Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Beauty Insider Community Feedback

Hello beautiful Beauty Insider Community members! 

We’re starting this thread for you guys to report any issues and weird things that you are seeing or ask any questions. We have a number of issues logged that we are already working on a fix for, so this is a work in process.

Some things to note as you are reporting issues:

• If you are looking for a thread and can’t find it, please post here. We’ll need to manually move some threads that got lost in the migration to their correct groups.
  • If you are reporting a bug please be specific about the issue you're seeing, how you got there (“I clicked here and it did *this*”), the device you're using and which browser you're in. 

Some tips:

• If you are looking for a thread that you commented on in the old community, go to the front page of conversations and click the “My Posts” tab. This is where you will find all of your conversations activity, including your heart count.

It’s good to see you all and thanks for being patient!

Whenever reporting a bug we need as much info as possible or our tech team cannot reproduce the issue and verify it's actually occurring. If they can't see the issue they cannot fix it. You cannot overshare details, test on too many devices or share too many screenshots... The more detail the better!

Beauty Insider Community Feedback

@GeorginaBT I can't tag people or heart anything through the website 😭

RE: Beauty Insider Community Feedback

@lmaster it’s still not working for me. Only in the app I can reply and heart.

Re: RE: Beauty Insider Community Feedback

@SportyGirly125 awwwww 😣 

@lmaster @Hurray now it’s working 

Yaaaaaaay 🙌  @SportyGirly125 

@lmaster, @Anastasiya13, @TeamBIC, @GeorginaBT, I’m able to heart posts ♥️ through the app only. I am unable to give hearts through the website, on my phone or laptop. Also, I can only reply to a post through the website; I cannot edit that reply. If I want to edit a reply, I have to go onto the app.

@itsfi same

@lmaster I reported it and they are working on it. It’s been like that since 2 am pst

@SportyGirly125 yaaaaaaay!! It's working

Re: Beauty Insider Community Feedback

I am having the same issues.

RE: Re: Beauty Insider Community Feedback

@Anastasiya13 I reported it and they are working on it

Re: RE: Re: Beauty Insider Community Feedback

@SportyGirly125 Okay that's good. Looks like its working now.

Well, I'm on a 200MB connection and have an incredible amount of "latency" for the "Community form" only. Images do not load right hand side frames while on Safari on a Mac. Getting around is just a pain. Menu items etc.. -The app on android is also practically unusable as far as going to conversations. When posts say "follow this" the text is not highlightable so I can't even copy paste that URL. It doesn't even know I'm on mobil. It doesn't make the URLS clickable either so I can't follow a post. Personally, throughout the years the "Community forum" has always had issues IMO. - Perhaps it's been "patched" and updated too many times by too many ppl. It happens with "legacy" old code. As people move out of the company the original is too hard to read as "new people" use different languages and it all just doesn't flow well together. - Or, the server hosting the forum is in a location that is overwhelmed with calls or requests, doesn't have enough capacity to serve this load? - Has IT tried putting the whole thing under load testing, simulate "X" amount of users performing "X" amount of activities simulating 2X the highest volume of traffic you have ever had and seeing how much it can take? - Some IT departments like to host all images on another system that just holds the photos that can quickly serve them when called. - Another last resort is scrapping the whole thing & buying a proprietary forum software from a company that professionally specializes in "forums" rather than having your programers do it from scratch piecing free stuff together is sometimes an option for fast requests. It's not always the prefered method because it will incure an expense but many times the cost of unsatisfactory service provided to customers and an increased amount of technical support tickets and the time it takes to fix justifies the purchase. Perhaps it's time to evaluate the "inner components of how the community forum works" and audit the systems and speed of "The Sephora Community Forum" and formulate a plan for a possible long term solution. Thanks for listening, X.X.

@fitnessbby  I’m pretty sure BIC is already on third party software, and it’s probably Lithium. That’s what it was before the recent Sephora web redesign, and it still looks/behaves like a Lithium forum. Eh, there could still be lots of legacy patches in place; it’s been a long time since I had to work with Lithium, so I don’t know how customizable it is anymore. Back in the way, we (a group I once worked for, not Sephora) used to hack the heck out of it. 

I also don’t know it Sephora has an in-house dev team, let alone an IT department, or if they instead rely on a contractor/vendor tech team. I’ve wondered about that, though, along with how many servers handle BIC and Sephora.com. Some issues I’ve seen in the past could’ve been load balance problems, or bad or missing code on just one of multiple servers. I once saw another company’s forum (ironically, another Lithium forum) randomly fail to load at all, and the problem wound up being a simple html mistake: forum instance on one server was calling the wrong style sheet, resulting in no visible content, while the other 2 servers were correct. 😂  

Anyway, seems like the most recent bug flood’s been fixed, hooray! 

RE: Re: Beauty Insider Community Feedback

Today around 2ish am pst I can no longer go to the second page rgbrownhad this issue, tag people, issue hearts, tag products or send a message out. Nothing pops up. I logged off and on and restarted my phone and it still doesn’t work. I don’t log in from the app but through the web on my phone so I tried my computer and it still doesn’t work. 😟 I can’t even post a pic, I don’t have the icons on top. I can only give hearts in the app and add pictures Trying to access second page, Reply to post with no icons on top and can’t send a message out because there’s no box to put username into

This is the second page of BIC for me right now.I have been constantly getting errors that last few days when trying to post as well.

@SportyGirly125 @curlychiquita @Titian06 @quspork @itsfi @RGbrown Thank you all for reporting these issues! We've filled tickets with our vendor partners for the various problems we see going on here (and yes - we see a lot of them on our end too!). 

@Seymore3 @RGbrown Hi both! Just wanted to check in and ask if either of you are still experiencing issues loading pages 2+ on the Community homepage. We haven't gotten the error message since Friday, but wanted to check in with you too! Thanks again for reporting your experience. 😊

@GeorginaBT 

I can access page 2+ fine now, so thankfully that's fixed. 

However, going off on a tangent, load times are still a bit ridiculous, and the board lost a lot of appeal for me with these recent changes, so my time spent here is much more limited than it used to be. It's not phone friendly anymore, and more often than not, I navigate almost completely from my notification menu, rarely straying past the first page of the feed anyways. Just for whatever that sort of feedback might be worth in future updates/changes...

@GeorginaBTI just checked and it is fine for me now,thanks.

Thanks so much @GeorginaBT! 🤗 It seems to be working now - I can give hearts, tag people and products. Woohoo! 🙌🏼 🎉 

testing