Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

@lyravega  Ouh thanks for the link!  Yeah this was when I was MIA with the whole pregnancy thing😜.  

@heartsmyface  “MIA with the whole pregnancy thing”....

This made me laugh bc I totally know what you mean 🙂

@RGbrown I got the same sample and was wondering the same thing! I figured it was an old sample and immediately tossed it. But, I wasn't too mad since I got the other sample that I wanted, which was a DDG peel. That one more than makes up for a possibly expired sample.

@txcatx 

Lucky duck! I got this *instead of* the DDG peel 🙄

@txcatx  Hehehe, i’ve been hoarding samples of those peel pads by requesting them in every order.  Muah muah muah muah!  😈    They’re thé beat kinda sample out there and eliminate the need to bring extra bottles with me when I’m not at home. 

Well, there has been absolutely not a peep from nude skincare since July 2016 on twitter so I don’t know what’s up.  You’d think if they were making a comeback there would be a few whispers.  The samples look exactly the same as they used to so my guess is they found a dusty old box of samples and set them back up in the system.  They’re undoubtedly expired by now.  Like how long does an oil sample last in a foil packet? @RGbrown 

@heartsmyface 

Yeah, I'm kinda thinking these are ancient too. I have no frame of reference for what it should smell like, but I squeezed it out onto a paper towel just to sniff it, and while it didn't seem rancid, it seemed a bit musty. From old reviews I dug up, it may have actually been just fine. 🤷‍♀️

@RGbrown  I was thinking the same. 

Hopefully it is not the old stash. That'd be pretty worrisome. 

Anybody tried these yet? 

Just checked their site... this is what it shows:

Screen Shot 2019-03-07 at 6.45.41 PM.png

So, who knows. I just don't know for how long that message has been there, is this something new, or old. I, honestly, stopped caring long time ago after they left without a word, no explanation whatsoever about what was going on, leaving us all just hanging. 

Hi @RGbrown,

We do not have any information regarding this. We recommend staying tuned and continuing to check your email notifications for the latest information on new products and promotions. Thank you!

Best,
Rebecca

@RebeccaBT  There is no way to check if the samples are from some ancient stash, or if they are new? Because it would really not be ok to have the ancient batch that is probably no bueno anymore floating around like this. ( The last of my FS product stash went bad two years ago. )

When you're waiting for a launch and life kinda happens so you think to yourself "it's okay I'll pick it up later" and it sells out on 3 days after launching. Hope there's a restock *ughhh*

Which launch?  Maybe we can help;) @niki172 

@heartsmyface it was the Ciate x Jessica Rabbit collection. They still had it in stock on their website so I just bought it from them. Had to add on an item to get free shipping. I was waffling on the lipstick as well and now it's oos on Sephora too :P. Oh well - thank you so much for offering to help 💜. I tracked down the Dior blush (from the spring line) I was looking for as well so no in search of unicorns at the moment 🙂

I've had stress dreams about this happening @niki172  The panic is real. 

@michelleshops oh I've had those as well with a launch I've tried to stay up for. Life's kinda crazy right now so I took a more laze fair attitude about it, and it bit me in the butt 😅. Also kinda waiting to see if Sephora/Ulta will have sales soon as well so that didn't help lol!

Truth! 😭 Jeffree Star x Morphe brushes 😭 I hesitated be...

Truth! 😭 Jeffree Star x Morphe brushes 😭 I hesitated because I don't really need them but it would've been the perfect pick-me-up to myself

When one of your eyes look noticeably better than the other. 🙄😜 really need to practice my technique more! Happened tonight with both eyeshadow & brow pencil. Wasnt even in a rush!😟

@sonnydee 🤣🤣🤣. I feel like that happens to me a lot. I...

@sonnydee 🤣🤣🤣. I feel like that happens to me a lot. I have the two separate vanities in my bathroom and go turn on the lights to the other side to see if I'm seeing shadows or one side is actually darker or lighter than the other.

The spammers are getting more creative with their headlines 🙈Screenshot_20190305_011504.jpg

@SpaceLlama  That is too much!  They are making progress.  Just hope not to see another day when the boards are completely run down by the spam.

My favorite so far (which I absolutely regret not screens...

My favorite so far (which I absolutely regret not screenshotting) was where the spammer typed out a recipe and inserted their links throughout.
12,471 Replies
testing