Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Beauty Insider Community Feedback

Hello beautiful Beauty Insider Community members! 

We’re starting this thread for you guys to report any issues and weird things that you are seeing or ask any questions. We have a number of issues logged that we are already working on a fix for, so this is a work in process.

Some things to note as you are reporting issues:

• If you are looking for a thread and can’t find it, please post here. We’ll need to manually move some threads that got lost in the migration to their correct groups.
  • If you are reporting a bug please be specific about the issue you're seeing, how you got there (“I clicked here and it did *this*”), the device you're using and which browser you're in. 

Some tips:

• If you are looking for a thread that you commented on in the old community, go to the front page of conversations and click the “My Posts” tab. This is where you will find all of your conversations activity, including your heart count.

It’s good to see you all and thanks for being patient!

Whenever reporting a bug we need as much info as possible or our tech team cannot reproduce the issue and verify it's actually occurring. If they can't see the issue they cannot fix it. You cannot overshare details, test on too many devices or share too many screenshots... The more detail the better!

Re: Beauty Insider Community Feedback

@lshaethe brand thread is up now but the most recent posts made earlier this week etc are either not there or jumbled in the thread. The launch info is in the OP though.

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Brand-Loyal/PAT-McGRATH-LABS/m-p/2830894#M29935

Hi @KatieBT, I really like the scrolling and being able to see different threads on mobile faster,  but is there a way that we only see the title of the tread? Vice the most recent replies along with the thread name and descriptions?  It clutters the feed and makes us dig through pages to look at treads...as I can only see 3-5 threads on one page depending on how long the posts are..

This feedback is only for viewing on mobile. I haven't tried to view the new BT on a desktop or tablet yet. 

Edited to add: or maybe just show the first line of text for the replies?

1. It would be helpful to have a "reply to conversation" reply at the end of a conversation. Currently when you scroll to the end of a conversation, there is only the option to reply to the last comment in the convo. If you want to post a new top-level comment, you have to scroll back up to the top.

2. Filter location needs to be consistent across all sections.The filtering function for the gallery is on the top right. The filtering for conversations is.... well it's not really there but the minimal filtering that does exist is a little lower on the left side.

The replies structure is pretty rough. I'm pretty sure I have responded to random posts because they looked like replies to my own. I can see how many replies a post has, but am unable to read them. This makes following any conversation quite difficult. 

For someone who comments less frequently but likes to read the threads, this is becoming incoherent. 

The "My groups" checkbox under "conversations" is a good start, but what would be MUCH more helpful is if I could select a filter of "my conversations." (as in conversations I follow, not necessarily ones that I've commented in). There's a lot of groups that I like, but I don't want to follow and have to sort through every conversation in all my groups every time I check the community. I know there's a separate "My Conversations" page, but that page isn't helpful or fast like the "my groups" filter. The current "My Conversations" page is more of a "where have I participated?" list, and that's necessary, but it's not what I'm looking for when I browse convos. The current "My Conversations" page is also frustrating on its own, because it shows every new reply to any conversation that I've commented in, as separate posts. It would be more useful to see each conversation with "X new replies" or just "new replies", instead of having to scroll past twenty new comments in one conversation just to see if any other conversations have been added to. 

So I'm seeing folks refer to a webinar that apparently gave info to some folks before the release...things like community mods and other upcoming features. I am making an assumption that this was what HOFs saw before the announcement was made public, and is what involved an NDA, but if that assumption is wrong, please let me know.

I saw accidental posts here and there on old BT about changes coming, with lots of folks piling on with "omg, NDA. You can't talk about that yet" replies, and I'm sure I wasn't the only one who saw those but was completely out of the loop. However, now that the new board is here, can sephora PLEASE release all of that information to everyone? Continually leaving users in the dark is just off putting at this point...

Since this is the official "site issues" thread, I'd also love to see a mod updating us from time to time. Even just a simple "here's a list of the concerns we have seen you report; A, B, and C are being prioritized and should be working shortly; X, Y, and Z require more extensive coding and we are working on them but they will take days/months/whatever timeframe; D, E, and F...not gonna happen".

I am 100% positive that the mods aren't just slacking off and hanging out in the break room...but there has been so little communication with the community that it's hard to tell what is going on. Regular updates can be so helpful, as right now it's impossible to tell what feedback sephora is working on, and what feedback may have been overlooked in what is becoming a massive thread. I don't want to repeat complaints that are already on the to-do list, but at the same time, maybe emphasizing those complaints might move them up in the list of priorities, kwim?

