Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Confidential

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags (1)

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Ugh, sorry that happened @Adriadne!   Cat Sad Here's an article that came out today which shows another issue they're having with baby wipes.  My confidence in this company plummeted with their sunscreen drama last year. 

0.JPG

Spoiler
The Honest Company, which was founded by Jessica Alba, creates nontoxic household cleaners, personal care products, and beauty products designed to be safe for the whole family. That's why everyone was so surprised when the company just issued a recall of its baby wipes, due the possible presence of mold.

Christopher Gavigan, the Honest Company's cofounder and chief purpose officer, issued a video statement explaining the recall. "Recently, it came to our attention during routine quality testing that certain lots of our wipes were not meeting our high standards," Gavigan says in the video. "A recent quality audit concluded there is the potential for the presence of mold in certain lots of our wipes, resulting in staining. The aesthetics are unacceptable and we believe any affected products are not likely to cause adverse health consequences."

Gavigan notes that the type of mold that could develop on the wipes can be found on citrus plants, such as oranges, and that the Honest Company decided to voluntarily recall the wipes out of "an abundance of caution." The webpage with Gavigan's statement has a feature allowing customers to enter the lot number (which can be found on the back of the package) to find out if the wipes they have are being recalled.

This is not the first time the Honest Company has been the subject of controversy. In 2015, some customers shared complaints that the brand's mineral-based Honest Company SPF 30 sunscreen did not protect them from sunburn. Last year, a woman sued the company, claiming the company falsely marketed some of its products as free from sodium lauryl sulfate (SLS) when they allegedly do contain SLS. Also, in January 2017, the brand voluntarily recalled its baby powder, stating that the product may have been contaminated with microorganisms, which can cause skin or eye infections.

In his video statement, Gavigan notes that the manufacturing plant that makes the wipes will be implementing enhanced cleaning and testing procedures, sampling requirements, and inspections. "As the father of four young children and the cofounder of Honest, I want to let you know that we take our responsibility to you, our customers, very seriously," said Gavigan.

Wow. Thank you for posting this as I have some of their baby wipes too. It sounds like they really need to get their quality issues worked out. 

@ZombieMetroAnt I agree! I've now had to stop using their sunscreen, their baby powder (which was also voluntarily recalled) and now their wipes for my little one.  I've lost confidence in them too & when that happens with customers, that usually is the beginning of the end for companies.

Wow.  You think you're doing good by your baby and you find out something like this...

Who claims they're paraben free and then uses parabens??? Honestly.....

Image result for dr. evil honestly

-_-

I'm sure Jessica Alba isn't sitting in some Dr. Evil plotting to secretly add in ingredients she promises not to, but it's really unfortunate that somewhere within her brand this is taking place and it all ties back to her name.

I'm sure she has good intentions, but I have to imagine it is difficult for a company that grew this fast to monitor their supply chain's practices and ingredients. Hopefully, they'll get quality under control soon.

YouTube sponsored pr packaging/products. I'm getting so annoyed by the the nice packaging these pr products are coming in. Like wait🤔. Hold up. I'm spending my hard earned cash on these products but influencers are getting different packaging and exclusive sets for free. For what? They rave about the products to drive up sales and then bash the brand a few videos later. The one that annoyed me the most is the nyx/farsali pr box that's only for these ppl. Like huh?!! How is this going to make me what to buy crap from these brands. I'm over it. 

Amen. I get why these companies are essentially "sucking up" to beauty influencers but come on.. It's hard to watch without rolling my eyes. 

I remember watching Emily Noel on YT talk about how she feels this way, even when she's a beauty influencer herself. I believe she questioned the credibility and validity behind beauty influencers' "honest reviews" after getting huge, extremely well-packaged PR. 

I think for up and coming brands it makes sense to do pr to get the brand out there. But for well established brands, it makes no sense anymore. There's only a few you tubers I kind of "trust" their opinion and it's not the well known ones either anymore lol. 

One one hand, I understand the companies. The best way to get your product out there is to give away samples, and hope that positive word of mouth spreads. However, when influencers are pushed to publish positive reviews it makes both sides look dishonest. And it's easy to see the good in a product when it's free vs dropping $40 for it. 

BUT just because its raved about doesn't mean it's bad. I like Morphe. The palettes I've tried are much better quality as those noname eyeshadow palettes on Ebay IMO. I also bought most the Elite Collection brushes & really enjoy them. And I google discount codes when I see something interesting enough to buy. 

I'm at the point now I just buy whatever I want and see for myself. LIke the new becca palette,so many ppl are raving about it. But I swatched it in store and it was ok, nothing completely unique. Same with the Nicole Anastasia palette. On the flip no one raves about the natural love too faced palette and I really like it. 

It just seems like these companies are more focused on competing with each other over influencer praise than the actual consumer. This is why I really like it when Sephora does the gratis for BT. For the most part we're just regular ppl who love makeup and have no stake or anything to really gain by giving fake or hyped up reviews.

@misscgYeah you're absolutely right. I trust y'all waaay more than any YTer or blogger. And when a new product sells out in 5 minutes but those pr packages never run out, it makes me wonder who the priority should be. I work hard for my money but us customers seem to be an afterthought. 

Agreed @misscg!  To be honest sometimes it looks like companies put more into crafting the PR package than the packaging of the product itself or marketing outside of YouTubers. 

I've seen YouTubers unbox PR packages & note how much they know the product is good because the company sends the best PR packages 🙄.  Granted, I take YTer recommendations as a grain of salt especially now but it's still annoying

When you get an email (gasps with excitement) for an item you've been eyeing only to find out it's a false alarm Cat Frustrated

00000.JPG

Spoiler

SIKE!  Nope, this item is NOT available...not even close...

0000.JPG

Image result for shakes fist gif

They're playing with your emotions!!

@ZombieMetroAntI got the same email a few days ago and was so excited... until I realized that it was a mistake (or it sold out again before the email was generated).  I'll keep an eye out for you.  It's such a pretty mirror and you should have it.

@ZombieMetroAnt I have an extra mirror!!!!   I snagged an extra for someone but they managed to acquire one on their own during another drop.  If you're interested you have first dibs.

EEK!!!  @heartsmyface you are so incredibly wonderful!  PMing you Heart

@ZombieMetroAntOooh I feel that pain! You always have the BEST gifs I've noticed lol.

Thanks @RoseCharlie Heart The internet is the gift that keeps on giving Cat LOL

My two Sephora orders arrived today! One package had NO samples, nothing, nada...so empty. Not even 1 sample!!!