Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Let's Talk About NARS!

A lot of the other big beauty brands have their own threads now, so I thought, why not NARS? Let's share news about new collections, feedback on products, etc here.

The audacious thread: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Lips/Show-Me-Your-Audacious-Collection/m-p/1695820#M10941

SPRING 2019:

Spoiler

5B03C763-5B66-43D5-B5CD-CAD2FFB20D6A.png4B8872CB-9B16-4C47-A6A8-A5A5EB2C60B9.png0343224C-CB77-46EC-86C7-1E6ECEF0E4E2.pngD1989960-1CCB-41F1-8BC9-A04A37EEA659.png75A2963F-9578-4410-B0E9-5F9A2E8C0EC2.png2D212BE6-6675-4764-A909-009E6B40173B.pngB41A18B5-0E0F-4B2F-930C-6AD6D4324D72.png

APRIL 2019: NARS x CONNOR TINGLEY

Spoiler

Have you picked up anything from the collection so far? Do tell!

Re: Let's Talk About NARS!

Yay!!!  That's a good one 😉

Mocha (+ others), you're my Nars blush queen. Do I want Angelika? I realized I don't really have a light pink "stereotypical" blush color from Nars—and obvs I need one.

I've had Angelika for years and I keep forgetting to use it, but when I do I am like ahhh i look so dolly! (in a good way). Im about NC20-25 and the sparkles do show up on my cheeks, but very sparse and not in a disco ball way at all!

Anonymous Insider

Hi there! I have about the same skin tone as you and I have and LOVE Angelika. It gives the perfect flush to my cheeks and a nice glow. It doesn't look sparkly on me at all.

Thanks for the review, Kat! I guess I'm going to have to haul tuckus over to a Sephora and swatch it after all.

Anonymous Insider

Your so welcome! Do you have the dolce vita blush? It is another one of my faves!

Aw, blush queen - you're the cutest! 😄

i have swatched Angelika dozens of times over the years but never bought.  It's very sparkly and the silver ones in particular are quite visible on my skintone.  If that doesn't bother you, id say go for it, although I think they'd probably be less visible on your tone too.  But if it does, I can recommend desire or gaiety.  Both are soft matte cooler pinks.

Ah, sparkles! That's a no, then. Thanks for warning me. Gaiety was actually my second choice, so I'll have to look into it further. (Talking to you is much more convenient than going to the store to swatch.) 🙂

Anytime, girl 😉

Gaiety is really light pink.  I would say in terms of pinkness, it is the palest, Angelika is in the middle, and Desire is the most 'bubblegum' pink.

Anonymous Insider

Can someone with shadow stick experience give me some feedback on these? I love my caviar sticks and bb sticks, how do these compare? 

Have you checked out tempatlia's review of them yet? She gave them poor ratings. Some of the colors are really gorgeous - it's a shame the formula seems to be lacking. I was really looking forward to these because I love NARS and adore my LM and BB sticks, but I doubt I'll purchase these and certainly wouldn't do it before swatching them myself.

Nars opened a store at Garden State Plaza in Paramus, New Jersey. If my husband was not with me I probably would have done some major damage there. All forty colors of the Audacious lipsticks were in stock.

Nars has stores?? *crosses the border without looking back*

I know, right?  We can dream to90, we can dream.

LOL I wonder if the collections in the Nars stores rival yours, Mocha 😉

Nars was my makeup obsession when I started getting into makeup since so many people had HG products from them. I have 2 cult favourites, but one didn't work for me and the other wasn't as outstanding as people made it. I want to love the one product, so hopefully you gals can help.

Radiant Creamy Concealer, the HG of HG concealers. Everyone raves about it, but none of the colours match me and it creases so badly underneath my eyes. I have Custard, which is pretty much a foundation colour for me that leans a bit too yellow. I do have warm undertones, but recently SAs have been telling me I'm neutral to warm. If I tried to use just this concealer, it's too yellow and when I try to mix it with a better suited concealer, it looks extremely thick and dry.

Orgasm blush actually works beautifully for me, and I'm tempted to get a couple more blushes from Nars in my life. I just need to single them out since they are quite expensive for blush, and the formula isn't extraordinary in my opinion. Any suggestions would be great, I have light neutral-warm skin

I would love input on the Audacious lipsticks. They are extremely expensive, so I want one everyday colour, possibly Anita?

I'm with you on being disappointed on the RCC shade selection. Vanilla looks a little off (grayish?) under my eyes and Chantilly is so light! However that's the color I'm using because I know I will just get more pale in the winter and I've been diligently using sunscreen so I didn't get much color this summer. Custard would be my closest foundation color, but I like my under eye concealer a little lighter than my foundation.

The blushes really depend on what you're looking for. My favorites right now are sex appeal, douceur, madly, and sin. Taj Mahal is next on my list.

For the audacious lipsticks I think Anita or Vanessa are your best bet for an everyday color. They are my lip but better shades on me. Anna is nice but probably too purple for an everyday color. I bought Anita when they were first released and I just had Vanessa delivered today, despite every blog saying you don't need both. They are extremely close in color! I'm with you on bridgette being too bright pink - I thought it would be a nice spring color but I never wear it. The next color I purchase will be Jane because it seems to be flattering on a lot of people.

I have been going back and forth on trying out the RCC. Chantilly is too light for me, Vanilla is too pink, and until recently I would have said that Custard and Honey are too dark... but then I got a concealer from Ipsy that should also be too dark for me (allegedly it's for medium skin tones), and surprisingly it works really well on my dark circles. I think the extra pigment color corrects on the purple/blue so it doesn't end up looking too dark or orange? Anyway, I'm thinking about trying Custard out, but my biggest concern is creasing, so if it's hard to work with I may go with something else. I'm thinking either Tarte Creaseless Marajuca, or the new UD one in Light Warm, which I think would probably be a perfect color match.

I am also looking to add some more blushes to my line-up, namely a neutral and a red. I've been going back and forth between NARS and UD here too; UD Video vs... idk even with NARS for a nude, but I'm sure I could find something. For a red, I'm on the fence between Exhibit A and UD Bang or Quiver. One of my motivations here is that I can order UD from Ulta, and if I time that with a point multiplier special I could end up with 2k points and treat myself to $125 of freebies... but Exhibit A looks so gorgeous. 😞 #epicfirstworldproblems

Jaza, not sure if you've already answered your own question, but I have the RCC in Custard and it creases badly on me. Tarte Creaseless has been my go-to concealer for years, but I heard so many raves about RCC that I had to try it. I have oily skin too, but man, that RCC looks awful on me. Back to Tarte I went. I kept the RCC though for blemishes. It's good for that at least. 

Also, even though I'm on the paler side, Custard was still a good match. Vanilla was much to white on me. 

Since you mentioned exhibit a, bang and quiver...

I love all 3, but Quiver is more of a raspberry than a red.  Bang is a nice orange red, and Exhibit A is a true red.

im0812151age.jpg

Thank you!! That's very helpful. Quiver is out then, it looks like it would pull pink on me, which I don't want.

How do the formulas stack up, between UD and NARS? Would either be more difficult to go light with? They both look gorgeous, but different enough that I can't just say "oh, Bang's a dupe" and go with that. If UD is easier to go overboard on I might have to stick with my original NARS plan.

2 Replies
testing