Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Beauty Insider Community Feedback

Hello beautiful Beauty Insider Community members! 

We’re starting this thread for you guys to report any issues and weird things that you are seeing or ask any questions. We have a number of issues logged that we are already working on a fix for, so this is a work in process.

Some things to note as you are reporting issues:

• If you are looking for a thread and can’t find it, please post here. We’ll need to manually move some threads that got lost in the migration to their correct groups.
  • If you are reporting a bug please be specific about the issue you're seeing, how you got there (“I clicked here and it did *this*”), the device you're using and which browser you're in. 

Some tips:

• If you are looking for a thread that you commented on in the old community, go to the front page of conversations and click the “My Posts” tab. This is where you will find all of your conversations activity, including your heart count.

It’s good to see you all and thanks for being patient!

Whenever reporting a bug we need as much info as possible or our tech team cannot reproduce the issue and verify it's actually occurring. If they can't see the issue they cannot fix it. You cannot overshare details, test on too many devices or share too many screenshots... The more detail the better!

Re: Beauty Insider Community Feedback

@RGbrown this happened to me too!! Last night around midnight PST. It was so weird!! But it appears to be fixed. Since weird bug with an update?

Update, @TeamBIC , is happening again. 7 am PST, chrome browser on Android mobile.

Edit: Sometimes what is described above is happening and sometimes it is the most recent "parent" reply that shows up. It's been very glitchy.

Screenshot_20211007-065856_Chrome.jpg

@RGbrown @This has been happening to me all day on and off as well! So strange! 

@RGbrown I noticed the same thing earlier today and thought it was very odd too. The format of my PM inbox on mobile feels like it’s been upgraded so I assumed the issue with the site replies could be related to this change?

@Guessgal 

Ahhh, I'm glad I'm not the only one that saw it. So weird! Hopefully it doesn't come back again.

Whoa, yeah, the PM box is way different, I hadn't seen that yet. Definitely could have been a side effect of the update!

@RGbrown you're definitely not the only one. I had a similar thing happen, just with a different thread. I'm also using chrome on Android.

@TeamBIC @RGbrown @WinglessOne @keelybt please help report CatheRH. You saw earlier about her using pictures that were not hers. I just found out that she is using pictures that are not hers for reviews. How messed up is that?

C571F768-0C27-46C4-B4B9-9A8E17E7A7B7.png

01A3A357-8CBC-4507-A8EB-D1C425D91FE8.png

@SportyGirly125  Good job!  I noticed that the pictures she used in the makeup swatches/looks didn't look like the avatar picture, but thought, "Who knows makeup can really change a person's appearance!"  The spamming was a clue though.

@Ispend2much6 Yes the constant threads she was making and posting made me suspicious but I didn't want to report it just yet.

Hi everyone! Really appreciate you all bringing this to our attention. Big thanks to @DaneeBT and the rest of our amazing moderator team for handling this. 🙌

@TeamBIC Thank you!

Hi all, thank you for reporting this! The posts have now been taken down. We kindly ask that you continue to report these types of issues by clicking the “report inappropriate content” from the drop down menu. You can also report any problematic reviews by DM’ing a mod and we’ll do our best to resolve the issue!

Thank you @DaneeBT ! I’ll remember to DM a mod for product review issues. I still wish there was a “report a problem with this review” feature on product pages, but it’s good to know we have a workable option. 🙂 

@DaneeBT @TeamBIC 

Thanks so much, y'all! One quick question, I see there are still 37 gallery pictures tied to that account; will those be removed too? 

Hi @RGbrown,

We are currently working with our vendor partner on this. Thank you!

Warm regards,

Laurie

@DaneeBT Thank you!

@TeamBIC @SportyGirly125 @WinglessOne @RGbrown @danielledanielle - I agree that something should be done.  Just note that she may have a mental health issue.  As someone with a mental health issue, I feel I must say this.  Not so you'll be kinder or more sympathetic, but so you'll be aware that there are reasons other than "malicious" and "on purpose."

@Titian06  Good point. I have an anxiety disorder, so I understand how mental health issues can drive people to this type of behavior. I thinks several of us did assume this person has a mental health illness.

That doesn’t make what this person did any less terrible. It may be a driving reason for the harm they’ve caused, but it’s not an excuse. It’s also possible to have a mental health issue and be intentionally malicious. I just hope this person gets the help they need to manage their health, if they do in fact have a mental illness. 

@WinglessOne @Titian06 All I could think in my head is that is a lot of work.  I would not want to waste my time cropping pics and making fake reviews.

@maquillageAnn this is the thread where you can report the issues. We are trying to help you. 

@SportyGirly125  I reported one of CatheRH's posts yesterday (the one where they took full credit for a stolen eye look and posted photos of the shades they claimed to have used). But I didn't pick through their product reviews, and now I wish there was a way to report problematic product reviews because this is ridiculous. This person even posted a Retro palette review before it was possible to have received it—and they used a stolen photo of a look created with a different palette. 

When someone steals another person's work and blatantly lies about it, I stop trusting anything they say. So, I don't believe any of the other photos CatheRH has posted (that are still live in BIC threads and the gallery) are really theirs. In fact, I don't believe ANYthing this person's ever posted on BIC or product pages. If they're willing to use a stolen photo of someone else's product demo, how can anyone trust what they wrote about the product? I mean, have they even used the product? 

Were I a BIC mod, I'd ban this person. I'd also remove all their product reviews as fraudulent. 

Also: if there is a way to report product reviews, I can't find it and would love someone for showing it to me. 😄 

18 Replies
testing