Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Beauty Insider Community Feedback

Hello beautiful Beauty Insider Community members! 

We’re starting this thread for you guys to report any issues and weird things that you are seeing or ask any questions. We have a number of issues logged that we are already working on a fix for, so this is a work in process.

Some things to note as you are reporting issues:

• If you are looking for a thread and can’t find it, please post here. We’ll need to manually move some threads that got lost in the migration to their correct groups.
  • If you are reporting a bug please be specific about the issue you're seeing, how you got there (“I clicked here and it did *this*”), the device you're using and which browser you're in. 

Some tips:

• If you are looking for a thread that you commented on in the old community, go to the front page of conversations and click the “My Posts” tab. This is where you will find all of your conversations activity, including your heart count.

It’s good to see you all and thanks for being patient!

Whenever reporting a bug we need as much info as possible or our tech team cannot reproduce the issue and verify it's actually occurring. If they can't see the issue they cannot fix it. You cannot overshare details, test on too many devices or share too many screenshots... The more detail the better!

Re: Beauty Insider Community Feedback

Ok I'm not sure if this is a problem or I'm crazy or both. I know I mentioned this before but wondering if it's a bug or a setting issue.

In a thread.

Mrs X will post a new comment

Mrs Z will reply to that comment

Mrs X will reply to the comment Mrs Z made.

And after that no more replies can be added?? The conversation flow can't continue because Mrs Z can't reply to the last comment made by Mrs X.

It makes it very hard to follow conversations.  Is this a bug or a setting issue.

Thank you for everything!

@KatieBT@candacebt

Can we please fix the display order of the thread?  It drives me nuts.  It should be "newest to oldest" but we want the sorting order liked the old platform ie newest post within the thread is first and then all the replies to that particular post follow. Right now it really is "newest to oldest".  I have hard time to figure out who reply to whom. 😞

I can't get into this new structure at all. I can't find anything and the order thing has me off.

Logging off for a while 😞

Some things I noticed over the last couple days:

- While being able to upload multiple photos is great, it's a pain to try to write in between photos. When I try to click in between photos, I can't, so I have to use the arrow key to keep going until the little keyboard dash is AFTER the photo, hit enter a few times, then I can write. Otherwise the textbox bounces me to the very top or very bottom, and I can't see where the cursor is. This is on Internet Explorer and Google Chrome.

- The mobile text box definitely needs improvement. There's no way to scroll, so my work around is cutting/pasting until all the text I want is there.

- A combo of the above 2 : trying to upload photos, write below photos on mobile is a total nightmare. (iOS)

Okay, so for the most part I haven't had any noticeable problems until now. I keep trying to post in the K-Beauty thread and it will say my comment was posted but then.... it's not there! When I did get it to post, I went to edit it and it disappeared again 😐 I can post in other places though. Idk if it's a text limit maybe? It was longer than my usual posts lol.

Device: MacBook Pro running macOS 10.12.5

Browser: Opera - latest version

Hey there @KatieBT; I found another #bug within the mobile instance using Chrome. When you go to the Gallery to post a pic, everything loads, but when you go to post it, two things happen: 

1. the accept terms button initially is grayed out. When you hit refresh it comes back- or when you hit submit it will error out and tell you to select it and then it's available. 

2. When you finally do get to select it, and hit submit, you time out after about 3 minutes waiting for it to post. 

The new layout feels a little claustrophobic to use. It is possible to increase the width of the newsfeed? I don't like it when the posts are aligned "narrowly" in the middle. 

this has probably been asked already, but is there a way to fix the way replies to posts show up? instead of being attached to whatever post you reply too, they show up as the newest content, and i find it really confusing!

I apologize if this has already been addressed--how can I delete images from my "Looks"? 😄

Spam floating around all over the board, but instead of that getting deleted, my thread disappears instead...

Patience...have patience...trying to have patience...losing patience...

I can't post stuff! Anyone can see my response to @Magycmyste  in Natural Skincare Thread? I tried to post as a response to her post, and then as a new post. Nada. In both cases. Or, at least I can't see it. I also don't have it in "my posts". Is this a know issue? What is going on?

Edit: I'll try again. I hope all those attempts won't suddenly decide to show up and clog the thread. 😄 ( Nope. Still nada. I give up. )

@lyravega I got the e-mail notification that you mentioned me, at least. This is what I get when I click the link: Screenshot 2017-07-14 00.49.29.png

I feel like my eyes are dying. Too much bright white! I need to get some BluBlockers to view this new community.

@vegchililover78 I know right, I've been using the Night Shift function on my iPhone to browse forums lol

I have to dim down the brightness on my pc.  It hurts and i'm getting a headache.

Sorry if I missed this, are profiles disabled or am I broken? I have not been able to drill into my profile at all. I either get a blank white screen, sent to the homepage, or receive an error message of "This page is not currently available. Please try again later." with a link to the homepage. 

@KatieBT  Still can't access my profile, I can see everyone else's though.

Another thread I can't find is 

Sephora collection brand thread ( ok I forget what was the exact name but it was something about discussion and  Sephora collection new releases)

@fatimamummy  I used google and found the name. It's called:

Sephora collection New Releases and Discussion thread

Wonderful! Thank you @veronika23

1. Some threads I am allowed to give hearts and reply, but others I am not allowed to 😞

2. Not sure if anyone has said anything about this, but when trying to load more conversations or threads, I have to scroll all the way up to see the new threads.

1 Reply
testing