Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Beauty Insider Community Feedback

Hello beautiful Beauty Insider Community members! 

We’re starting this thread for you guys to report any issues and weird things that you are seeing or ask any questions. We have a number of issues logged that we are already working on a fix for, so this is a work in process.

Some things to note as you are reporting issues:

• If you are looking for a thread and can’t find it, please post here. We’ll need to manually move some threads that got lost in the migration to their correct groups.
  • If you are reporting a bug please be specific about the issue you're seeing, how you got there (“I clicked here and it did *this*”), the device you're using and which browser you're in. 

Some tips:

• If you are looking for a thread that you commented on in the old community, go to the front page of conversations and click the “My Posts” tab. This is where you will find all of your conversations activity, including your heart count.

It’s good to see you all and thanks for being patient!

Whenever reporting a bug we need as much info as possible or our tech team cannot reproduce the issue and verify it's actually occurring. If they can't see the issue they cannot fix it. You cannot overshare details, test on too many devices or share too many screenshots... The more detail the better!

Re: Beauty Insider Community Feedback

@Titian06 You have 5372 hearts:) 

@Titian06 If you click on Posts (under Groups), your heart count will appear near your name.

@angel7594

There's a setting in your preferences to change the display timeframe for the leader board...a day, a week, 30 days, a year, or all time, so it kinda depends on what timeframe you have selected there. If you already have "all time" selected, then yeah...another glitch...

While on the topic...I wish "none" was an option and we could at least get rid of it on our own...

@fairlywell

This would feel more like a community again if navigating were easier. I now never go further back than 2 pages of Conversations because all this dang scrolling is a beast (I almost exclusively access via my phone)...which means I see whatever 20 topics were most recently replied to and that's it. I miss mindless wandering, but it's too much work now. 

As for replies, the best workaround I've found is to reply to the one right above...that should put yours right below mine in this case. (for now at least...if they ever fix the sort order, it'll be all out of whack again lol 😕 )

Eta: and I don't really care about more hearts. Sure, I like em and all, but I also realize they're just a number and have no impact on my real life, outside if not having an awesome custom HoF lipstick. But what I would love to see is some sort of guidance on how levels are calculated. 400 vs 3600 is a huge gap, so what's the difference in why some seemingly count more than others? That's what I'd love to know more than anything. 

@RGbrown Well, now we have exhausted the number of allowed replies, which is super annoying! I did not know that about the 3600 hearts, that makes me sad. Especially in light of the feel-good clubbiness in the yearbook thread. I'm sure you aren't the only one with hurt feelings. Maybe we need a support group thread for anyone who feels unpopular or left out? Maybe we can bring back some feeling of community? You can start it and get more hearts. Excuse me, KUDOS. 😝

@RGbrown @angel7594 I believe kudos used to exist in the old BT as well.

Prior to the rollout I was cleaning out my photo album and noticed when you are scrolling through photo album mode, you could see and give 'kudos' to the photos.

I'm assuming it's possible to view photos that aren't in a private album and 'kudo' them without hearting the post they were attached to.  

I don't really understand why, it was just something I'd noticed.

@angel7594

Meh, yeah, hearts should equal kudos AFAIK...same thing, just a new name. But this board is soooo messed up I'm not surprised there's yet another discrepancy. 👎

@RGbrown I selected "all time" My heart count is correct, I just don't get why the "kudo" number isn't the same if hearts and kudos are the same thing. 🤔

@angel7594 I can't even figure out how to see my total heats anymore. I stumbled onto it one day and forgot after. But I know I have over 5k hearts but under the all time authors it's only 4K. 

@angel7594 it is confusing 😞  I think I'll be a Rookie I forever *sniff sniff*

Not sure if this has been mentioned or observed by anyone else, but I'm kinda deflated about the rankings.  I understand we all started back to square one and all that, just feeling like I will never get out of "Rookie I" mode.  I haven't been online much this past week because I noticed that even the very active people that have 4 times my activity still have not moved out of Rookie I level.  Makes me feel like what's the use?.... just my opinion, maybe I'm hormonal and having a little pitty party for myself lol.  Wondering if anyone else feel this way?

@AMK721

I agree. If they carried over all (or, well, most at least) of our previous hearts and posts, I don't understand why that couldn't have been used to calculate current rankings under the new system.

Of course, I was kinda disillusioned with the old system too...I saw several folks make HOF with only 400 hearts, yet I had 1100 and was nowhere near it, so if there's not going to be any transparency to the levels, I find any sort of ranking system here rather arbitrary and unintuitive and useless. 🙄

@fairlywell

I wasn't keeping track really either...I just happened to see a couple of folks post "wow, I just made HOF" in the month or so before the swap, and out of curiosity I checked their stats just to get an idea of when to expect it. I was floored when I saw both folks had fewer hearts and posts than I did at the time. I started doing some digging around the boards and found a couple of threads discussing the progression, and while none of the info was concrete of course, it seemed you either got it way early, around 400 hearts, or you were stuck for eternity until somewhere around 3600 hearts. 

Then HOF gifts started going out, and I shamefully admit my feelings were sorely hurt for a bit. But c'est la vie...

@RGbrown That's weird - I think I was switched to HoF at 400 hearts, although I wasn't really keeping track of the levels. Everything is so cumbersome on the new site, the rankings are the last thing to bother me. But I get the annoyance! Right now I'm just following people I know around hoping I'm still allowed at the lunch table. (BTW "kudos" is the lamest. I just can't even with that. "kudos, RGbrown!" Ugh.)

It'd be helpful if on the main page, after you click to go to the next page, that the next page loads at the top of the page. It's time consuming to have to keep scrolling up and down. I also agree there should be more posts per page.

Something about this new layout isn't aesthetically pleasing. Maybe the lack of colors, long sized font, and flow of the threads is killing it for me. I'm not excited to come on BT anymore. It just feels like so much work just reading a thread I'm interested in or posting a comment.

@misscg couldn't agree more! I dislike having to click multiple things to get to a particular page..I liked the old main page layout where I could see all that was going on (posts, pics and even the occasional drama lol) and also my profile with hearts/messages. The only new thing I like is the post notifications but only when I am tagged or I get a heart, not for all convos in the threads I am subbed to. 

I keep trying and coming back to be active but I am easily bored/frustrated since I feel I am talking to myself unless I tag someone and by now feel I am only posting complains.. I feel bad because I know how excited and how hard the mods worked on this 😔 

I agree @Anewxa, the mods seemed really excited about this and I honestly was too....but it's just too much to try to figure out all at once. 

This is more of a suggestion, but I feel like it would be a better experience if there were more posts per page, or if posts were added to the page through appending new results to the bottom.  (I haven't found a setting to alter this)

I think it can feel a bit cumbersome to navigate through the next page button multiple times to find an interesting thread, I think the layout would be more approachable if getting new content was easier/faster

(just my opinion)

I'm sure this has been posted already but it argues my point- I'm having such a difficult time following the thread of a post. By that I mean that it's hard for me to understand which is the main post and what are the replies and the order in which the replies are submitted. I understand that this is supposed to be more of a reddit format but reddit is not this complicated. If you're sorting oldest to newest you should see the newest post, not the newest reply. Is it just me that's not getting it? 

On my posts it labels me as an "Insider" although I am a Rouge member. Can someone explain this to me? 

It seems to be another bug, because I see it switch for people as well. 

2 Replies
testing