Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Same! Plus it's my birthday month so I have 2x points. I thought, well, I am out of my Tony Moly banana hand lotion...and went from there. 🙂

See!  At least you needed something, lol.  Having 2x the points for an entire month is dangerous on its own!

Happy (early) Birthday @JenniferOhJenny!!! 

Thanks @ElleElleG

This is a peeve.. and I'm really depressed/sad about it too.. :'(

I had a migraine earlier today which involved some *being sick* and now my face is covered in burst blood vessel dots all around my eyelids, undereyes, mouth and scattered around the rest of my face. Enough that I look like someone tried to strangle me.

Bad enough being sick, but *insert swearing* what the *insert more swearing*

Now I gotta conceal like a MOFO until this *insert swearing* clears up.

Thanks life. You rock.

Oh man I'm so sorry to hear that @Insomniacmuffin!  I have the same issue with migraines and also get sick when my allergies get really bad, and I get the same issue with burst blood vessels all over my face. It's so frustrating and makes me so self conscious. As if suffering from migraines and getting sick isn't bad enough!

The worst part for me is that over time some of the spots on my cheeks have remained.  It's nowhere near as bad as it is when I get sick, but without foundation, up close you can see all these tiny red spots on my cheeks.  I even have to be careful about wearing pink based highlighters because they bring out the red spots.  I'm tempted to get them treated with a laser since they bother me so much, but I've had a really hard time finding info on how effective it would be and what treatment would be best. I thought I was some kind of weirdo with insanely delicate blood vessels and well, maybe I am but hey at least there's two of us!  

@Insomniacmuffin - Gah, I'm so sorry.  

When I went to China in high school, a blood vessel burst in my eye on the flight over.  I literally had a half-red eye for the entirety of the trip, made worse by the insistence of random strangers who were constantly dragging me into their family photos. It's funny now, but I was so embarrassed! 

I'm shocked! You...one of the greatest storytellers ever!...is sad about this?! Think of all the random awesome stories you could tell people about what happened to you?!?!

This will be my story:

"I choked on my lipgloss when I saw Sephora drop ebates to 2.5% then hose the Rouges outta the 2x points."

True dat.

I know I supposed to feel bad for you and I did. But all the *insert swearing* are *insert swearing* hilarious:)

Somewhat beauty related because it involves Sephora but I HATE not being able to write reviews because the site is still messed up! I want to write my heart out and praise all the items I have recently purchased that are awesome and would highly recommend but am not able to on any device or browser that I use 😞

I found an Ambient Blush Palette on Glambot but I waited too long to buy it and it got OOS before I could. Seems to be just my luck this week. It happened like 3 times during the VIB sale.

My justification for not getting this was "I have too many blushes" and the moment it went out of stock, I seriously regretted it 😞 I feel your pain!

Just read that someone used their boyfriend's balls as a beauty blender and posted a video of it. Note: I did not and will not watch that.

I just can't anymore.

Image result for i literally can't even right now

Also, apparently the anatomical term for balls is a bad word. Okay, Sephora...

All I can say is People are sick.

I saw posts about it on Facebook, but have NO interest in watching it. I'll stick with Beautyblenders and Real Techniques sponges. Besides, I don't have a significant other anyway.

Beauty Ball-der

I saw this story on Buzzfeed, but didn't click it because...obvious NSFW

Ugh I accidentally saw this on Twitter yesterday. It needed a "Not Safe For Life" warning. 😞

LOL that was me earlier today. I was just mindlessly scrolling on Twitter and it just started auto playing.. I saw the first two seconds of it and now I can't unsee it.

I had the unfortunate experience of not believing what I read, so I watched 5 seconds... Let me tell you that you do no want to waste those precious 5 seconds. This is me right now

upload_7304303112560473342.jpg

In all honesty, I don't know what's wrong anymore. Is there no such thing as privacy, respect, and class anymore? Is acceptance from strangers worth your own humiliation, one that will stay with your forever? I don't understand why anyone in their right mind would willingly do this. If you're making fun of fads and trends in the beauty community, congrats! You proved your point that trends are silly, but at least my future is still intact. What will her parents, future significant others, and employers say? Others might be laughing now, but good luck in several years when you're looking for a job and they search your name in Google. If the result is 'ballsack girl', you're not getting the interview. *rant over*

@Melissa136 I couldn't agree more. She's obviously very immature and clearly didn't think about how this stunt could impact her future, especially when it comes to employment. That also applies to the boyfriend, too. 

I wonder what these beauty "gurus" will do next. Maybe they might use a chunk of pu.bic hairs as a brush? :S Just the thought of it makes me wanna throw up. 

Also, the word pu.bic (without the dot) is considered a bad word on Sephora lol

12,350 Replies
testing