Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Love At First Sample!!! ๐Ÿฅฐ

I know youโ€™ve tried a sample (or ten) of something and it was so magical it made you stop everything and buy a product cause it was love at first sample!  What was it and did the full sized version live up to your initial heart-melted impression? Or is it still on your shopping list to pick up at your earliest convenience?  

The first time I can recall this happening to me was when Sephora still carried Dermadoctor.  I had a sample of their KP Duty Body Scrub.  I used it just to push it through my stash and was absolutely blown away by how immediately soft and exfoliated my skin was!  Instant purchase!   Itโ€™s been six years and I have yet to find any body scrub that compares -and Iโ€™ve tried!

A more recent love-at-first-sample is the Dior Backstage Face and Body Primer!  Itโ€™s a slightly peach tinted,creamy gel consistency and is mega hydrating while blurring subtle imperfections on its own but making foundation apply so smoothly!!!  Plus it has a beautiful floral fragrance which may not be everyoneโ€™s cup of tea but itโ€™s very pleasing to me. ๐Ÿ™‚  

Dior BACKSTAGE Face & Body Primer 1.6 oz/ 50 mL 

DD1045C5-8116-4168-8E3F-956F889C7256.gif

โ€ƒ

3A43182D-7CF8-4635-A0A3-6C4D9C155F6A.jpeg

โ€ƒ

Re: Love At First Sample!!! ๐Ÿฅฐ

I'm so happy I have something to post on this thread ๐Ÿ˜„

I had a sample of BondiBoost Volume & Texture Hair Styling Cream with Aloe Vera + Rosemary 4.05 oz / 120 ml . I don't know how long it's been in my stash but wow it definitely impressed me. My hair felt soft and manageable and it added a little life and oomph to my flat hair.

It even kept that going a few days after wash day. It reminds me alot of JVN Mini Complete Blowout Styling Milk but without needing as much time with the dryer. I'm a little in love and I think this is going to go into my cart for the upcoming sale. 

Most of my samples have been of tried and true products but recently went through a sample vial of the Floral Street Wild Vanilla Orchid Eau de Parfum that lead me to purchase a larger size. @heartsmyface 

Floral Street Vanilla Orchid.jpeg

Spoiler

Sweet, floral, creamy and earthy, though the earthiness in this one is not of a dirt bent, but more of a mix of green and woody notes. This is one of the heavier scents in the Floral Street fragrance collection.

I had a sampler set (an older version of the one currently available) that contained a few of their heavier fragrances, including this one. Most of the scents in that set were just too heavy and off-putting for me. On the other hand, thereโ€™s a lightness to this Wild Vanilla Orchid fragrance that works well with my body chemistry and nose, and I feel that is mainly due to the earthy notes here are more green, almost herbaceous, and less musky. The creaminess of the vanilla also adds a lushness to the scent that were not otherwise present with some of the other woody and woodsy scents in the sampler set I had (which was an older version of the discovery set now available).

Floral Street Wild Vanilla Orchid Eau De Parfum 1.7 oz / 50 mL eau de parfum spray #Floral Street Wild Vanilla Orchid Eau De Parfum Travel Spray 0.33 oz / 10 mL eau de parfum spray 

Farmacy Mini Clearly Clean Makeup Removing Cleansing Balm 1.7 oz/ 50 mL .  Removed my makeup, SPF and left me skin feeling.soft and ready for my nighttime skin routine.  I am a believer!

