Available Now at Neiman Marcus: 

Holiday Soliel Palette: Violet Argente

Orchid Soliel Collection:

Spoiler
Available on Tom Ford Direct: 
1 lipstick: Orchid Soleil
1 Highlighter: Nightbloom- Soliel

Re: Tom Ford Updates

Thanks! The brush set is pricey! I wonder what those shadows in the warm, sultry will look like. I'd heard hopes of it being a repromote of Cognac Sable, and since I missed out on that, I'd love to see it! 

GOOD JOB @blackkitty2014!

LIP FOIL???!!!?

image.gif

The images might be sideway. I try to post these real quick while grabbing a bite to eat. Enjoy! 🙂 oh, the brush set is $850 usd

$850? It looks pretty, but no. Just no.

Thanks BK!

really not surprised on the price of the brush set. If you've ever seen how overpriced their brush cases are, it makes more sense.

$850?!? That is crazy, I was thinking it would be 200-300 when I saw the picture. Too bad. The set is beautiful but that is way out of my price range. Thanks for posting!

Lots of things in this collection are out of my price range too @KMariel 😉 I will have to pick and choose 1 thing only 🙂 It will be hard for sure! And according to my SA they will be available next month September so no time to save up lol

@blackkitty2014 thanks for this sneak peek!! $850 for FOUR BRUSHES?!?!?! Lawd 

Lmao of course it is @blackkitty2014

image.jpegimage.jpegI don't follow this thread so apologies if already posted, but Velvet Orchid collection is at Neiman Marcus

While I am not in the US I have seen enough swatches/videos to know that the powders aren't worth getting so am glad I can save my money on this one.

No this is new new @lipstick4soul. Are you getting anything? I will pick up the Orchid Soleil perfume and that's it. Seems liked there are some price hikes as well. With this rate, TF will be out of my price range very very soon 🙂

I thought it was new for NM to have collection. I guess I was mistaken In thinking all the previous discussion was around items from TF direct. 

The lipsticks and atomizer are super tempting. This is the first time I personally have seen the atomizer. I love the look of the blush and highlighter but going to pass on those. You?

The blush has no pigment.  The highlighter has too much (and it's a weird gold).  I usually love Tom Ford but these 2 were absolutely disappointing.  I think the brand is willing to take risks.  Good to a point but that also means occasionally an item might be a little too out there for some.

Checking to see if anyone has been able to successfully return an underperforming or defective product that was purchased directly from Tom Ford's website. Tarababyz posted a video with the new lavender blush and she could not lift any product from the pan. Nothing. She said they would not take it back. I commented that it was a defective product and most companies do accept returns of defective items. I would even argue that the product was unused because she couldn't lift any product from that pan.

Wanted to draw on BTers' collective experience that could guide her in getting a refund or exchange.

Did you ask to speak to a supervisor?  Please don't give up.  I had purchased a limited edition TF lipstick at a TF store last year that went rancid within weeks.  I called the store and was initially brushed off.  After speaking with a supervisor, I ended up having to send the lipstick back and received a store credit (since they're too hard up to issue refunds).  Once received the manager acknowledged the lipstick was rancid.

I will never again buy directly in store (and now online) from TF. 

Very valuable advice, @dolceoktober. Much appreciated!

I saw that too. She is a pretty experienced makeup buyer. I'm not sure she needs our guidance on how to return an underperforming product ;). I havent had good luck with TF direct which was I never ordered that blush or the coordinating lipstick. I probably would have from NM or Nordstrom. TF have charged me in advance for back order items with no communication that they were doing so or how long it would it take.  I personally would never buy direct again. They will probably be sorry that they refused her return. She seems to be well regarded and has a reasonably large audience. 

I saw that too/ Though ive never purchased TF, im very hesitant to purchase any brand from their own website simply bc of the return policy. Most brands have stricter policys than a place like nordies. Ive never seen Tara return much s it doesnt surprise me that she didnt push it further.

Thanks. My interest is only that she thought it was hopeless and I was hoping there was a nugget of advice to pass along. I've only made inquiries to TF customer service and they often referred me to another e-mail address or completely didn't answer my question. Abysmal.

Tom Ford direct's return policy is abysmal. You have 10 days to return the product and it must be unused. I never order from them and as a result also limit my store purchases from them :/. 

Unfortunately, @TraceyEB, it doesn't surprise me that she was unable to return the defective blush. Their CS also is extremely unhelpful. I'd contacted them about getting an atomizer for the large size fragrance I'd purchased and was ignored. They also has big time issues with the Moodlight preorder/release. Mrsbaine and I never got our orders while we were one of the first to order, and people who ordered long after us (days, weeks) got them. 

16,860 Replies
testing