Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Beauty Insider Community Feedback

Hello beautiful Beauty Insider Community members! 

We’re starting this thread for you guys to report any issues and weird things that you are seeing or ask any questions. We have a number of issues logged that we are already working on a fix for, so this is a work in process.

Some things to note as you are reporting issues:

• If you are looking for a thread and can’t find it, please post here. We’ll need to manually move some threads that got lost in the migration to their correct groups.
  • If you are reporting a bug please be specific about the issue you're seeing, how you got there (“I clicked here and it did *this*”), the device you're using and which browser you're in. 

Some tips:

• If you are looking for a thread that you commented on in the old community, go to the front page of conversations and click the “My Posts” tab. This is where you will find all of your conversations activity, including your heart count.

It’s good to see you all and thanks for being patient!

Whenever reporting a bug we need as much info as possible or our tech team cannot reproduce the issue and verify it's actually occurring. If they can't see the issue they cannot fix it. You cannot overshare details, test on too many devices or share too many screenshots... The more detail the better!

Re: Beauty Insider Community Feedback

Hello @TeamBIC ,

I cannot post reviews or post gallery pics in Android. I have tried multiple times and get 2 different responses. 1 is "There is a problem submitting the review. Please try again later." The 2nd response is the standard " It will take 72 hours etc..." Makes it seem like it went through but it doesn't show up after 72 hours. I have used both the application and mobile web. I cannot use the desktop because I have the photos on my phone and it's too much of a hassle to transfer pics to the computer.

I also still see only 3 gallery pics on my profile and I know I have at least 10 or more. Please advise.

@Buootiful Hi there! Thanks for these reports -- we are currently troubleshooting the reviews error. The good news is, we believe your reviews are going through even though you are receiving this error, but we recognize this is not the ideal experience!

For your Gallery photos, do you receive an error when you upload, or do they appear to successfully go through and you're just not seeing the photos appear on your profile?

Hi @TeamBIC ! They appear to go through and/or turn into a blank page  when I hit the submit button. I also don't see it under the product review>See It in Real life, when I tag products in the Gallery.

*ETA do you see the review for Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray Strong Finish 10 oz/ 330 mL ?

@TeamBIC I've been noticing on the BIC home page that it seems like posting videos are a thing now.  I'd love to try my hand at it, but have no skills in that area whatsoever.  Would BIC ever post some beginner tips for making videos?

@greeneyedgirl107 I have posted some videos of my makeup look for the day and my eyes closed so you can see the shadow on my lids. 

@SportyGirly125 thanks for responding!  What I meant was tips for making videos.   But, I could use tips for Eyeshadow, too!  I'd love to get better at it.  I edited my post to make it more clear.

@greeneyedgirl107 @I think it takes practice. I have been trying to do more videos with talking but it’s not easy as it looks. Also practice with editing apps on your phone and lighting. It’s a process. 

@SportyGirly125 thanks for the encouragement!!!  I'm starting from zero. Any recs for apps, or video making tutorials to learn from?

@greeneyedgirl107 @I just use whatever is on my phone settings to edit nothing fancy.  I am trying to test my camera and ring light next but we shall see.

@SportyGirly125 thanks for the info!!!  Im hoping to pick up a ring light soon.  It's a shame when you never have time to go to the store!  I was just gonna get one from Target but if you have a better rec, pls lmk.

This is re: Sephora.com sale pages. There are a bunch of products that show as on sale on the Sales page, but then when you get to the product page, they are not on sale (in any size). Is this happening for anyone else? I noticed Skylar fragrances and the Alien Goddess and a bunch of other items. Anyone else seeing this? @TeamBIC 

Hi @sister13,

Our apologies! This should be fixed now. If you're still seeing issues with sale prices, please let us know. You may need to sign out and sign back in to see the correct prices. 

Best regards,

Laurie 

Great thanks so much! Yes, fixed now and I picked up Alien Goddess for my mother in law in Samoa who has been asking for a new perfume! @LaurieBT 

@TeamBIC  This is new.  I can get onto the community but I cannot shop now.  It keeps saying I don’t have permission to access Sephora.com on this server.  

