Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Savvy Shoppers
|

Foil Challenge

I know we all talked about this but I need it in writing to hold myself more accountable! I have picked out around 28 foils that I am hoping to get through by the end of Feb. that’s 1 foil a day unless I decide to stack more than one! Here’s what I’ve picked randomly! 

A8FEBC46-CBFD-4836-973E-28A0E7C7B12B.jpeg

Re: Foil Challenge

Well I did better than expected I ended with 29 foils! Most of the ones I had picked were a form of acid which my skin hasn’t been tolerating. So I ended up using products that would not irritate my skin. Along the way I did end up with some rashes and irritated skin. I can’t say I found any new favs in the bunch but I used a few old favs and current favs! Which made it a bit easier to get to my goal! I am going to set aside another 28 to use in March. 

81405A3B-4B01-44DC-A70D-9883C95F63F6.jpeg

@ather Excellent progress! I can't wait to hear about your March foils.

I ended up going through more foils in Feb also to balance out the acids. I also had some irritation. 

Once I go through all of my empties for February I will have a better idea of how many I went through. 

I hope your skin feels better!

@Mellmars1185  Good job!!! My skin is feeling better today!! Can’t wait to see how you do in March! 

Wow! You go @ather! That's an awesome number of foils for February and very cool that you're going to aim for the same in March. It's always interesting to see what types of products make up a good portion of your foils stash. I used to have a lot of acids in mine too but now, I only have a few. Ooh, old and current faves? Curious to know which ones fit into those categories? 😍 I love hearing about people's favorite products. 

@itsfi  Right now I have a lot of acids left or peel type of products. If I choose a foil I only try and choose ones I can use. So mostly hair care. So I have a bunch of hair foils too. My last few orders either were missing foils or I forgot so that’s helping me keep mine down too!! 

My current favs are the Summer Fridays Mini Jet Lag Mask + Moisturizer 1 oz/ 29 mL  Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare Alpha Beta® Universal Daily Peel Pads Summer Fridays CC Me Vitamin C + Niacinamide Serum 1.0 oz/ 30 mL Summer Fridays Cloud Dew Gel Cream Moisturizer 1.70 oz/ 50 mL 

My old favs are OUAI Treatment Mask for Fine and Medium Hair 8 oz/ 236 mL OUAI Fine Hair Shampoo Peter Thomas Roth Cucumber Gel Mask 5 oz/ 150 mL fresh Sugar Advanced Therapy Treatment Lip Balm Translucent 

I am sure I am missing a few too!! 

@ather, oooh, thanks for jogging my memory. 😀 I have foils of the SF CC serum. Will set it aside for another month. 

@itsfi  I like SEPHORA COLLECTION Ultra Glow Serum: Glow + Strengthen Vitamin C Serum  and Summer Fridays CC Me Vitamin C + Niacinamide Serum 1.0 oz/ 30 mL  equally. I just finished my bottle of SC and now I’m using the SF. I haven’t used the SF for 2 bottles of the SC so I think it was time to change it up again! 

I am happy to report that as of bedtime today, I will have completed all of my 19 February foils plus a few more. For March, I have selected 26. I am running out of cleansers, so I am wondering if this Kora sample counts as a foil? I have 26 to get through for March. Here are my selections!

20230228_170158.jpg

20230228_171043.jpg

Nice work for February @Mellmars1185😀 This is an impressive group of foils for March! I'll be particularly interested in knowing your thoughts on the Dae shampoo and conditioner and the Shu Uemura hair mask / treatment. 

@itsfi Thanks! I am excited to try the colour treatment. I went on a break for colouring my hair for about 2 years and kept trimming the ends to get rid of any bleach. In the fall last year, I added some highlights without bleach, and the colour has lasted. I wonder if this will give them extra shine ? I will let you know what the results are! 

@Mellmars1185  Wow great job!!!! The Kora definitely counts!!! I see so many great products in the one s you picked!! Are they all new to you or some are loves?

@ather Thank you! Most of them are new. I have not tried the colour treatment in the hair section. In the skincare section, i have tried Exfolikate, Wishful Cream, kiehls retinol and bump eraser. The rest is new! I am excited to try them out 😊

Wow you're hitting your goals with this challenge! @Mellmars1185 🥳 Right on!‌👊

I know I started late this month so I got a quick start the last week and saw the mid month check ins and thought I should do the same to see where I was fairing for finishing the month.

I had 27 items set aside and I've finished off 12.  I have another 5 in progress at the moment and 10 more that I have yet to get going on.  Like @itsfi I had a couple in there that i knew I could work in easily and I have a few that are going to be more of a challenge for sure. So far I'm happy with my progress and with the challenge poking me to do some more sheet masking!

@missjeanie  Great job!!! I’m setting aside 28 for march too so if you want to roll into another month!! This has been a great way to use up foils for me!

@ather I was away for work last week and I fell short of finishing all my foils by one!  I'm going to snap some photos tomorrow, but I'm very down for another month!  I liked having worked in some sheet masks to keep me up on that as well.  And naturally I might have a few more foils around lol

@missjeanie   Yay I’m so excited that you are interested in another foil challenge!! Yay! I will pick out my foils tonight but I may not get to taking a picture till Monday! Can’t wait to see your picks! 

Oh I'm excited to see what you pick as well @ather !  I picked some out last night/this morning.  Will post tonight or tomorrow!

Way to go @missjeanie 🥳 That's progress!

@missjeanie Great progress and check-in. Thanks for the reminder - I need to check in to keep myself accountable. I also should be masking more. I used to make time for it. Lately, I have been busy, but I want to try to do it at least twice per week. Keep up the great self care!

5 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos113
  • A8FEBC46-CBFD-4836-973E-28A0E7C7B12B.jpeg
  • MTXX_MH20230129183142501.jpg
  • February Foils.jpeg
  • February Foils 2.jpeg
  • 329617520_1881335318909767_5594684371409544586_n.jpg
  • 20230211_161143.jpg
  • CBD74025-7F2E-45F1-A34E-23EC3ACD70A2.jpeg
  • February Foils Challenge - update.jpg