Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Beauty Insider Community Feedback

Hello beautiful Beauty Insider Community members! 

We’re starting this thread for you guys to report any issues and weird things that you are seeing or ask any questions. We have a number of issues logged that we are already working on a fix for, so this is a work in process.

Some things to note as you are reporting issues:

• If you are looking for a thread and can’t find it, please post here. We’ll need to manually move some threads that got lost in the migration to their correct groups.
  • If you are reporting a bug please be specific about the issue you're seeing, how you got there (“I clicked here and it did *this*”), the device you're using and which browser you're in. 

Some tips:

• If you are looking for a thread that you commented on in the old community, go to the front page of conversations and click the “My Posts” tab. This is where you will find all of your conversations activity, including your heart count.

It’s good to see you all and thanks for being patient!

Whenever reporting a bug we need as much info as possible or our tech team cannot reproduce the issue and verify it's actually occurring. If they can't see the issue they cannot fix it. You cannot overshare details, test on too many devices or share too many screenshots... The more detail the better!

Re: Beauty Insider Community Feedback

@KatieBT Re: your P.S., I'm having this issue when I refresh an open tab on that is "stale"... if it's been idle long enough that I need to be reprompted for a new sign-in, I am redirected to my profile as you describe. 

UX notes:

Spoiler

After this event, when I open the navigation drawer on the side (I'm always on the mobile site right now) the navigation is normal, but the black section at the top that usually either houses the sign-in/register links or the profile link will be blank... showing neither set of options and no text at all inside the black area.

When this happens I tap the "community" link, then tap "groups" in the subnav (the menus still behave normally for me here). After the groups page loads, I open the nav drawer and then see the correct sign-in/register links at the top, and can log in with no errors.

Android 8.1.0

Firefox 58.0.2

Google Pixel (Fi)

@KatieBT

Regarding your P.S.: yes yes yes

It seems to be the new sign in bug for me. 

Chrome in all instances, both mobile site/Android and full site/Win7

(I don't use the app at all)

I keep two sephora tabs open; one to my order history page on the main site (which prompts for login, and is the only way I can get logged in to BT...trying to log in from BT itself doesn't work) and one for BT. If I put my phone down or walk away from my desk for a bit, then come back to BT and refresh that tab, I get looped to my profile page instead of BT; refresh again or try to select BT from the menu and I likely get an authentication error. The only way I can leave my profile page is to swap over to my order history page, refresh it, sign back in there, then go back to my BT tab, click on the menu>community>conversations (and I typically have to do the menu twice, since for some reason the first time just loops me back to my profile page again). So the system is somehow smart enough to recognize it's me and send me to my profile, but not smart enough to log me in and let me see BT (and it's especially odd since no one 'has' to log in to see BT in the first place...log me out, fine, whatever, but at least let me see the forum instead of my own profile...)

same - I am only able to log in by keeping a second tab open (thanks for this advice @RGbrown ). although it does not have to be my order history,  and today it started randomly looping me to the profile page 

Thanks for the response, @KatieBT.

In response to your P.S. I've had that issue the last day or two. It's not every time, but a handful of times I've clicked on "Conversations" or "Community" and been re-directed to my profile page. This has happened in the app and on my desktop with Chrome. 

RE: Beauty Insider Community Feedback

Like many community members, I am having a really difficult time being able to consistently log in. This seems to have started happening when the “Looks” banners were added a couple weeks ago. I’ve tried clearing history and cookies on my iPad and Windows laptop - this seems to work and will allow me to make a couple of posts. But, then if I come back a couple hours later, I cannot log into BIC. I log in - the page will load and show me as logged in for a second, then the page reloads and I will be logged out. Additionally, I’ve tried to log out / log into Sephora (which works fine) then go to BIC. Once I come over to BIC, i get logged out. Then, if I try to make a post or check notifications, it’ll load the page, look like I’m logged in for a second, then reload and log me out. I’m really frustrated and not sure how to fix this! It’s not reasonable for me to need to clear my history each time I log into BIC. Does anyone have another idea or troubleshooting steps I can use?

Re: RE: Beauty Insider Community Feedback

@scott1201

I posted the below a few days ago; does it help?

I've had serious problems signing in the last couple of days too, both desktop and mobile (chrome for both, Win7 and Android), and this has finally worked for me:

Keep two sephora tabs open. One needs to be to a page on the main Sephora site that prompts for log in. I use my order history page. The second tab is for BT.

