Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Besides Beauty
|

Habit Stacking Thread ๐Ÿ“š

Hello BIC! Habit stacking is something I have been doing mindfully for the past few years now and thought it would be fun to discuss and share here. It has helped me save time, be more efficient and have more time for what is important to me (spend time with family/friends, scroll on BIC, read).

What is habit stacking?

Habit stacking is essentially exactly what it sounds like: taking a new habit and adding it to something you already do habitually. Habit stacking works by identifying a habit or a behavior you want to start doing and tacking it onto something you already do regularly.

Example (I do all of these at the same time):

First Habit - Prepping and making a meal in the Instant Pot

Second - Put a load of laundry on while the food is cooking

Third - Putting hair oil on my scalp or put a hair mask in

Forth - Work out (while I am working out, dinner is cooking, laundry is washing and my hair is getting a treatment)

I thought maybe this could be a space where we discuss our habit stacking, share ideas, support, learn and motivate eachother. 

What habit stacking did you do today? 

images (3).jpeg

images (5).jpeg

โ€ƒ

โ€ƒ

Spoiler
I am open for suggestions for this thread. Maybe we can do challenges weekly or monthly?

Re: Habit Stacking Thread

These are fantastic habit stacking routines @Mellmars1185๐Ÿ’—

@itsfi Thank you! I can't wait to share more of these habits ๐Ÿ˜Š. Thank you for the inspiration.

Tagging some BIC members who might be interested

@itsfi @missjeanie @jaaayp 

Love this @Mellmars1185! I had never heard of habit stacking until you mentioned it. It sounds like such a great way to go about developing and maintaining good habits. Ever since you mentioned it, a couple of habits I've been trying to stack together (or at least have been working on) include:

Reading for leisure while waiting for dinner to be done. The habit / behavior I want to start doing regularly (more regularly) is reading for leisure. Cooking dinner is something I already do regularly. Depending on what I'm making, there's usually a period of time that ranges from 10 - 30 minutes when I'm just waiting for something to be done, whether it's a dish I've put in the oven or on the stove. I've used that time to sit, relax, and read. 

I'm going to think about some other habits I want to work on stacking and will come back to post those later this week. Thanks for the tag mellmars1185! Looking forward to hearing what others are doing and learning. 

@itsfi That sounds like a lovely way to wind down while dinner is being made. I find that reading can clear my mind after a long day at work. Also cooking at home is such a great habit! 

Yes @Mellmars1185; exactly. It has been a great way to clear my mind a little and has served as a thoroughly  enjoyable way to get in some "me" time on nights I might have more work to do after dinner.

131 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 131 replies
  • 507 Hearts Given
  • 14 Contributors
Photos4
  • images (3).jpeg
  • images (5).jpeg
  • Build Good Habits.jpg
  • 8.2024 Habit Stacking.jpg
testing