Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

@RGbrown

I did try keeping my basket open on another tab when I couldn't sign in to BIC and it still didn't work for me.  I tried using several different options on the regular Sephora site, but not  My History.  I hope the Bug is fixed now and we don't need to use this tip, but thank you for posting it.

@tsavorite

I used to pretty much always have a second Sephora tab open anyways, for shopping, playing with my cart, etc, but lately it seems it *has* to be a page that prompts for log in, which is why I'm using my order history page now. Just refreshing the cart stopped working for me, unless I wanted to proceed to checkout (thus being prompted to sign in) but I was terrified I'd accidentally hit submit and place an order I didn't actually want lol. 

@RGbrown,

I often have a second tab open too! I found that even with being unable to access BIC from my tabletop computer, I could still place an order.  That's why I would leave my basket open on one tab, because I knew that it was in working order.  I didn't worry about accidentally placing an order, but maybe I should have!

I've been using the order history as well, but didn't think to keep dual windows open.  Great thinking @RGbrown!

RE: Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

@RGbrown thank you for the tip I will try it!

I've had this issue repeatedly. Thanks for the fix @RGbrown!!!!

@mermadelove@gingerleigh@JessyAnne@quspork

So glad to hear it works for y'all too (even though it shouldn't be necessary in the first place ๐Ÿ˜• )!

Thank you, that worked ๐Ÿ™‚

@RGbrown

@RGbrown Hmmmm, Iโ€™ll give it a go! Thanks for the tip!! 

@RGbrown Youโ€™re tip worked, thanks!

Yes! I'm having the same issues across multiple browsers on both mobile (incl the app) and the website. Groups and conversations aren't displaying correctly

@

@

@

and I keep getting signed out. It's very frustrating!

ETA: LOL and obviously now I'm having random posting problems. ... Excuse the partial quote sections that I can't delete.

I was so frustrated I actually posted from my phone, something I never do! At one point I had tried hitting "reply" to a post to see if it would fix itself, and the page just got stuck in a stuttering loop of trying and failing to sign in. Then I tried it again and so I had two of those loopy tabs just swirling away. That's when I gave up and starting swyping about it. Sorry to hear you had issues on mobile too though, that is just too much! I hope this all gets fixed soon. @quspork

Yes, hopefully they do, @gingerleigh! I've definitely seen those infinite swirling pages trying to load too! I'm trying @RGbrown's suggested technique now (Thanks for the suggestion, @RGbrown!!) and it is working that way, but man, what a pain the butt to go through all this just to be able to heart things and reply on the boards!

@gingerleigh Iโ€™m having the same issues. Iโ€™m using Safari on an Apple iPad. The problems seemed to have started when they added โ€˜most recent looksโ€™ to the conversation feed. I think IT inadvertently caused a few glitches. 

I thought it it was a good idea to add recent looks to the feed, but thereโ€™s no way to heart them. Even when you click for full details ๐Ÿ™

I noticed those and it's a cool new feature! Too bad about the side effects @JessyAnne

@gingerleigh - Same.  Happening on my PC and on my app.  It's very frustrating.

Yup. I've had that problem since yesterday. I use Chrome and I keep getting signed out of BIC. I'm also having a hard time logging back in. It takes me around 2-4 tries to finally be able to log onto BIC. Clearing my cache/cookies doesn't help either. 

What I've been doing is signing out of my Sephora account (the regular site keeps me signed in, but BIC doesn't for some reason). I'll then go to the BIC main feed and sign in again there. After a couple of tries, BIC will finally let me log in. Totally not ideal, but that's the only thing that works at the moment.

@lmi82  I was having this problem on chrome as well! Clearing my cookies/history did help though - I had to clear it for all time though not just the last week or whatever before it had any effect.

I have a bunch so I might as well list them off.

1. Face masks that literally burn

2. Nail polish that is super sheer

3. Makeup samples that don't last past one use

4. Tiny sprays on perfume samples

5. Paying a ton of money for products that don't work

6. Tiny shade ranges

7. Clumpy mascara

8. Highlighter that doesn't show up

9. Flaking mascara

10. Sticky lip-gloss

11. Eyeshadow that only looks good in the pan and when swatched

12. Blending that takes forever

13. The time you spend swatching literally everything in Sephora only to walk out with two things

14. Moisturizers that don't last

15. Peel-off masks that hurt

16. Shimmery bronzer that looked matte in store

17. Accidentally applying too much blush

18. Getting mascara on your nose

Ok so here's a very recent one: I went to my local SiJCP to get a bunch of different masks. I really wanted to get a couple of the Dr. Jart Shake and Shot rubber masks. THey didn't have that, among other things I went in for. So I picked up a lip balm. While I wsa there I asked for a sample of the GLam Glow Glitter mask. My daughter had been begging for a peel off mask and I Figured I would get her a sample. Although they had three of them  available for sale, there was no tester. So she offered me a sample of the gravity mud. "Same forlmua!" She said. Then she proceeded to give me a THIMBLE FULL. Seriously, my kid is FIVE and the sample did not cover her face.......... 

@mermadelove That really is pet peevey! ๐Ÿ˜’

2 Replies
testing