IMG_6193.jpeg

@heartsmyface @TeamBIC  This also just happened to me, using Chrome in desktop content mode on my iPad (iPadOS 17.6). I was on the Community homepage. Tapped “Brands” in the main site nav to leave BIC for .com. Opened the dropdown menu under my username, then tapped the Beauty Insider Challenges link. Got a reauthentication prompt which happens A LOT lately, but this time the prompt quickly disappeared and I was sent here instead: 

Cropped screenshot of “access denied” error. This is actually the 3rd or 4th time I got this error in the last 5 minutes.Cropped screenshot of “access denied” error. This is actually the 3rd or 4th time I got this error in the last 5 minutes.

I closed that tab and tried to visit the .com homepage. Got the login prompt again, entered my un/pw, and got the “access denied” error again. I’m here right now via Safari (& iPad) instead of Chrome. 

EDIT: also, I haven’t been able to access the BI Challenge page for 24-48 hours, even before I was blocked by the above error. I was able to see other parts of .com, including my BI Summary page, but not the challenges page. So I can’t see which tasks I have left to complete for either challenge. 

Hey @TeamBIC, can you ask the folks in charge of Sephora product pages to please please please fix this shade misrepresentation? And not just because it drives my inner UX designer nuts (especially since I own both lipstick shades involved and thus know how they look in person). 😅 A friend says she recently ordered Gucci Velvet Matte Lipstick 702 Anne Lilac from Sephora, expecting it to be a deep smoky purple because that’s what your product page shows for this shade: 

Cropped screenshot of Sephora’s product page for Gucci Velvet Matte Lipstick, showing and describing Sophie Plum instead of Anne Lilac.Cropped screenshot of Sephora’s product page for Gucci Velvet Matte Lipstick, showing and describing Sophie Plum instead of Anne Lilac.

But instead she got a much lighter brighter purple—a lilac, you might even say 🙃—shade, because the real Anne Lilac looks nothing like those smoky purple swatches. Your product page has Anne Lilac and Gucci Velvet Matte Lipstick 606 Sophie Plum swapped: the shade descriptions and swatch photos are wrong for both shades. Here’s what your Anne Lilac Sophie Plum description & photos look like: 

Another cropped screenshot of Sephora’s product page. Yeeeeah, that’s not Sophie Plum, that’s Anne Lilac.Another cropped screenshot of Sephora’s product page. Yeeeeah, that’s not Sophie Plum, that’s Anne Lilac.

I didn’t check any of the other shades on that product page, so I don’t know if any others are mixed up. I do know Anne Lilac and Sophie Plum have been mixed up for a long time… don’t remember if I’ve reported the mixup before though. Assuming both shades are still at Sephora stores, any Sephora sales associate can verify what they actually look like. So can I, since I have ‘em both. 😉

On that product page, I saw a customer review complaining that they ordered Sophie Plum expecting a bright purple but instead got a deep dark purple—because what that customer got was the real Sophie Plum, not Anne Lilac which they saw presented as Sophie plum on your product page. I’d hate to see other folks order the “wrong” shade due to this mixup, especially since each return or exchange counts against a customer in TRE’s eyes and can lead to a Sephora purchasing ban. Lipstick addicts don’t let other lipstick addicts get TRE-banned from buying lipstick. Please, think of the lipstick lovers. Thanks! 

Hi @WinglessOne,

Thank you for flagging this with us! I'm sorry for the mix up with these shades, and I'll share this feedback with the appropriate teams to have this corrected. Thank you!

Best regards,

Laurie

Thanks @LaurieBT ! I really appreciate it! 

Hi @TeamBIC ,

Did we lose the majority of our Gallery pictures? On desktop, Chrome, I only see this years photos. On the mobile, android app, there are 0 pictures. 🤔 🤔🤔

Hi @Buootiful! We're working with our tech and Gallery vendor partners on this issue that's causing Gallery content to be missing from your Gallery profile page. So your posts should still exist within Gallery in general, however we're seeing that a lot of Gallery content is missing from members' pages right now. We hope to find a solution for this soon! 🤞

2 Replies
testing