Available Now at Neiman Marcus: 

Holiday Soliel Palette: Violet Argente

Orchid Soliel Collection:

Spoiler
Available on Tom Ford Direct: 
1 lipstick: Orchid Soleil
1 Highlighter: Nightbloom- Soliel

RE: Tom Ford Updates

My Burnished Amber set from the Anniversary Sale arrived today. The original BA is one of my fave TF colour combos so I was looking forward to getting a backup. The gold shade and bronze shade are basically the same. The raspberry shade on the top is a little darker in the new quad than it was in the old version (in swatches the new quad shade is on the left). What is most different is the burgundy shade on the bottom; in the old quad this was basically matte, but the new version is a different colour and also contains tiny silver microshimmer that does not stay adhered to its base colour. It is very similar in formulation to the Videotape Private Shadow single. Overall the new version seems to be less muted and have higher saturation. I would also note that the texture is different between the 2 quads. The old version is more creamy, the new one a lot thinner and powdery.

Re: RE: Tom Ford Updates

I did pick up the new one but I did not have the old version to compare the two. Thank you for the comparisons the lipsticks look gorgeous on you.

Thanks for the comparison of the palettes, @Mochapj. The lipsticks are beautiful!

@Mochapj the thumbnail of your red lips drew me in! Gorgeous.

@Mochapj Beautiful colors!

@Mochapj @Nuwc1998 - Regardless of the new colors being slightly off, either way, both quads are very pretty!  Both lipsticks look great on you!  

@Mochapj 

Super helpful to see the lipstick color on your lip and the lipstick color itself side by side!  I sometimes have a hard time choosing the right color since colors look different on my lips.

@MochapjI'm so excited to see your thoughts on this! Very similar to what I experienced comparing my old to new, too! In my case, the banana shade is far more noticeably gold in the original and lighter/brighter in the new (but that may just be the age of mine!). I agree that the new one seems to have far higher saturation, which I like. It does make it a little more difficult to sheer out, but I think that's a sign of general changing tastes. I think the old dark burgundy is like the old red/brown in Cocoa Mirage - like you said, more matte than satin, almost with a glimmer, not a shimmer - which seems to be a texture the brand can't replicate exactly today. It also swatches terribly - crumbly, almost - but on the eyes applies stunningly, and the wear-time is far extended to the old one IMO.

I find myself laughing at just how similar Chanel's color launch for fall is, too...which is somewhat of a joke anyway, considering that they have copied many TF quads in the past!

Re: Tom Ford Updates

@Mochapj and others...apparently the new Bitter Peach fragrance is launching during the Anniversary sale next week in Canada!

RE: Re: Tom Ford Updates

@ChristalM interesting. My SA in Toronto told me it isn’t launching until October 🤔

Re: RE: Re: Tom Ford Updates

@Mochapj  Humm odd. Mine told me today that he will have for the sale next week. I hope he is right!

Never tried Tom Ford lipsticks before. How do they compare to CT?

Visionaire and Meteoric are available on Sephora now

I picked up Meteoric it is beautiful even if it is duped I like having these shades in one quad.  Visionaire is a definite skip for me. 

To confirm, are these the duped/repeat shades? Visionaire...

To confirm, are these the duped/repeat shades? Visionaire- Shade 1 Golden Mink, Shade 2 Disco Dust, Shade 3 Arabesque, Shade 4 Golden Mink. Meteoric- Shade 1 Silvered Topaz, Shade 2 Seductive Rose, Shade 3 Sous Le Sable, Shade 4. ??

Tf is releasing some more of the existing shades in the gold deco packaging

@Mochapj Beautiful shades of lipstick

Not sure how I miss this but Beauylish has a bunch of Lips and Boys/girls for half off. All of them sold out except Bella, Jessica and Udo 😔

The discount on the Lips & Boys/Girls are now at Sephora! Still a good selection of shades left.

IMG_20200811_104218.png

RE: Re: Tom Ford Updates

Darn it! They went on sale the day I was too busy to check and I missed it. Ugh

Okie gang, Tom Ford direct still have 10-12 shades left for half price.😘

2 Replies
testing