Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Beauty Insider Community Feedback

Hello beautiful Beauty Insider Community members! 

We’re starting this thread for you guys to report any issues and weird things that you are seeing or ask any questions. We have a number of issues logged that we are already working on a fix for, so this is a work in process.

Some things to note as you are reporting issues:

• If you are looking for a thread and can’t find it, please post here. We’ll need to manually move some threads that got lost in the migration to their correct groups.
  • If you are reporting a bug please be specific about the issue you're seeing, how you got there (“I clicked here and it did *this*”), the device you're using and which browser you're in. 

Some tips:

• If you are looking for a thread that you commented on in the old community, go to the front page of conversations and click the “My Posts” tab. This is where you will find all of your conversations activity, including your heart count.

It’s good to see you all and thanks for being patient!

Whenever reporting a bug we need as much info as possible or our tech team cannot reproduce the issue and verify it's actually occurring. If they can't see the issue they cannot fix it. You cannot overshare details, test on too many devices or share too many screenshots... The more detail the better!

Re: Beauty Insider Community Feedback

@GeorginaBT 

Thanks so much; I appreciate it! 

Is anyone else having issues opening product pages on a desktop (using Chrome specifically)? It's been a problem for the last couple days. I can open every other page on the site but every time I try to open a specific product page (from any brand) I get a message saying 

This page isn’t working

If the problem continues, contact the site owner.

HTTP ERROR 400

I'm sorry to hear that, @quspork !  😥  I haven't used a desktop in years, maybe longer.  I do use Chrome and I'm not having any problems with product pages on my tablet.  I hope the problem is resolved soon!

@KatieBT I still can’t post any photo and get message of invalid HTML. I was however able to share a photo from my community album a few days ago but can’t post a new photo from my device. I use safari browser on iPad if it makes any difference.

the mobile app now messages people like a desktop. It will automatically pull up the members name that are in the post!!  I’ve been typing people’s name this whole time. Also I noticed that I new groups that I join stay joined for me. When the deeper tones group launched, I wouldn’t save. Not I can use my groups to go straight to all the groups I’ve selected!!! This is big for mobile app users 

@KNC24 I tried the app and it's not pulling up the names.  I still have to type them in.  

@SportyGirly125 Did you update your app? I just updated 30 minutes ago. I missed an update because I don’t regularly update my apps 

@KNC24 Updated it right now. Usually my apps update on their own but I had to manually update this one. Thanks for the heads up. This is so much better than typing out the name like you said but it won’t let me reply back to your direct post or delete my original post. I had to do it on the web. 

@TeamBIC I am not sure when it started, but I am now getting notifications (Mac, Desktop Site, Chrome; also, Android, Mobile site, Chrome) for when people reply to *some* posts I *may* have also replied to or are similar to posts I have replied to in the past (like in the same thread). It is weird? IMO. I dunno...I have notifications when people tag me (all of the time) or reply to my posts (when I choose), but I don't see a way to opt out of this? I find it clutters my notification feed and it would be great to get a way to opt out of it.

@haleyvvvv  Huh, now that you mention it, we did lose the ability to "unsubscribe" from threads we've posted in. I'm pretty sure we had the option to turn that off before this redesign. (Not sure how many folks knew about all the Lithium user options we had access to, but: pre-redesign, we could click the notification bell icon, then click the gear icon at the bottom of that menu to reach a set of forum options. That's also where we could change threading options—um, the way responses appear for you in a thread—and it was a one-stop shop for removing bookmarks, among a few other things.) 

In threads I'm subscribed to, I don't see an easy way to unsubscribe. For instance, I was auto-subscribed to the 100 Days of Lipstick thread after my first post 2 years ago (can't believe it's been that long!) and still get notices whenever someone posts there. But in the OP's options menu, I don't see an "unsubscribe" option. I do see "subscribe," even though I'm already subscribed. I also see a "remove bookmark" option but, again, no way to unsubscribe. 🤔 Same goes for this BIC Feedback thread and (I assume) all other threads I'm subscribed to. 

Also: aw, I never noticed a "revoke my hearts" option. :( That sounds terrible! Does that remove hearts I've given throughout the thread, or just to the OP? Or, does it revoke hearts folks have given me in this thread? Kinda odd.Also: aw, I never noticed a "revoke my hearts" option. 😞 That sounds terrible! Does that remove hearts I've given throughout the thread, or just to the OP? Or, does it revoke hearts folks have given me in this thread? Kinda odd.

@WinglessOne you reminded me, I used to receive notifications when subbed to a thread, even if I wasn’t tagged. This was incredibly helpful as it kept me actively involved in threads I started. Once that went away, I started losing touch and I found myself behind on posts. I realize these are minor issues, but I really miss that functionality!

@eshoe I think you can still subscribe to threads, unless that feature's broken right now. Ever since I joined BIC, I've gotten notifications (well, when the notifications feature isn't glitchy/broken 🤣) whenever someone's posted in any thread I'm subbed to, whether or not someone's tagging me or directly replying to one of my posts. Before this recent redesign, I did unsub from a few threads and stopped getting notifications for new posts in them. 

