Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Beauty Insider Community Feedback

Hello beautiful Beauty Insider Community members! 

We’re starting this thread for you guys to report any issues and weird things that you are seeing or ask any questions. We have a number of issues logged that we are already working on a fix for, so this is a work in process.

Some things to note as you are reporting issues:

• If you are looking for a thread and can’t find it, please post here. We’ll need to manually move some threads that got lost in the migration to their correct groups.
  • If you are reporting a bug please be specific about the issue you're seeing, how you got there (“I clicked here and it did *this*”), the device you're using and which browser you're in. 

Some tips:

• If you are looking for a thread that you commented on in the old community, go to the front page of conversations and click the “My Posts” tab. This is where you will find all of your conversations activity, including your heart count.

It’s good to see you all and thanks for being patient!

Whenever reporting a bug we need as much info as possible or our tech team cannot reproduce the issue and verify it's actually occurring. If they can't see the issue they cannot fix it. You cannot overshare details, test on too many devices or share too many screenshots... The more detail the better!

Re: Beauty Insider Community Feedback

@WinglessOne @RGbrown Well it was good while it lasted.. 😂 Thanks to both of you for keeping an eye on this - I just let our tech partners know that we're not done with this one quite yet! We'll keep working on a (hopefully more permanent!) fix. 😊

Is it just me or is the gallery very slow to upload pics today? I'm on pc, chrome browser 😴💤

So sorry to hear this @Skunk12puzzola! We've had other members report that the Gallery has been giving them trouble uploading recently, so it's definitely not just you. We've made note of the issues on our side - we appreciate your patience as we continuously make improvements to the experience! 🙏

@TeamBIC  This is still happening. Have been for quite a while.

Screen Shot.png

@RavenR @RGbrown @WinglessOne Hi friends! Wanted to quickly check in on the issue where original posts are showing up where new replies should appear on the home page feed - are you all still seeing this? Our vendor partners are continuing to work on this one, but curious if you've noticed any improvements so far.

Again, really appreciate you all for flagging this! 

@GeorginaBT Thanks for checking in! I have noticed some improvements with some threads that I know were broken in the Fragrance Fans group like "Fragrance Junkie Central" now are appearing normal. However, I still see some threads that are not fixed. Thank you for continuing to work on this issue!

Edit, I DM'd you some examples 🙂

Thanks @GeorginaBT ! I haven’t noticed any weirdness via iPhone yet, but I’ll update when I’m at home via laptop. 

@GeorginaBT 

I went back through 15 pages of the feed, and all looked good! Hopefully it's fully fixed, but I'll definitely be sure to let you know if it crops back up. Thank you!

Best news @WinglessOne @RGbrown 🥰 Thanks for checking and letting me know! 

Hi @RavenR, thanks for reaching out about this! We are working closely with our vendor partners to address this issue, and they are treating it as high priority given all Community members are seeing the same buggy experience. We thank you for your patience as we work on a fix here! 😊

@TeamBIC  @GeorginaBT 

The feed is still (again?) showing the first post of a thread where the newest reply should be. At time of posting, the first three threads on page one were displaying normally, and my screenshots below are posts 4 and 5.

Interestingly, pages two and three of the feed seem to be unaffected, but then it starts back up again on page four.

Screenshot_20220606-182057.png

Screenshot_20220606-182052.png

Thanks for the tag @RGbrown🙂 This issue is on our list and our tech partners are working on a fix. Appreciate your patience here and apologies for the weird experience! So odd seeing the original posts show up in the preview window - especially when they were from several years ago ... !

@RGbrown I know, everytime I log on the chat, I see this issue. It looks like is not fully fixed, yet 😥

Hey @TeamBIC , I’m seeing this weirdness again while scrolling through the Community threads feed: OPs of threads with at least 1 reply are repeated as the first reply. It starts on page 2 of the feed; threads on page 1 aren’t affected. 

79DF5EB5-68DC-40A0-BDEC-DB998D35B593.png

This started yesterday for me on my laptop (MacOS 12 Monterey + Google Chrome), and it’s happening on my phone (IOS 15.1 + Google Chrome). Already tried logging out of BIC and Sephora.com and logging back in. 

Also: wow. I forgot how glitchy it can be to upload photos direct from my iOS Photo Library. I almost never do that. 😂 

@GeorginaBT the issue is still there...from the third post on the main page 😥 As you can see, it says updated 15 minutes ago, because I replied to her, but it doesn't show my post.

Immagine 2022-05-28 133649.png

@WinglessOne Thanks for flagging this - the detail you provided here is super helpful, as always! 🙂🙏 Just shared your feedback with our vendor partners so they can start taking a look. 

Thanks @GeorginaBT and Sephora vendor partners for working on this! I don't see the problem anymore on either my iPhone or MacBook Pro. 👍 

@WinglessOne @GeorginaBT I saw that starting to happen last night but it would go in and out of correcting itself. 

@SportyGirly125  Hmm, I wonder if it's happening on just one of 2+ servers that host BIC (assuming there's more than 1 host server). I'll report back if I see it happen again. 

@GeorginaBT @SportyGirly125  I spoke too soon: it's happening again on my laptop (same OS + browser as before). But now it starts with the 5th post (after the pinned post + 3 following posts) on page 1 of the Community feed. 

@GeorginaBT @WinglessOne - I'm seeing this too for the first time tonight.  For me, it begins on page 3 about halfway down with a thread lylysa started in 2013.

I'm on a Samsung Tab A tablet (android O/S) using Chrome.

Edit:  Interesting...when I moved on to page 4, the problem was gone; the same with page 5.  It appears to be affecting only page 3.

testing