Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Haul Stars
|

Spring Savings Event 2022 Shopping Advice Thread: What’s in Your Basket?

2022-04-01-spring-savings-event-site-desktop-mobile-app-community-thread-image-questions-release.jpg

One of Sephora’s biggest beauty events of the year is just around the corner! What will you be stocking up on during the 2022 Spring Savings Event? This thread is the place to give or get unbiased product recommendations, ask for advice on what newness to try next, share basket-building inspiration, and of course, post your Spring Savings Event hauls! We do love a good unboxing moment here in Community. 😉 Whether you’re hunting for a hot makeup find, a skincare replen, a fresh new fragrance, the latest hair tool, or some self-care and wellness essentials (or all of the above!), we want to hear all about your Spring Savings Event shopping list!

As a reminder, if you’re Rouge like us, you can shop starting Friday, 4/1 with a 20% discount in-store or online with the code SAVESPRING. If you’re VIB, you get 15% off starting Tuesday, 4/5, and if you’re an Insider, you can get 10% off starting Thursday, 4/7. In addition, everyone will get 30% off Sephora Collection for the duration of the event, 4/1 through 4/11 – no additional code required. Find out more about the Spring Savings Event on our FAQ thread here: Spring Savings Event 2022 FAQs 

Hit the reply button and let us know below: What are you adding to your basket during the 2022 Spring Savings Event? Be sure to use the “#” sign to tag any products you mention!

Re: Spring Savings Event 2022 Shopping Advice Thread: What’s in Your Basket?

@itscarin This is wonderful. Thank you for sharing the information. Sure there are things I want but I don’t need. 

@Indy701 Thank you.  I hope I don't come across as a Debbie Downer.  I know some people feel like the message boards are a safe space for them to escape reality, and my god do I understand needing a mental health break from the world! 

That being said, it would be a nice gesture if people who are in a financial position to part with money (and I see you ladies with your shopping carts ready!  LOL) were able to set aside a little something for Ukraine.  Every little bit helps -- even $5 or $10.  There's a range of organizations supporting Ukraine you can donate to depending on what your values are.

I've just been frustrated with Russian occupation in Ukraine since 2014 (hard to believe it's been 8 years already) and now we're seeing a full on invasion and attack.  I could go on and on but I'll spare you!  

My only ask is that everyone who's thinking about the upcoming sale also pause for a moment to think about what they might feel comfortable donating to a Ukranian cause of their choice.  Thank you for your time!

@itscarin  I know there are Ukrainians in the US seeking asylum. I wonder if there are any organizations collecting items such as skincare and shampoo/conditioner for them?  Thanks to Ulta, I have plenty of travel size. Of course there are always local organizations for homeless/resource limited that are happy to have them too. 

@SephoraBIC  Do you think Sephora would consider essentials kits with toothbrush, toothpaste, lotion, dry hairspray, lipstick/balm, etc. that shoppers “purchase” and Sephora distributes to displaced people?  Anyone could put them together but Sephora already does great with kits and will have economies of scale so their money could go much further. 

Excellent point, @Indy701. and the Insider Point rewards- something like that could be utilized. 

the oribe cream!! 

Some items I am adding to my list…

Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare Advanced Retinol + Ferulic Intense Wrinkle Cream 2 oz/ 60 mL 

Sol de Janeiro Rio Deo Aluminum-Free Deodorant 2 oz/ 57 g 

aaaaaaand a foundation methinks. 

I got a sample size of the DDG in a recent order and have loved it at night. The deo I’m just almost out of it, and my foundation bottles are just getting a little old from lack of wearing it the last two years… and now that I’m wearing it again more frequently it probably should be replaced. Just trying to decide. I’m wearing Dior currently and do love it, so I’ll stick with that! But I love both the Glow and Matte versions 😫

@SephoraBIC I hope Sephora gets the newly released Augustinus Bader Ultimate Soothing Cream.  I'll definitely get that if Sephora carries it by then. 

Screenshot_20220303-234233__01.jpg

@curlychiquita @Interesting - I didn’t realize they had released a new item! I tried a sample of their other cream which was super lovely, but so expensive ! 

@Kim888 I hear you! I'm closing in on 50, though, and as I got older, the ingredients in the more expensive creams appear to help more. That said, the DDG cream the @alexasteph posted just above this is also a really great moisturizer.

@curlychiquita I received a sample of this recently. Looking forward to trying it now!

@curlychiquita I’d be interested in trying this as well. I have the AB face oil & the rich cream (both were from beauty advent calendars). Wow, they are both luxurious. I was almost hoping not to like them as much as I do from a cost standpoint. Admittedly, I don’t know much about the TFC8 complex technology that propels the brand, but my skin has felt great. 

@bem564 I love the Rich Cream! That's what I was planning to purchase during the sale until I saw that this is coming out 

Time to restock all my favorite products. I did a quick inventory to see what I actually need this time. 😅

Drunk Elephant T.L.C. Sukari Babyfacial™ AHA + BHA Mask 1.69 oz/ 50 mL 

belif Problem Solution Cleansing Foam 3.38 oz 

belif The True Cream Aqua Bomb 

Tatcha Silken Pore Perfecting Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 35 PA+++ 2 oz/ 59 mL 

First Aid Beauty KP Bump Eraser Body Scrub with 10% AHA 8 oz/ 226 g 

Moroccanoil Extra Volume Shampoo 8.5 oz/ 250 mL 

Moroccanoil Extra Volume Conditioner 8.5 oz/ 250 mL 

Moroccanoil Moroccanoil Treatment Light Hair Oil 3.4 oz/ 100 mL 

SEPHORA COLLECTION Clean Face Mask Matcha 

Hourglass Mini Ambient® Lighting Powder Dim Light 

@lnum @I really like that tatcha spf as well! I wonder how it compares to the new one !

@Kim888 I am worried they might discontinue this one because of the new release. I hope not!

@lnum The DE 😍 Such a great weekly treatment. 

#Replica coffee break perfume 3oz, ##2 of the drunk elephant pm sets and many othe things I’m sure

Good time to buy Mini Size makeup and stock up. I love mini makeup so this year im going to stock up!!! perfect for travel.

Good time to buy a full size Hyper Skin Brightening Dark Spot Vitamin C Serum 1 oz/ 30 mLThe mini size I’ve been testing is probably near empty, and I’m impressed enough (mostly by the kojic acid and alpha arbutin) to buy a FS bottle. 

I considered buying more Slip silk mini scrunchies. Then I saw Crown Affair The Silk Scrunchie No. 001 Set which is less expensive per scrunchie, so… might give Crown Affair’s a try, even though there’s only one color available. 

I recently got a Fenty semi-matte lipstick without a case. Might buy the Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Fenty Icon The Case Semi-Matte Refillable Lipstick Black during the sale. Or I dunno, I kinda like how small the caseless refill is. Sure, it’s not very aesthetically pleasing without the case, but it’s perfectly usable and great for the small purses I always carry and it comes with a very secure plastic cap. I’ll make up my mind by April. 

@WinglessOne It’s good to know the refill functions perfectly well without the case… because when I was in store I couldn’t figure out how to use it 😅 I’m really interested in the lipsticks though. 

5 Replies
testing