Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

@moxiepancakes plus the whole point of ordering online is that you don't have to get out of your warm house! Now you have to ship it back to them 😞 

Hope you get everything ASAP! 

Exactly! @MSena 

Anonymous Insider

@moxiepancakes, so sorry to hear about the ordeal to get the products you initially purchased.  Good that everything you ordered is in stock though. Hopefully they will expedite shipping and you will get your order soon.

When you spend an hour doing your makeup in the bathroom, then come out into natural lighting and it looks hideous!  That happened to me yesterday.....who knew contouring was so dependent on lighting??

I guess the corollary is, when you think "oh i'll just play with this new eyeshadow for a few min before showering" but end up spending an hour doing a really gorgeous look just for fun....then you have to shower it all off!

@drrragon I gave up contouring partially for this reason. I seem to already have a bit of a shallow natural contour, so lining it up perfectly with my fake contour is challenging, and whenever I do try to contour, it's in the morning when I do my makeup with no natural light... once I do go from my vanity light to my bathroom/regular indoor light usually my contour just looks muddy and gross!

@drrragon I do the "try new makeup" thing before I shower all the time! I've taken some pretty glam showers 🙂

@MissPuff I love the idea of a glam shower haha 

@MSena It does sound pretty festive! If only glitter wasn't so bad for the environment, I feel like a sparkling body wash would be fabulous!

And another thing! I am not getting any tag notifications since yesterday, but see that I have been @ mentioned in threads. Anyone else? Nothing showing in my feed or emails. Grrr lol 😄

@angel7594I'm not getting emails either :(. I just stumbled on posts where I was tagged. What the heck.... ugh. 😞

It is really frustrating V! I wish things were working properly; there have been way too many glitches and problems. @veronika23

No kidding @angel7594!!!  I didn't even get a notification for this tag. 🤬🤬🤬

I'm not even getting notifications either @angel7594 I've seen people reply to me and heart my posts, but it doesn't show up in my feed.

when people spend so much $$$ on makeup to cover skin imp...

when people spend so much $$$ on makeup to cover skin imperfections & don't use toner, or exfoliate, or moisturizers, OR sunscreen! like, Iknow it's not my business but GWORL work smarter not harder 😭

The APP!

- Half the time I can't select comments, posts

- I can't expand to see the entire comment

- Read replies to comments? Yeah right!

- Can't look at my notifications even with the bell!

- It keeps updating while I'm in the middle of reading something and I need to scroll to find the post I am reading

Basically I've given up on the App 😔

Anonymous Insider

Ditto that.  The only reason I use the app is to check if something is in stock at one of the 3 free-standing Sephora locations in my area.  Even that gets buggy.  

@Aaliaa The app is a disaster. They’ve had 6 freaking months, and it’s still crap. I just use a browser, even on my iPod, because the app sucks so bad. 

I just wrote a very detailed product review in the Sephora app, and received a message saying my submission failed, try again later! Arghhh!! 😞

@angel7594 That's always the worst surprise! I have lost...

@angel7594 That's always the worst surprise! I have lost so many reviews this way 😢

Ugh - That is super frustrating, @angel7594!   So sorry it happened to you! 😞

I agree with @bakeamuffin about copying reviews before submitting, just in case they don't go through.  I even do this on my desktop computer.

This only happened to me once, but it was frustrating to take the time and thought to write the review when it doesn’t accept it. I started to select and copy my review before submitting so that if there’s an error I can just paste what I had already written. Sorry this happened to you @angel7594!

4 Replies
testing