Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Beauty Insider Community Feedback

Hello beautiful Beauty Insider Community members! 

We’re starting this thread for you guys to report any issues and weird things that you are seeing or ask any questions. We have a number of issues logged that we are already working on a fix for, so this is a work in process.

Some things to note as you are reporting issues:

• If you are looking for a thread and can’t find it, please post here. We’ll need to manually move some threads that got lost in the migration to their correct groups.
  • If you are reporting a bug please be specific about the issue you're seeing, how you got there (“I clicked here and it did *this*”), the device you're using and which browser you're in. 

Some tips:

• If you are looking for a thread that you commented on in the old community, go to the front page of conversations and click the “My Posts” tab. This is where you will find all of your conversations activity, including your heart count.

It’s good to see you all and thanks for being patient!

Whenever reporting a bug we need as much info as possible or our tech team cannot reproduce the issue and verify it's actually occurring. If they can't see the issue they cannot fix it. You cannot overshare details, test on too many devices or share too many screenshots... The more detail the better!

Re: Beauty Insider Community Feedback

@BeadshopgirlOh no!   I'm on my PC and am able to review - Once I get to the product page, it's the same as how I used to review products.

Are you trying to review on your phone?  If so, I haven't tried that yet. 😞

@Tamara76 Ok, I tried that, but I can't find where I can click to leave a review. All I can see is other people's reviews, and how to sort them. Nothing letting me write one. 

Whenever I click *anything*, my notification light goes on, even though I have no new notifications. 

Yeah, the phantom notifications have been annoying me too @Beadshopgirl.

@lmi82 At least I know it's not just me! Thanks!

@KatieBT Is there any way to increase the amount of threads you see on the main page? Also, when I move from one page to the next, instead of automatically going back to the top of the page, it stays at the bottom and I have to manually move up. It's a small thing, but they were both available and well executed in BT so I would love to get them back.

How do we find our photos? Like hidden, public, etc. I recall someone figured it out, but I don't remember what thread it was posted on.

Also, I am so sick of this website! This site revamp was an extremely poor decision, Sephora. 😞

@lmi82we don't have the albums yet like on the old BT and not sure when we will... that's what I was told anyway because I wanted to manage my pictures. The only place you can see the pictures are when you open to upload one and go to saved pictures like @sister13 said.

I HATE that I can't see the whole thread when I am replying. Why do I only see your comment... I should be able to see it all like the old BT. This whomps.

687474703a2f2f696d67312e77696b69612e6e6f636f6f6b69652e6e65742f5f5f636232303132303130353130313233382f7265636573732f696d616765732f302f30352f544a5f4465747765696c65725f57686f6d70732e676966.gif

I have only found them from the reply box.  So, if you are posting a reply, you click on photos, and select "saved photos" instead of upload or URL.  But, it seems it should be just available somewhere from the profile. @lmi82

I would really love an update or some sort of guided video (which would be awesome!). The way the responses are posted is my biggest pet peeve at the moment. I feel like I spend half of my time here just scrolling to find what someone may be talking about in the first post. Also wish the threads were condensed a bit. You used to be able to see multiple threads within the first pages - now not so much. That last complaint is just a tiny one. If we could get the way that the threads posted fixed  and a response/guided tour that would be fantastic!

Dear Sephora.. May we have our beloved BT back? 😿

At this point, I agree. After using the platform for a few days, I am having a hard time seeing the value in many of these changes. I am happy the notification feature is there, it makes it much easier to find posts I've been tagged in (honestly, the only improvement I have seen so far), however, I don't think we need a notification for every heart (kudo?) we get. Maybe it's a setting and I can turn it off, I haven't looked much in to it. The "Related Threads" is a helpful feature as well, actually. 

I in no way want to sound grouchy or unappreciative of the work the mods and the Sephora tech team have put in to making these changes, but I really don't feel like they reflect many of the improvements the community members asked for. The intention is definitely there, but I think the execution was poor. For example, the mobile platform. You have listened and provided a mobile space, but at the cost of a clunky layout, bad thread design, etc. This platform is not optimized for desktop use. 

I think our ability to participate in TSBs and gift exchanges will suffer considerably. We're hitting the fall season soon, and people will want to start planning exchanges. It will be much more difficult for the hosts to "vet" new participants (for example - I don't think anyone had the ability to change their name, but I'm seeing a lot of people I don't recognize saying "This is a disaster, changes are weird" implying to me there are many many lurkers having a hard time finding the codes they steal or who will pop up asking to participate in exchanges), and keeping it organized during the exchange will be mess if things don't change. Things like that are what have brought many people of this community together - not groups, or profiles, or follower lists, or top contributors. I am personally not going to use any part of those (I joined ONE group, the "Focus Group," haha...), I haven't followed anyone, I have no intention to, and I know who the top contributors are because I use the platform and can see who posts frequently (and also provides useful information... there is definitely a quantity vs. quality aspect there). I don't need to upload photos to the gallery, we had a place for things like that already.

What I want is a live chat feature, where we can chat with other members instead of sending messages back and forth. There are ways to ensure people aren't harassed (ex. "So and So would like to start a live chat with you - do you accept?"), and other things can be put in to place to help manage it. I was just hoping for some minor updates and improvements, a new feature here or there to increase functionality, not an entire overhaul that achieved the total opposite. 

alexasteph wrote:

@ElleElleG Hm, I haven't heard of a thread or a PM like that. Similar to the Succesful Trades List?

@alexasteph a few years ago I remember checking out the trade threads & wondering how to get involved. I remember coming across some posts regarding a particular user(s) who had a history of incomplete trades and/or sending things differ than advertised. Someone mentioned that they would share the user(s) info (likely via PM?)  to ensure they weren't scamming those unfamiliar with their track record. Wish I could remember who all was involved/ more details  

@ElleElleG Hm, I haven't heard of a thread or a PM like that. Similar to the Succesful Trades List?

@alexasteph  I've been thinking about future TSBs/exchanges as well and that's going to be quite a task.  The OP or co-hosts will have quite a bit of work cut out for them to vet those who want to participate and, lets be honest, that will likely trigger the "clique, etc" commentary.  😕

Edited to Add: If I remember correctly there's a PM (possibly a full thread) floating around that notes safe users/successful participants.  I'm not crazy about there being one in a highly public location but perhaps generating one for exchanges is something to consider?

It would be a dream come true if BT was back. I miss it so much. 

Agreed. I wish they would change it back. There was nothing wrong with the format before. I loved it. This new format is so difficult to use/read. Hate everything about it. I used to go on BT several times a day- I was almost pretty much always on it- whenever I had a free moment I would browse BT. Now, I'm hardly ever on it because it's so difficult to use. 

OMG yes please!!!! 😭😭😭

I agree! I can't find anything now 😞

@Anewxa I'd rather too that we had the old BT back. Did I miss the info about the hearts? Where do we see our total heart count? I know what's listed is not correct. 

@darkiceis @veronika23 @alexasteph just realized that you can see heart count & join date when you click on the # of members following a particular thread!  It's not exact but it gives you a good idea.

testing