Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Brand Loyal

Let's Talk About NARS!

A lot of the other big beauty brands have their own threads now, so I thought, why not NARS? Let's share news about new collections, feedback on products, etc here.

The audacious thread: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Lips/Show-Me-Your-Audacious-Collection/m-p/1695820#M10941

SPRING 2019:

Spoiler

5B03C763-5B66-43D5-B5CD-CAD2FFB20D6A.png4B8872CB-9B16-4C47-A6A8-A5A5EB2C60B9.png0343224C-CB77-46EC-86C7-1E6ECEF0E4E2.pngD1989960-1CCB-41F1-8BC9-A04A37EEA659.png75A2963F-9578-4410-B0E9-5F9A2E8C0EC2.png2D212BE6-6675-4764-A909-009E6B40173B.pngB41A18B5-0E0F-4B2F-930C-6AD6D4324D72.png

APRIL 2019: NARS x CONNOR TINGLEY

Spoiler

Have you picked up anything from the collection so far? Do tell!

Re: Let's Talk About NARS!

I looove your first sentence!  That's so me! Smiley Very Happy

this is all pretty exciting, however, i can't help but feel dread b/c i know i don't/won't have enough money for all of the items i want (or is it need?)  ay ya..

paying off some of my credit card...now i wait.....

So I went into Sephora for the first time in ages. (I've been doing most of my shopping at Ulta. Or ordering online) And was quickly drawn to the Nars section, as per usual. I almost walked out with a new Audacious girl. But I restrained myself and re-ordered my favorite, and by now, signature, Besame Red Velvet instead.

Haha omg I do that every time too!  I always want to buy another Audie!  #thestruggleisreal

Just curious if you had to choose one blush from NARS, what would it be? I'd probably choose cactus flower, but it was sadly discontinued Smiley Sad 

Oh lord, that's like trying to choose a favorite child. Smiley Surprised

Douceur for a 'nude', Starscape or 413BLKR for a pink, or Lovejoy for a peachy orange.  If I really had to only have one, it would be Douceur, but sadly... also discontinued.  

FWIW, I think allcosmeticswholesale seems to carry cactus flower, but I've not purchased from them before, so I can't vouch for legit-ness.

I am finally buying Jungle Red lipstick.  Don't ask why I don't already have it - it is Nars and it is red. 

Things slip between the cracks people....they just do.

A+ decision, GC.

FYI:  I am the last one to talk about eye makeup, but I have tried teh NARS shadow sticks.  I have also tried Bobbi Brown and Laura Mercier.  NARS is the worst.  It felt dry and tugged a bit on my lid.

This is not extensive reserach, but I am picky about anything I put on my eyes.  So take it for what it is worth....

That's what I was afraid of GC. This is the first one I've tried from Nars, so I'm fearing it's the formula. Which is a bummer because the color is so pretty. It may be going back. 

Can someone with shadow stick experience give me some feedback on these? I love my caviar sticks and bb sticks, how do these compare? 

Have you checked out tempatlia's review of them yet? She gave them poor ratings. Some of the colors are really gorgeous - it's a shame the formula seems to be lacking. I was really looking forward to these because I love NARS and adore my LM and BB sticks, but I doubt I'll purchase these and certainly wouldn't do it before swatching them myself.

i0811153mage.jpg

Posted elsewhere already, but here's a swatch comparing VIP Red to NARS Leslie (left) and NARS Sandra (right)

now i'll have to go swatch/compare in store..the more pictures i see of vip red, the more i think i have dupes..does anyone else go into sephora pre-swatched w/ stuff from your own stash so that you can figure out then and there if you really "need" an item? no? just me? Smiley Wink

My favourite NARS product (mind you, I don't typically use eye makeup and so forth of any brand) are their Satin lip pencils and other lip formulas in general.

I highly recommend them.

What she said! In less than a million words! Who knew it could be done??!!

Smiley Very Happy

That blush duo is calling my name! I wish I could swatch it in person though. 

Me too! I won't likely get the chance to swatch it either but I'm sure I could find a lot of friends to take it off my hands if I don't like it...but who am I kidding?! I'll definitely at least like it!

Oh man, I can't wait to get my hands on the Tribulation blush and Pasiphae shadow! Any idea when they will be released?

Pasiphae was up on the US side, but I haven't seen it on the Canadian site yet.

1 Reply