Whenever BT signs me out, I swap over to my order history tab, refresh, and sign in again. Then I can refresh my BT tab and 95% of the time, I'm signed back in. Just trying to sign in from BT doesn't seem to work, but for some reason it does from the main site. It's obnoxious that I have to do it this way, but it takes all of 10 seconds and seems pretty solid as a workaround. ☺️

Very helpful - thank you!! @RGbrown

In the last week or so the login problem has gotten worse for me.  I used to be able to log back in by just hitting refresh or clicking on my profile, but now when I click on my profile then go to community.sephora.com it automatically shows me as not being logged in, so then I have to log out of my profile, log back in, and then i'm able to use the boards with my profile.  It's really annoying.  I wasn't going to login in until I saw this post but I was like "this!!! 1000x this!"

RE: Beauty Insider Community Feedback

I should add - my iPhone seems to be working (for now at least) but I do not particularly enjoy the mobile experience

I've found clicking on 'Conversations' sometimes helps automatically signing me in again. I refuse to use the mobile app, it just isn't built with user interface in mind @scott1201

I am consistently having trouble signing into BIC. Clearing cache and cookies doesn’t help. It is like sometimes all of a sudden I can sign in after a few days and then get locked out again.  Basically whenever I have some spare time and want to hangout with lovely ladies here, I can’t sign in 😏

@fatimamummy SERIOUSLY! I keep getting kicked out and it’s making me want to stop trying after so many attempts 😕 I did clear my cookies from both my iPhone and my Mac and I’m having less issues but I still find myself signing in every few minutes 😡😡

I don't know why this makes me giggle like crazy, but it does. That has to be the funniest error message ever"things went wrong". I agree 100% :p"things went wrong". I agree 100% 😛

Ohhhh @KatieBT I'm at a loss and confused, lol. I've been having trouble with the BIC and system lately, as in the past couple days. I'm sorry to complain! The issues range from the app itself to the website, which is funny because many times when I click on a conversation, product, or subject under my profile/account tab (where it states your name, points, and status in a black box at the top) it will randomly pull up the app if I had been using the web browser, or vice versa. It seems super random? Btw, I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S6. When I can actually use my computer to access Sephora.com, it doesn't seem to have as much trouble besides occasionally telling me that I cannot access a page or that there's been an error. Mostly, I've been having trouble in the BIC with all of posting, replying, editing, and deleting. Sometimes it will let me do these things and a lot of times it pops up with a window saying "Permission denied," or will just refresh as if my attempt went through but shows the normal page as if I did not. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! I hope I provided enough details and that my explanation isn't too long, but I apologize if it is! 

20180312_205825.jpg 

@KemoLove are you having sign on issues or are not able to post while you're already signed on? 

I work on everything community-related (Conversations, Gallery, Profile) but the website issues you're seeing would be something I bring up to the site team. Can you clarify?

@KatieBT ~ Sure, sure, thank you! 😙 It happens while I'm...

@KatieBT ~ Sure, sure, thank you! 😙 It happens while I'm signed in, but also signs me out often at random. If this may help... I have found that if I haven't accessed BIC in a little while (in about an hour or more), I run into a lot less issues if I sign out and sign back in first before trying to read or post things. Let me know if I can clarify anything further! Again, thank you for trying to help ❤

Re: @KatieBT ~ Sure, sure, thank you! 😙 It happens while I'm...

@KemoLove I've been having major issues as well - but on my desktop.  I will be signed in, then when I go to click on "Conversations" it will sign me out.  Long story short, I think it may be a system error.  I posted in CS and the mod said she would forward it to the IT department.  I've had to resort to using an incognito window on my desktop - for some reason that works.  I guess we can all be frustrated together!

@KatieBT I'm continuing to have problems staying signed in when I got to use BIC....now even when I open an Incognito window.  I e-mailed Sephora the latest error message I got, and they rec'd that I change my password.  I changed it, but it didn't help.  😞  I miss my BIC!

@greeneyedgirl107~ So sorry you are having troubles too! Hopefully they have gotten better by now ❤️

Notifications don’t seem to be working for me currently. Anyone else? 

@PrettyPaint I haven't been receiving e-mails about my tags recently...it's been spotty at best.  

5 Replies
testing