Overall, the more I poke around, the less I like the new board. How it looks, how it feels, how much scrolling I have to do, the leader board...someone else said they'll just subscribe to a few threads and read the daily digest for them; I'm leaning that way too. This place isn't built for mindless wandering anymore... trying to find anything has just become work. 

Basically every bit of info released to anyone before is now public at this point and laid out in the FAQs that were posted

@RGbrown I totally understand, but we're still in the early stages so I think patience is key here, as hard as it may be. This thread was created to help the mods and IT people out so they can fix problems, but it will take time.

@malday

I know they aren't required to release it...I just wish they would.

I wish they'd tell us *something* about what's going on...what progress they are making, what they are working on, what may take longer than the rest. Instead, they seem to be silent, and the board is looking worse and worse to me every time I check in. The threading issue folks complained of yesterday? I never actually saw it until this afternoon, and now most threads (but not all of them...how's that for frustrating) are so out of whack, they are almost completely unreadable. Every time I look at my settings, something has changed that I know I didn't touch. I change a setting, it fixes a problem, but then 2 new problems pop up, or else that setting reverts on its own and I have to do it again. I'm fast losing patience.

Meanwhile, this thread is piling up with lots of great suggestions for improvements, complaints of problems, and so on...and Sephora says nothing.

I spent some time today subscribing to a few threads that are most important to me, and will be drastically cutting back my BT time to see how this shakes out. Yesterday I was hopeful it would get better and I spent a lot of time figuring out my way around and learning to work with the faults, but today's utter silence makes me wonder if they are even bothering to listen...

@RGbrown you probably won't see the webinar unless Sephora decides to release it, which I can tell you is pointless at this stage. Major companies aren't required to clue anyone in on things that have not been made final, that would only cause confusion like it is now.

@malday

This FAQ? https://community.sephora.com/t5/Trending-Now/Welcome-to-your-new-Beauty-Insider-Community/m-p/28261...

Nope nope nope...there are all sorts of mentions of stuff around the threads that have NOT been made public by Sephora, and I don't see any links to the webinar or video or whatever it was. I now know that there are plans for something called "community mods"...but Sephora didn't tell me that; someone else mentioned it in passing. There were a couple of other things that I'm having a hard time finding reference to right now as well, but...there are things that Sephora has NOT made public, but yet seem to be common knowledge to some.

Please don't tell me "oh, it's all public" while the actual content that was withheld from most folks has in fact NOT been released. Maybe that webinar didn't have much else, but I would still be very interested in seeing it so that I'm on a level playing field with everyone else. I personally like information...I love having ALL of the resources at my disposal; the early info given to HOF's (or whatever the secret group was...I assume HOF's but could be wrong) is simply more information that I'd love to see. JMHO.

Hi @KatieBT , I have another question.

I think someone already listed that the WAYW thread is missing, but I just wanted to confirm that we can still have that sort of thread? I remember it being encouraged that we use the Beauty Board/Gallery to share our looks, but I think some of us are more comfortable with a What Are You Wearing conversation/thread. 

If someone remembers the answer - thanks in advance!

1. It would be really handy to have a report inappropriate content button on the main feed next to a thread so we don't have to open a sketchy spam posting to report it. They are often filled with paragraphs of links etc. and it is annoying to scroll all the way to get to the 3 dot gray report icon.

2. When I check the "show only" box on the main page to filter content I am not interested in, it keeps unchecking when the page is refreshed, etc. so I have to keep re- checking it.

3. Will it be possible to delete notifications in the "bell" icon, such as who "kudoed" postings?

Copy & pasting my concerns here:

Spam

I see that the spam issue is still not fixed. It's becoming a huge eyesore and definitely not a good impression for all the new members. I had really hoped that something was put in place when the new layout was launched. As someone suggested, a CAPTCHA before account creation would definitely reduce spam and bots. Are the community mods assigned yet? If so, I hope some are up and putting these aside! 

Following/Follwers

The follower aspect seems kind of unnecessary as this is more of a community, rather than the usual social media platform. I understand why Instagram and Twitter has this in place. It's for those who want to view what others post, but I don't really care to see what specific users has posted or replied to recently. In a way, that would seem like the "following" tab on IG, which I already do find creepy-ish. I do know that we are able to see a user's activity on this community through their profile. Though, I don't think I've ever cared for it except for the times I checked out a troll's previous postings. I don't think it is necessary for us to have a following function if it's just going to be as I described.

