Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Beauty Insider Community Feedback

Hello beautiful Beauty Insider Community members! 

We’re starting this thread for you guys to report any issues and weird things that you are seeing or ask any questions. We have a number of issues logged that we are already working on a fix for, so this is a work in process.

Some things to note as you are reporting issues:

• If you are looking for a thread and can’t find it, please post here. We’ll need to manually move some threads that got lost in the migration to their correct groups.
  • If you are reporting a bug please be specific about the issue you're seeing, how you got there (“I clicked here and it did *this*”), the device you're using and which browser you're in. 

Some tips:

• If you are looking for a thread that you commented on in the old community, go to the front page of conversations and click the “My Posts” tab. This is where you will find all of your conversations activity, including your heart count.

It’s good to see you all and thanks for being patient!

Whenever reporting a bug we need as much info as possible or our tech team cannot reproduce the issue and verify it's actually occurring. If they can't see the issue they cannot fix it. You cannot overshare details, test on too many devices or share too many screenshots... The more detail the better!

Re: Beauty Insider Community Feedback

Not sure what you are seeing, but here's a screenshot from my end; it shows you as Rouge ☺️ @m26430Screenshot_20170717-115038.png

EDIT: ok, wow, just noticed on the main Conversation feed that everyone seems to show up as "insider". Looks like another glitch 🙄Screenshot_20170717-115752.png

Thank you @RGbrown. I appreciate you taking the time to screenshot. At least we know it is indeed glitchy. 

@angel7594

Haha, yeah, I just noticed that and updated my post while you were responding. 

What a mess. 🙄

@RGbrown On the main feed it shows everyone being an insider until you click into the thread.....I wonder why. 🤔

Anyone knows how can we see our followers? I can see some ppl are following me but have no idea who 🤔

If anyone figures this out, let me know!  I'm being stalked by a few people as well.  (I'm not sure why they would want too.)

@fatimamummy  I was also wondering this also. At first I thought it was just a glitch on the app, but I logged in on my computer and still couldn't figure out how to see my followers.

😞

Good luck!  Sorry you are having trouble with your reviews. @Beadshopgirl

I found a workaround @Tamara76. I can write a review on my iPad if I use the Puffin app. 🙂

I am wondering the same thing...

(I think I am following you, btw...) 🙂

@fatimamummy

Tamara76 wrote:

I am wondering the same thing...

(I think I am following you, btw...) 🙂

@fatimamummy

I just followed you both @Tamara76 @fatimamummy, do we no the purpose of following? Do we notifications of posts or something?

@Tamara76 Thank you! Now I know at least 1 person to follow back 😀 I don't get why they put this feature in new forum though especially dhen we can't even see who the ppl are?

I haven't found a way to delete any of my private messages in the new system. I also cannot reply directly to a private message like in the old BT. Also, I noticed when I got a pm yesterday that the whole entire message was displayed in my email. I don't feel very comfortable sending messages to others now because of that. This did not happen in the old format.

Is there a way to disable notifications for kudos received? I wish we could clear out the notification alerts, an option to delete these would be really helpful.

Like a few others have mentioned, I don't get the point in following/followed when we don't know who is following us. I don't understand the necessity of showing the top contributors/kudoed people, either. Many features seem more like a popularity contest to me than participating in a true community. Ultimately, I just feel really lost here and I am having a hard time following conversations with how the comment threading is showing.

@angel7594 @darkiceis - I'm glad to find your comments!  I went to delete some old PMs and discovered there is no way to delete!  What?!

I also tried to PM the mods and their accounts have been removed!  Guess they're full!

I too would like to know what "following" and "follow" is and why I'm not allowed to see who is "following" me.  I feel like I'm being stalked--I don't like that feeling.

I would also like to be able to easily--"easily" who am I kidding--I would like to be able to see how many--gag--kudos I have.  I hate that term!  It's such a businessy/slangy term.

I absolutely do not want to see the "rankings" of users for kudos and posts or anything else.  I am not in high school, but I do have self-esteem issues, yes at my age, and I always will.  This does not help.

@angel7594  You took the words right out of my mouth.

I don't understand the purpose of "following" or having "followers."  Along with the ranking of top contributors.

Kudos - I don't like this term at all, it has no connection to Sephora's beauty community. I don't even know anyone that uses this term.

The additions above make it feel like a high school popularity contest.

Keep it simple like BT was, showing our heart count was enough and we liked to celebrate heart milestones.

Updating the community is fine but don't fix what is not broken.  Less is more, a few minor changes would have been sufficient vs a whole revamp.

I also don't understand the point of "followers" and agree that it detracts from the culture of BT. But I also understand we are moving towards a new platform. I just wish everything didn't have to be so hierarchical. Makes it less of a community to me.

darkiceis wrote:

@angel7594  You took the words right out of my mouth.

I don't understand the purpose of "following" or having "followers."  Along with the ranking of top contributors.

Kudos - I don't like this term at all, it has no connection to Sephora's beauty community. I don't even know anyone that uses this term.

The additions above make it feel like a high school popularity contest.

Keep it simple like BT was, showing our heart count was enough and we liked to celebrate heart milestones.

Updating the community is fine but don't fix what is not broken.  Less is more, a few minor changes would have been sufficient vs a whole revamp.

Has anyone been able to write a product review since the changeover? Even when I follow a prompt inviting me to review my recent purchases, it just takes me to other reviews of that product. There is no way for me to leave my own review. 

I can't leave a review either! I've tried on both my laptop and phone. No luck. 

Same here

Same here

@Beadshopgirl  Yes - But, I went in through My Lists under My Account, chose a product from my purchased list, went to the product page and added the review there.

@Tamara76 That must be it; I've tried both on my iPad and my iPod. I don't have a PC.

testing