Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Savvy Shoppers
|

Foil Challenge

I know we all talked about this but I need it in writing to hold myself more accountable! I have picked out around 28 foils that I am hoping to get through by the end of Feb. that’s 1 foil a day unless I decide to stack more than one! Here’s what I’ve picked randomly! 

A8FEBC46-CBFD-4836-973E-28A0E7C7B12B.jpeg

Re: Foil Challenge

@ather Oh no!  I'm sorry you had a nasty reaction to a few... I guess silver lining is that you now know you don't want any of those as full size!  I'm going to go use an exfoliating foil now and will have to count where I'm at. 

@missjeanie  That is exciting!! I am going to use another DDG peel set and see if it helps me. I have so many breakouts! 

Ooooh, look at those skincare foils! 👀 @ather, ruh-roh! I’m so sorry your skin had a reaction to some of the samples. Do you think it was the sample(s) themselves or a combination of samples? Or your skin not being accustomed to different products all around the same time? I hope your skin is healing and gets back to normal quickly. 

@itsfi  The breakouts could be a multiple of things. I’ve been eating horrible this past week and it could be from that maybe the foils. The reaction was just super watery eyes so nothing horrible but still saying don’t use this anymore lol 😂 

Oh, watery eyes are not comfortable at all @ather. So sorry. Steering clear is an excellent idea. 👍🏼 Maybe the product can be repurposed on another part of the body. Or, just tossed. 🗑️ 

@itsfi  I used the whole foil on the belief so if I have more I’ll use it as a neck cream! I had a foil of Summer Fridays Mini Cloud Dew Oil-Free Gel Cream 0.5 oz/ 15 mL  which is one I use so I’ve been using it and no issue! 

@ather Great progress! In a way it is good to discover what products don't work in sample size vs full size. Sorry to hear you are having a reaction. I am also experiencing something similar. I have been using a new foil cleanser. My skin feels really smooth after using. I noticed I am breaking out between my eyes. I have never had a break out there before so. Keep up the great work.

@Mellmars1185  Oh no! Very odd spot!! Hope it gets better! 

@ather uh-oh, do you know which ones caused you problems?

@CookieGirl1  The belief for sure which is strange I used it years ago and was fine. The others are hard to say. I use the DDG often so not that one. 

@ather oh how weird!  Well, sorry that you had a couple of duds 😝

Here is my foil pile for the remainder of February. Total of 15. I don't think I can use a full foil each day. I definitely think this pile is realistic for me to reach though ☺️

20230211_161143.jpg

This is a great assortment, @Mellmars1185. And you are so right - it is quite a challenge to get through a foil in one day! I find some of them last a few days. Some I de-pot right away into a clean DS jar there is so much product. Good luck!

@eshoe  I do the same!! But I had a couple that barley gave me enough for one time!! My favourite foils are eye products since I use a tiny bit it lasts me forever!! 

@eshoe Thank you 💗 What is a DS jar? 

Sorry, @Mellmars1185 - deluxe size!

Nice selection of foils 🍀Good luck using them up! @Mellmars1185 you can do it! 🥳

@CynthieLu Thank you for the encouragement! 

@Mellmars1185 You used a nice assortment!  15 is a really good number; enough to get through a lot in a year but not so many that you constantly feel pressured by trying to use them.

@CookieGirl1 Thanks! There are a few new items I have not tried. I don't have sensitive skin but i tried not to add too many just incase I have a reaction it would he helpful to narrow it down.

@Mellmars1185, that's great that you picked out foils that meet different skincare needs. It'll be nice to see which ones end up being ones you like.

15 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos113
  • A8FEBC46-CBFD-4836-973E-28A0E7C7B12B.jpeg
  • MTXX_MH20230129183142501.jpg
  • February Foils.jpeg
  • February Foils 2.jpeg
  • 329617520_1881335318909767_5594684371409544586_n.jpg
  • 20230211_161143.jpg
  • CBD74025-7F2E-45F1-A34E-23EC3ACD70A2.jpeg
  • February Foils Challenge - update.jpg
  • 20230228_170158.jpg