Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Savvy Shoppers
|

Foil Challenge

I know we all talked about this but I need it in writing to hold myself more accountable! I have picked out around 28 foils that I am hoping to get through by the end of Feb. that’s 1 foil a day unless I decide to stack more than one! Here’s what I’ve picked randomly! 

A8FEBC46-CBFD-4836-973E-28A0E7C7B12B.jpeg

Re: Foil Challenge

March 2024 foils

It was a slow month for foils, with just one miss. Will try to do better next month @ather🤞

Month-to-Date: 8

Year-to-Date: 34

itsfi_0-1711377531997.png

The Details:

Spoiler

😘  Dr. Jart+ Ceramidin™ Skin Barrier Moisturizing Cream 1.7 oz / 50 mL is one of my skin’s winter warriors. It moisturizes and protects without being heavy or thick. 

👍🏼  ILIA C Beyond Triple Serum SPF 40 Mineral Sunscreen with Vitamin C 10% + Niacinamide Translucent Ton... is more skincare than makeup and is best suited for those with good skin that leans on the dry to very dry side. My skin is normal to dry at the moment, with more redness than usual (allergies). For me, I’d definitely need a concealer with this; it is nice for helping to keep my skin lightly moisturized, though I found it to be too shiny on me, both at initial application and as the day wears on. 

🐐 SEPHORA COLLECTION Clean Eye Mask Caffeine - it’s going to be a sad day if these are being discontinued. Please don't be phased out; please don't be phased out. 

🫤  The adherence and size of the openings for both the mouth and eyes on the Lala Recipe Glow Face Moisture Mask were really off for me. It ended up being fussy to deal with as the mask kept sliding down my face, which suprised me - that's a first for me and after several minutes of trying to keep both halves of this 2-piece hydrogel mask on, I ended up just calling it a day and removing the mask altogether. 

♥️ The L’Occitane Instant Illuminating Sheet Mask, on the other hand, was one I wouldn’t minded wearing longer or having more on hand to use more frequently. It has a milky, emulsion-like serum that is feels cooling, soothing and hydrating on the skin. Half an hour with it gave me soft, supple, hydrated skin with a healthy dewy glow.

Emoji Legends:

Spoiler

🐐 = GOAT = Greatest Of All Time (have gone through at least two of the particular product and other comparable items

😘 = Chef’s Kiss = Outstanding 

💖 = Love 

👍🏼 = Like 

🫤 = Okay; “It’s fine.”; “meh

🔬 = Undecided = “Still looking into it

🙊 = Not for me / my skin type

🙅🏻‍♀️ =  = “No, non, nein, nyet, …” 

@itsfi  Great job!! Some is better than none! 

@ather, thank you. Every little bit helps to whittle down the stash of foils. 

@itsfi great job this month

@itsfi that is all you can do.  

@CorgiMommy, thank you. Just chipping away.

Went to visit a friend for a long weekend recently, this is a great time to use up some foils.  I brought 2 almost empty fragrances to use up to.  Used up 7 foils in total plus the two fragrances.  Prada Prada Candy Night 1.7oz/50mL & Jo Malone London English Pear & Freesia Cologne 

MARA Algae + Moringa® Universal Hydrating Face Oil 1.18 oz / 35 mL was quickly absorbed into my skin and left it glowing and soft

Loved the Lemonaid cleansing gel, removed all my makeup with no transfer to the towel.

Others were repeats 

1000007149.jpg

@CorgiMommy  Great job! I find I use so many foils when I travel! 

@CorgiMommy, sounds like you had some great foils to use on your trip. How does the Prada smell? Would you pick up a full size of either of the fragrances?

@itsfi I love the Jo Malone London English Pear & Freesia Cologne .  I purchased it because of the sample, very feminine and classy scent.

The Prada CANDY Eau de Parfum is nice for every day use.  It is great for a younger person 

@itsfi I love the Jo Malone London English Pear & Freesia Cologne .  I purchased it because of the sample, very feminine and classy scent.

The Prada CANDY Eau de Parfum is nice for every day use.  It is great for a younger person 

February Foils = 20

20240303_142819.jpg

Spoiler
Kerastase Genesis Shampoo - I used this single with the K18 Biomimetic Hairscience Leave-In Molecular Repair Hair Mask 1.7 oz/ 50 mL . My hair looks and felt clean after. This is my first use so I can't give much feedback.

Dr. Dennis Gross Daily Universal Peel - I can't notice any visible changes. Although, my skin is 'behaving' atm. I received these as GWP's. I have been trying to include Liquid exfoliants into my routine, but something less expensive.

Kora Tumeric Brightening Exfoliating Mask 2 in 1 - Has a refreshing scent, brown in colour. It has some textures and bits that feel exfoliating on the face, but are hard to wash off. I got 2 uses out of this packet. I probably won't repurchase just because of the difficulty I had getting the exfoliating pieces off of my face.

Rare Beauty Find Comfort Hand Cream - Smells like lavendat and Cinnamon. It has a calming and spa like scent. Feels good on the hands. Didn't 'wow' me enough to consider repurchasing.

Paula's Choice  2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant - Had a strong chemical scent. I got 3 uses out of packet. Used once per day and it did not irritate my skin. I am interested in trying full size to see long term results.

Moroccanoil Oil Body Lotion - I found this pilled on my skin when applying after shower.

Dae Signature Shampoo & Conditioner - Smelled amazing like melon and cotton candy. Washed and let hair air dry. Hair looked curly and not frizzy. I would consider purchasing full size once I am done my current products. I have one sample left and I want to see what my hair looks like blow dried when using it.

Moroccanoil Moisture Repair Shampoo and Conditioner - classic Moroccanoil scent that I love. Too many samples to get through before I would consider purchasing.

Amika The Kure Bond Repair Shampoo and Conditioner - The scent was so comforting to me. I got two uses out of this sample. Great Shampoo lather. Didn't notice any instant repair. I did notice hair lasted longer between washes and looked smooth.

K18 Peptide Prep Detox Shampoo - Repurchased full size. Leaves my scalp feeling very clean but not dry. Have been using detox shampoo on the days I oil my scalp (about oncer per week).

@Mellmars1185  Great job!! 

@ather Thank you 🙏🥰

Ahhhh, look at all these skincare, body care, and hair care foils! 😍 Excellent work @Mellmars1185! Your description of the scent on the Rare Beauty hand cream sounds nice. Was the formula not thick enough for your liking? Or are there just other products out there you like more?

@itsfi Thank you! The Rare Formula scent ans Formula were lovely. I guess there are other hand creams in my collection I need to get through and it takes me a long time. Long enough to not have it on my radar any time soon 🤭

@Mellmars1185 now that's a lot of foils in one month

@Mellmars1185 those are the ones I need, I have so many face cleanser but too few haircare ones 

I hear you, @CorgiMommy . I was in the same boat. Anytime I saw a hair sample I chose it. They are great for travel. The thing is, I have no where to go right now 😊

@CorgiMommy Thanks! I have been trying to get through some hair care samples. 

576 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos111
  • A8FEBC46-CBFD-4836-973E-28A0E7C7B12B.jpeg
  • MTXX_MH20230129183142501.jpg
  • February Foils.jpeg
  • February Foils 2.jpeg
  • 329617520_1881335318909767_5594684371409544586_n.jpg
  • 20230211_161143.jpg
  • CBD74025-7F2E-45F1-A34E-23EC3ACD70A2.jpeg
  • February Foils Challenge - update.jpg
  • 20230228_170158.jpg