I think the following/followers is primarily for the gallery section, so you can follow individuals who regularly post looks you like. I agree that it's pretty pointless in the community/convo/groups section.

So I'm agreeing with a lot of what I've read below.  Just wanna add in my 2 cents 😄

What I like to far:

Hearts: Being able to clearly see we’ve hearted a post. A++++++

Pictures: Being able to upload more than 1 picture at a time. Just overall easier when uploading.

What I have questions/concerns on.

Following/Followers: What’s the point? It seems like a popularity contest and doesn’t go with the community feel BT had. I really haven't check out that feature because I don't get it... I thought this was a community not IG/Twitter which is why I love BT so much.

Top Contributors: Again what’s the point of that? I find it doesn’t go with the community feel BT is.

Pictures: Where are the picture folders? Where can I manage my pictures like I used to. We had 3 folders private/public/profile. I can't seem to find them and can only see that when I'm uploading.

Main Feed: Hard to find what I am looking for and hate that I have to change pages instead of scrolling. I also don’t like that you can’t see the newly added pictures in a thread. Didn’t it used to be 4 or 5 preview from the main feed?

OP’s: Hard to tell sometimes what the OP is vs the rest of the thread. It was so much easier in the old format.

Spoilers: Why is it white space instead of greyed out when you are creating it.  Just made it easier to have it a different color when creating a spoiler tag.

White Space: Not sure why there is so much white space… feels really off. It's like it's all compacted and it makes for less info and more scrolling/page changing.

Replies: When you reply you can only see the person you are replying to and not the whole thread… Is there a way to change that so you can see the whole thread? Sometimes I reply to more than 1 person. It wasn't like this before and kinda makes it hard to reply.

Replies: Why is there a maximum number of replies? After 2 replies (I think) we can't reply to the most recent comment and have to reply to the comment above. It doesn't make sense and the conversation doesn't flow.

Thread: Why are the threads all messed up? Some are missing information or they aren’t arranged properly… like they will have stuff from 2 months ago on the 1st page and the recent stuff is lost in the thread. Will that get fixed?

Thread: I'm assuming all threads haven't been moved yet? Some are still missing.

Thread: It seems like the amount of replies on one page is short compared to the old BT. You often have to change page and wondering if that's a setting that can be changed.

Notifications: I like that we have the notifications on the sides but it would be nice if it could be separate like kudos/replies/tags. That way if someone replies to you you can see it better and doesn’t get lost in the other tags/kudos.

I think that's all I have for now... sorry for all feedback. :D. Thanks for all the hard work! Heart

@veronika23 No, that's perfect. Also, when writing a longer post you can't scroll up and review what you've written.  The beginning is lost until you post.  Nor can you edit more than the portion of your piece that shows up in the box.  Does that make sense? 

Ohhh I understand what you mean @heartsmyface but I guess I haven't noticed that yet. I know when adding pictures on desktop I have no problem scrolling up or down in my reply.  Really that's the only feature right now, besides the hearts, that I am very happy with.

Yea, I am just gonna say it!  I like Old BT better.

Old BT wasn't perfect but at least I could see the threads/posts/replies/photos.

It is very difficult to tell the "Main Post'  from the replies.  Please add more contrasts or use different fonts, etc.  

Right now this was a reply to @veronika23  but, it is showing up on top.  

To reply to people, we literally have to tag them now!  This is gonna clog up people's email notification.

Not to mention, in addition, to all the random threads Spam we have been receiving. lol!!!

wheeeee wrote:

To reply to people, we literally have to tag them now!  This is gonna clog up people's email notification.

This wasn't an issue that I've noticed. Commenting to test the in-thread reply. I'm  not tagging you - do you still get a notification?

I will say that I dislike how it loads a different page to type the reply. It's sort-of-but-not-really helpful that the comment I'm replying to is visible below (as I'm typing my reply) but it would be SO much easier/more intuitive/more useable if it just opened a text editor within the thread like the old BT. Opening a new page for a reply feels clunky and cumbersome.

Edit: I'm currently browsing in Chrome (up to date) on a laptop

@wheeeee  OMG me too! It had minor problems but man I liked it so much better. There I said it too 😄

testing