This is a beautiful cleanser @CorgiMommy

Dr. Jart Ceramidin Cream

dr jart ceramidin.jpg

Dr. Jart+ Ceramidinโ„ข Skin Barrier Moisturizing Cream 1.7 oz / 50 mL has been part of my fall-to-winter skincare routine for as long as I can remember. It was reformulated a few years ago to, among other things, include more ceramides, and the reformulation has been marvelous. The cream has a cushiony feel to it, absorbs quickly and smoothly, moisturizes and makes my skin more supple and bouncy. It says it strengthens the skin's barrier and locks in moisture. That it does. I love this in the fall-to-winter transition and the wintertime when my skin is even more dehydrated and dry from the cooler temperatures, wind and rain, and also with the heat running indoors all day and night. This makes my skin happy and helps to keep it from drying. I've lost count of the number of tubes I've been through @heartsmyface. It's a must have for me this time of the year. ๐Ÿ’›

Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution Hydrating Lipstick in Pillow Talk Medium - warm berry pink.  I was part of the GWP bag GOSLEIGH in the cult favorites.  One try of this lipstick and I purchased the full size.  

I love Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution Hydrating Lipstick Pillow Talk Medium , @CorgiMommy !  Like you, I got a mini in some kit and turned around and bought the full size. ๐Ÿ˜„

@Titian06 Sephora knew what they were doing 

I bought these a few weeks ago in NYC but these I most certainly bought because of the sample size I tired!   I immediately tried buying them here and they werenโ€™t available!  I was sooooo tempted to but them straight from the UK but am glad a resisted a potential duty nightmare.  They were found and purchased on our Sephoria day one substitue adventure.  I am LOVING the pineappley goodness!   Isle of Paradise Confidently Clear Body Cleansing Wash Lactic & Salicylic Acids 11.15 oz / 330 mL (tagged the wrong item cause we legit canโ€™t get the brilliantly bright body cleanser here.  

IMG_1558.jpeg

โ€ƒ

@Safiiiii same for me with the LAWLESS Forget The Filler Lip Plumper Line Smoothing Gloss ! I got a DS size in a SC Favourites set a while ago and immediately fell in love ๐Ÿ˜ฉ

@Safiiiii I LOVE the LAWLESS Forget The Filler Lip Plumper Line Smoothing Gloss formula.  I probably have about 6 or 7 in my backup stash right now ๐Ÿ˜.

@Safiiiii   Thanks for sharing! I love olaplex!  I was sent some Vegamour and havenโ€™t tried it in my bid to use open products up.  My curiosity is peaked. 

I got a trial of LANEIGE Water Sleeping Mask with Squalane 2.3 oz/ 70 mL. I already had a strong feeling I would end up loving it before I even cracked it open. Itโ€™s unbelievably hydrating and sensitive skin friendly. I was really hoping to avoid adding more things to my planned haul later this monthโ€ฆ

IMG_4700.jpeg

Please excuse the messy lid. This was after fishing out every last drop inside. 

@JoSometimes  Laneige has a very good track record for me as well.  Iโ€™m currently loving the kit I got at Sephoria for its hydration!  Ha and I find myself resisting getting more flavours of the lip sleeping mask.  

@heartsmyface I resisted buying the lip sleep mask for the longest time because I bought one from COSRX. That is, until they rereleased the mango oneโ€ฆ

The water and cica sleep masks have turned up at Winners/Marshallโ€™s multiple times and I finally picked one the water one a few months ago. I canโ€™t sleep without it now. 
Thatโ€™s amazing that you got some Laneige products at Sephoria!

L'Orรฉal Professionnel Metal Detox Strengthening Hair Oil 1.7 oz / 50 ml 

This stuff smells so good, but it is a strong fragrance, the sample absolutely got me!!

I tried it on my hair damp and I ended up with healthy soft curls with no frizz in the morning 

IMG_20220709_210746214.jpg

โ€ƒ

@lmaster The definition on your curls is insane!!

Thank you, it's the product @cianni ๐Ÿ’“

338 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos22
  • 3A43182D-7CF8-4635-A0A3-6C4D9C155F6A.jpeg
  • DD1045C5-8116-4168-8E3F-956F889C7256.gif
  • Sample 2 Full Size - Lancoฬ‚me.jpeg
  • Photo from US Lookfantastic site
  • D009A711-0D6A-4BED-9508-2474B3E39253.jpeg
  • Benefit Concealer.jpg
  • Screenshot_20220826-133617_Chrome.jpg