I think another of the Lithium settings options we had access to was the ability to turn off auto-subscription. That'd be super helpful for folks like @haleyvvvv who don't want to be auto-subscribed to each thread they post in. I totally understand wanting to turn that off, since I've unsubbed from a few threads myself. All those notices really can clog up your notification feed, so it'd be great if we could get back the options to toggle auto-sub and choose which threads to un-sub. 

Hmmmm @WinglessOne. I’ve unsubbed and resubscribed a few times to try to generate some sort of reset. It hasn’t helped.   I didn’t even know about auto sub. I only receive email notifications now when I am specifically tagged, even though I am subbed to a few different threads. 

Now, I don’t use the little notification icon at the top at all, but I do see posts there that likely match my subs. So it sounds like an email notification issue for me🤷🏻‍♀️ I miss getting them, it was so helpful.

@WinglessOne @eshoe is this what it looks like when your subscribed, notification wise? Like do you get it as an email? I'm not fully subscribed to any threads. I just got this email this morning:

Screenshot_20200906-074612_Gmail.jpg

So the email appears to be all of the recent posts in the eyeshadow thread.

But my feed only shows some of these?

Screenshot_20200906-074223_Chrome.jpg

Top one here. But its weird in this feed I'm only getting *some* notifications about the 100 Shades of Thread. So it seems like it is a beta test maybe using that thread or something just wonky with this thread? What's weird is that, in the notification feed, I get notifications sometimes when someone posts a new reply or when someone posts a reply to someone's reply. Like I would've assumed I'd subscribed if I got a notification for each post (almost like the email?).

Screenshot_20200906-074741_Chrome.jpg

But, I'm not subscribed to the thread, when I click on the three dots on the main post for the 100 shades?

So it like this weird frustrating thing, where I'm getting weirdly, too much but not all of the notifications, its a weird middle ground. I personally, don't want a notification everytime someone replies to a topic or reply to a topic I may have posted in. But, this isn't even that, because I'm not seeing it my notifications everytime someone posts in that topic. Its a weird curating!! The email, at least, seems to be all of the replies to a topic, however, I didn't subscribe to anything?! I wouldn't mind a highlight email (weekly maybe?) but...this is...strange.

@haleyvvvv Yeah, that email is a summary of BIC activity for the entire week. I've gotten those emails for a long time, in addition to individual notification emails. Individual notification emails happen only when someone tags me or replies to a thread I created. I don't get email if someone replies to me without tagging me (because I never check the "email me when someone replies" box for my posts), and that reply doesn't appear in my notification feed. I also don't get email when someone hearts me, but that action does appear in my notification feed. 

In your weekly digest email, check for a "your subscriptions" link at the end of each list of updates. In my latest digest email, the link appears whenever there are too many updates to list. 😂 @eshoe check your next weekly digest email for this, too. 

I can't believe I never noticed this link before! Probably because I rarely open these weekly digest emails. :DI can't believe I never noticed this link before! Probably because I rarely open these weekly digest emails. 😄

That link will take you to your subscriptions settings, where you should be able to see what you're really subscribed to and tweak things to your satisfaction. That settings page is located in the bigger My Settings section of BIC/Lithium, so you also have access to tweak a couple of notification settings, do group delete of bookmarks, turn private messages on or off (if you want to block all PMs), and a few other things. We've lost access to some settings since the redesign, but I'm glad there's still personal subscription management. 

You were probably auto-subscribed to the 100 Shades thread when you first posted there, even though the thread menu claims you're not subscribed. That's the same weird glitch I mentioned in another post above. 🙂 I know I'm subscribed to the 100 Days of Lipstick thread, even though the thread menu claims I'm not. If I really wasn't subscribed, I wouldn't keep getting notifications in my feed each time someone posts in that thread. 

Thank you, @WinglessOne!! I think whats weird is that it just started popping up yesterday? Even though I've been somewhat active for a while now? I went through and unsubscribed and hopefully that shuts it off. It was just weird to get notifications sometimes when people replied to a thread I'd replied to (like I'd get it if I got a notification everytime if I was subscribed, so it felt glitchy). 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

@haleyvvvv I receive one of those as well, usually with a couple thousand notifications (just this morning, like you). It’s an auto delete because by that point, some are a week old. 

Do you get it for all of your subs or just one, @eshoe ? Was it a new email this morning or have you been getting them for a while? Its just weird since I'm not subscribed to the 100 shades thread and post in other threads?

I will have to look at it next time @haleyvvvv, I usually don’t even open it. The stress of seeing so many New Notifications is too much for me to process at one moment 😂 Give them to me real time, and I would love to engage.  

eta around 5:30 this morning

CE8FBACA-A9E3-4F62-A4CD-4C13E2DF8AE2.jpeg

Oh gosh, totally fair, I wouldn't open them either, lol, @eshoe!! That's a lot!! It was just weird cause I got my first email like that today, and it was just for a single thread. Eh, but I unsubscribed so hopefully it will all just go away, even though I never subscribed in the first place, lol. 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

Huh, that’s so interesting, @haleyvvvv. I hope it gets sorted out soon!

testing