makes sense)

sabrinas wrote:

Good to know about the reply bug! Thats the only thing I've noticed that is negatively impacting me.  Along with having it adjusted so that if it's from newest to oldest, it will show replies under the correct post, can you also make it so that the most recent replies will show up as the "preview" for that selected thread?

As of now, the preview shows the latest post to the thread which is not a reply to someone else. I think it would be good to show the latest post overall, even if it is a reply (hope that makes sense)

Okay, let me see if I follow. The "preview" (on the home feed) *should* show the latest comment that was posted in the thread (in the box where it says "reply") and some of the content from the original post. If it doesn't, that's a bug and we'll log it. Let me look into it!

I'm also experiencing the issue regarding previews on the home/main page. 

@sabrinas - So fun times, third level replies aren't working as well (known issue, looking into that!) So I'm replying to you up here.

Okay, I totally get what you are saying now, and that's a bug. Adding it to the list! 

candacebt wrote:

sabrinas wrote:

Okay, let me see if I follow. The "preview" (on the home feed) *should* show the latest comment that was posted in the thread (in the box where it says "reply") and some of the content from the original post. If it doesn't, that's a bug and we'll log it. Let me look into it!

Yes! That sounds about right. Instead of showing me the actual "most recent" post, it shows me the most recent reply to the thread, meanwhile there are newer replies to other peoples comments on that thread. I feel it still sounds slightly confusing lol its hard to explain well!

sabrinas wrote:

Agreed on the previews...it's disconcerting!

testing