Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Beauty Insider Community Feedback

Hello beautiful Beauty Insider Community members! 

We’re starting this thread for you guys to report any issues and weird things that you are seeing or ask any questions. We have a number of issues logged that we are already working on a fix for, so this is a work in process.

Some things to note as you are reporting issues:

• If you are looking for a thread and can’t find it, please post here. We’ll need to manually move some threads that got lost in the migration to their correct groups.
  • If you are reporting a bug please be specific about the issue you're seeing, how you got there (“I clicked here and it did *this*”), the device you're using and which browser you're in. 

Some tips:

• If you are looking for a thread that you commented on in the old community, go to the front page of conversations and click the “My Posts” tab. This is where you will find all of your conversations activity, including your heart count.

It’s good to see you all and thanks for being patient!

Whenever reporting a bug we need as much info as possible or our tech team cannot reproduce the issue and verify it's actually occurring. If they can't see the issue they cannot fix it. You cannot overshare details, test on too many devices or share too many screenshots... The more detail the better!

Re: Beauty Insider Community Feedback

Another question...

How do I get a notification if someone replies to one of my comments, but doesn't use the @RGbrown tag to get my attention? There's an option to get notifications when someone uses the @ tag, but no option to get notifications when someone replies to my post...I'm only finding replies if I go back to the thread or look through the "My Posts" list. Replies and @ tags should be treated equally, IMHO, or at least there should be options to control notifications for both of them.

HELP! I have been getting flooded by e-mails from Beauty Insider Community Mailer all day today. I've received over 3,100(!) e-mail notifications so far today. I went and unsubscribed from all BT notifications, but the e-mails are still coming in at a rate of about 10/minute. I called the VIB line, and they said there was no way they could unsubscribe me from Sephora BT e-mails without unsubscribing me from all e-mails, but I want to receive the regular Sephora e-mails.

All of the e-mails are of this form:

> Hi panicked,

> username (ROOKIE I) merged a reply in VIB on 06-27-2016 06:02 :

It looks like I'm getting a notification for every post in each thread that's been merged. How do I stop this?

@panicked Wow 3,100 emails.. 😞 There might just be a delay in processing the changes in your settings. I changed my settings ASAP to turn of notifications other than when people @ me and it instantly worked. 

Maybe use an alternate email on your account until this issue subsides? 

Thank you! My account settings show that I'm unsubscribed. I'm guessing that there might be a mail server backlog or a delay in processing the unsubscribe request, as you mentioned. I was able to create an e-mail filter to automatically send the e-mails to my Deleted folder. My number of deleted messages keeps ticking up (it's now at 3,460 messages), but it isn't interfering with my ability to read/send/receive mail anymore. I think I will wait it out for a little while longer and hopefully it will resolve shortly.

Here are my settings to compare:

Spoiler

IMG_1208.PNG

IMG_1209.PNG

Time stamps...2 questions/issues:

As a preface, I use the "absolute" setting instead of the "relative" setting.

1. Can you please either make times display as military time, or add AM/PM indicators? The current display is based on 12 hours, but doesn't state AM/PM. 

2. When I click on "My Posts" from the conversations page, all of my posts display with Pacific Time even though my account is set to Central. When I click through to a particular post, the time reverts back to Central as it should, but the My Posts list needs to be fixed. (EDIT: just noticed times are all wrong on the main Conversations page too...they all show the latest post with Pacific time instead of Central time)

Idk about computers because I never use mine. (Drives hubs batty since he bought it) but yeah, I really like the new layout. I don't get what the groups are for and could do without the 8 billion notifications (I think/hope I got that sorted😂) but yeah. Easier to use the forum on my phone which is how I'm usually rolling. Sooooo thank you? I think? ☺️🤗

Ok, I'm really sad because I can't join my tribe! The site won't let me join the Besides Beauty and Haul Stars groups 😞 Is there a cap on groups you can join or who can join a certain group? I'm sure I joined those last night but it seems I've been booted off 😞

mermaids GIF

I'm sure it's a glitch and it will hopefully get fixed soon!

Mcakes wrote:

Ok, I'm really sad because I can't join my tribe! The site won't let me join the Besides Beauty and Haul Stars groups 😞 Is there a cap on groups you can join or who can join a certain group? I'm sure I joined those last night but it seems I've been booted off 😞

mermaids GIF

I'm on Firefox (desktop,) when I click on a user's name it brings me to the Sephora.com and half the page is blank.

I'm having the same problem, and my browser is Chrome.

I'm having that problem on both my laptop and my Android phone.

Hi @KatieBT, I can't find the Daily Skincare thread. @greenchilli is the author. Did it make it? What about Natural Skincare? Thanks! 

@mrsbaine@KatieBT@candacebt

My Daily skincare thread hasn't made it.

There are 47 groups by my count.  That is too many and dilutes the advantage of groups.  Now skincare stuff is scattered everywhere.  I find myself joining more and more groups because they are similar and could have threads I might be interested in.  I might end up joining every group and that defeats the purpose.

Oily, combo, natural, acne.....they should all be under Skincare.  Otherwise it dilutes the audience.  Oily skin may be acneaic, and interested in natural skincare.

Every time I try to click over to the next page of "Most Recent" posts, I get an error message that the page cannot be found. No matter if it's page 2, 3, etc. I also can't seem to give hearts anymore. Nothing happens when I click on any of them. Any plans to introduce a feature to let us make multiple lists? That was the speculation in the teaser thread posted a few weeks ago, and that's what I was really hoping for 😞

Hi @iris67! You should be able to give hearts. What device and browser are you on? 

Multiple loves lists would be AMAZING! This is more difficult to implement than it sounds but it's been on our loves list for a while 😉 

@KatieBT I am using Chrome and Safari on a Macbook. No change today, can't leave any hearts or access pages after the first "community.sephora" page on either browser 😕 I've also noticed replying to comments now takes you to a separate page. Can you guys bring back the same-page replies? It's quite annoying and inconvenient to have to flip back and forth.

I am going to need a glass of wine to figure some things out.

Honestly, I feel like "Conversations" is really "Off-Topic" not unless you  join certain groups. Then those threads show up in conversations.  I guess this was done so people could filter out the threads that they don't want to see?

Hello There!

So I know that that posts are still being migrated, but I was trying to find the Huda Beauty Thread but I can't find. I'll wait a few days to see if it migrates over instead of creating a new one because I know its not a super active thread, but I'm hoping that will change 🙂

Hi @Amreeners! A lot of our threads are taking some time to move over, it may take a few days for everything to migrate over 🙂 

Went to write a review on a recent purchase and must be dense....can't figure out where to do so? 

testing