Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Customer Support

BEAUTY INSIDER COMMUNITY FAQs

What is The Beauty Insider Community and how does it work?

The Beauty Insider Community is an online community. It is a place for discussion, asking questions, posting photos and reviews, sharing experiences and connecting with other Beauty Insider members.

While anyone can search and read the Beauty Insider Community for information, only registered Beauty Insider members can post new questions, photos, answers, or comments. Additionally, members can track discussions and even receive notifications whenever new posts are made.

There are four main components of the Beauty Insider Community:

Conversations: This is where you can ask questions, get advice, and talk about all things beauty (or not) with real, unbiased Beauty Insider members like you. It’s the best place to get the beauty news and answers you need.

Groups: This is where you can find topics and people who share your interests. We have over 40 Groups to choose from. “Joining” a Group enables you to filter the many conversations happening in the Community by the specific topics that you are interested in.  You do not need to be a member of a group to view the content or start a conversation in that specific group, but you must be a member to get notified when a new conversation is started in that group.

Gallery: This is where you can post photos of your beauty looks and get inspiration from others’ looks as well. The photos are tagged with products so you can see what was used to create that look.

The Profile: This is your Sephora home base. It is a comprised of four tabs.

• The first tab is mostly public, with some private content where denoted. It serves as your introduction to the Community. It is where you can keep track of, and others can see your Community activity.

The other 3 tabs are completely private, and only you will be able to see this information:

• The “Beauty Insider” tab is where you can keep track of all of your Beauty Insider Information.
  • The “Lists” tab is where you can access the products you’ve loved on the site and also past purchases.
  • The “Account” tab is where you can access all of your Sephora account information.

How do I personalize my profile?

• To personalize your profile, hover over your username in the top of the Sephora navigation bar (next to the avatar), and click “profile”.
  • Once you are on your profile, click the “Edit” button in the top right corner. From here you can:
  • Upload an avatar
  • Upload a cover photo
  • Introduce yourself in “About Me”
  • Fill our your Beauty Insider information (only your hair color, eye color, skin tone and skin type will display on your public Community profile)
  • Upload links to your YouTube and Instagram account

How do I post content in the Community?

There are number of ways you can post content in the Community:

• From your profile.
  • From the black Community navigation bar. Hover over the plus sign. This will give you the option to join a group, start a thread in conversations, or post a photo.
  • From the “Conversations” tab on the Community navigation bar. Click the “Start a Conversation” button in the top right corner to start a thread in Conversations.
  • From the “Gallery” tab on the Community navigation bar. Click “Upload a photo” to post a look in the Gallery.

How do I check my notifications and private messages?

To check your notifications and private messages, click on the bell in the black Community navigation bar.

How do I update my Conversation settings?

To update your notifications, click on the bell in the black Community navigation bar. From there, click on the gear icon in the bottom left corner. This will take you to a page where you can update your Conversations notification settings and more.

How do I follow other users?

To follow a user, click “Follow” from the user’s profile page. You can see a list of the users you follow under your Private Messages. Click on the “Friends” tab.

How do I contact Customer Service?

To contact Customer Service visit the “Conversations” tab in the Community and click on “Support” in the top right corner. From there you will be able to ask a Customer Service question.

Re: BEAUTY INSIDER COMMUNITY FAQs

Interesting, excited to try this out!  Glad I found this post, was a little confused when I went into the beauty gallery and noticed some of the changes.

same here, my head was spinning for a minute Smiley Happy

RE: BEAUTY INSIDER COMMUNITY FAQs

Thanks! This helped me out a lot!!

Thanks for the post! It was really helpful Smiley Happy I have one question though if you guys don't mind. What does the rookie icon mean on my profile? Thanks!

RE: Re: BEAUTY INSIDER COMMUNITY FAQs

It's the starting level in this new community. If you are familiar with the old ranking system we're all Newcomers.

What are the recommended pixel dimensions for the profile background and avatar? I'm having difficulty making my pics fit. Thank you! 

6 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 152 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors