Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Savvy Shoppers
|

Foil Challenge

I know we all talked about this but I need it in writing to hold myself more accountable! I have picked out around 28 foils that I am hoping to get through by the end of Feb. that’s 1 foil a day unless I decide to stack more than one! Here’s what I’ve picked randomly! 

A8FEBC46-CBFD-4836-973E-28A0E7C7B12B.jpeg

Re: Foil Challenge

@missjeanie Hehe, it was a month like no other for me. I liked both large sheet faces masks. The Eve Lom Cleanser made my skin feel really smooth. I liked the end result of the Dr.Barbara Sturm enzyme cleanser. I used it too frequently, though, so I got some irritation.

Nice work on your February foils @Mellmars1185! Is that the Augustinus Bader Soothing Cream near the top left corner? If so, how was it?

@itsfi Thank you. Yes, that is Augustinus Bader Soothing Cream. I remember that I liked it and that it felt luxurious and made my skin feel really good. I wish I had more feedback. I went through so many. I should take note. I remember talking about a skin journal before. That way I coule remember which samples I like and don't.

🩵🩶Febuary Foils🩶🩵

Sorry to have used my Pan It Challenge photo, I grouped everything togeather instead of separating it into different shots. ( me = lazy 😅) I will be better next time 🙏

I'm so happy to be using my pile of foils, and not having them looming in the back of my mind 🙃 

This challenge is so great!

MTXX_MH20230228_175744531.jpg

@CynthieLu Agreed, isn't this a fun challenge!!!  Did you find a new fav in the bunch?

I liked alot of it @missjeanie 😅

There were some great hydrators in there. I don't know if any knocked my regulars out of the running, but there were some serious contenders.

Dr.Jart is soo fabulous. And I'm not surprised say Pink Cloud and Olehenriksen were so nice to use 😍

I'm happy and very lucky to say everything pictured was dud free 😋 

Nice work on your foils @CynthieLu! 👍🏼 Your pic looks fine as is - you can see all your foils! No need to separate them unless you want to. I spy a lot of KBeauty products - love!! 😍

@itsfi yasss I loove k-beauty 💕 like Dr Jart 🤩 Alot of them just work sooo nicely on my skin.

The hard part is reading them lol and the instructions, but they are usually good about using pictures for instructions too 😋 

@CynthieLu So many foils! Great progress for February! I see lots of face masks. I want to sheet mask more often.

Sheet mask and relax is a total motto lol @Mellmars1185 it's sooo soothing 💗

@CynthieLu Great motto. It is like one of those "Stay Calm and _______" quotes! 

Final tally for my February foils - 32 foils, 24 sheet masks, 1 peel off mask, 1 neck mask and 1 foot mask. Of the 32 foils, 22 were of products that I've used before. Of the 10 new-to-me foils, 4 were hair care items and the remaining 6 were skincare treats.

Feb Foils 1.jpg

I'd happily use any of these hair care products again, with the most liked being the Verb shampoo & conditioner and the Kerastase overnight treatment.

Feb Foils 2.jpg

I have full sizes of the Chanel and Charlotte Tilbury base products and the Guerlain L'Or primer is always a lovely one to use.

Feb Foils 3.jpg

Loved products from this group of skincare beauties include the Sulwhasoo, Algenist and Skinceuticals goodies.

And, now for the sheet masks - I wasn't able to do a mask-a-day but it's all good as my skin got what it needed - hydration, added moisture and a few days off from sheet mask to allow any irritation it was experiencing from the weather or allergies to heal.

Feb Foils 4a.jpg

The Mediheal D.N.A. Protein Mask is a forever favorite - loved having a pack of 10 of the cream-essence-filled-mask on hand.

Feb Foils 4b.jpg

All four are repurchase-worthy.

Feb Foils 4c.jpg

The foot mask is the standout from this bunch, both for the soft and moisturized skin that resulted from using it as well as the much needed unwinding time it provided. 

February was a good month for foils for me and my foils stash is in a better place now that it's been whittled down even more @ather. March will not include a foil-a-day target but I do have some foils I have set aside to use up and will post those here later this week. 

Your photos are so organized, mine were just a pile lol ‌😆‌ 

Great shots of them @itsfi 

You did so good this month!

Thank you @CynthieLu. 😃 I lay out my foils so I can see if there are patterns in what I chose, what I liked most, etc. Even though I picked out each foil for February, it’s just out of habit now that I group them together and line them up. 😂 That’s just me. I’ve tried piles but then there will inevitably be a time when I want to look up a specific item I used and I can’t easily find it. The pics help me with recalling things too. 

@itsfi Excellent foil usage. I have not used a foot mask yet. I have a couple at home I would like to use. I am curious if you wear socks? How does the process work? 🤔

Great to know about the Kerastase mask. I have the same one, waiting to be used. 

I am looking forward to seeing what you set aside for March  

Thank you @Mellmars1185! 😃 It was good to see how many foils I actually had, more than I thought. I can now reset and keep it more manageable. 👍🏼 

I wear socks with my foot masks, since I tend to walk around while I have the masks on - they can get slippery if you have hardwood floors (or non carpeted surfaces). 

Do you have regular foot masks or the exfoliating ones? Both work the same way in terms of the actual wear time. They look like supersized plastic socks 🧦 but with some liquid or cream inside - usually infused into the liner of the mask/sock. Some will have liquid or cream that you can see when you open it. I put my feet in and massage the liquid / cream around to make sure my whole foot is covered. 

On most foot masks (and hand masks) there’s a sticker tab - some have a L or R on them to designate which goes with which foot or hand. I then seal up the mask, making sure it’s snug but not too tight. Then it’s about waiting for the recommended wear time to pass. Most of the time, I’m doing something around the house - dishes, folding laundry, meal prep. Occasionally, I’ve been trying to just “pause” and relax, either with a book or spending time journaling. Or watching TV. 

Same process with an exfoliating foot mask but here, you’ll just want to be careful with the time you have it on, and you’ll wash off the product with an exfoliating foot mask. A few days to a week later, you’ll start to see your skin peeling, like when you have a sunburn but it doesn’t hurt. You may see skin flakes, small or large pieces, shed on the floor too. It may take you a minute to figure out what the heck is going on and then you’ll remember you did an exfoliating foot mask and it’s all part of that process. Your feet will feel baby soft and smooth. 

@itsfi @Mellmars1185   If I want to do things around the house with a foot mask on I seamit up and then put socks with grippy bottoms on over the plastic so I can move around safely. But mostly I give in and lay down cause the sensation of squishing between my toes is shudder inducing. 
alos peeling masks are the best but you really have to make sure you have a week and a half before any anticipated foot revealing.  It’s a gross process!  😆

@itsfi Thanks for the super helpful info. I like your idea to relax while masking. It is nice to be productive...but it is also rewarding to pause and enjoy self care and just relax. I think I may use my foot mask on the weekend and read (mask gifted by my Galentine @heartsmyface . It is the only sock mask I have and it is a peppermint and tangerine one 🍊. I beleive it is a regular mask. The exfoliating mask sounds really cool. I haven't been for a pedicure in years so I should probably look into getting one. The other foot mask O have comes in a tube by Whish which is also a regular mask.

@Mellmars1185  The one I gave you is a foot soothing mask for achy feet!  They smell like a spa! 

@heartsmyface Oo that sounds lovely. I really like that spa scent. It is so relaxing. I have to do some painting today and then I am relaxing...I want to try it out!

@Mellmars1185, masking can be highly conducive to both multi-tasking and being productive, on the one hand, or having a self-care moment. I go back-and-forth on which approach to take and it usually turns on what kind of day it has been, or how much more things on my 'to do' list I really need to address. But the self-care side of it is oh so nice! I hope you are able to get in your foot mask this weekend. @heartsmyface has excellent taste in masks so I've no doubt it will be a good one. A foot mask and a good back sounds like a wonderful way to spend some down time. 

9 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos113
  • A8FEBC46-CBFD-4836-973E-28A0E7C7B12B.jpeg
  • MTXX_MH20230129183142501.jpg
  • February Foils.jpeg
  • February Foils 2.jpeg
  • 329617520_1881335318909767_5594684371409544586_n.jpg
  • 20230211_161143.jpg
  • CBD74025-7F2E-45F1-A34E-23EC3ACD70A2.jpeg
  • February Foils Challenge - update.jpg
  • 20230228_170158.jpg