Available Now at Neiman Marcus: 

Holiday Soliel Palette: Violet Argente

Orchid Soliel Collection:

Spoiler
Available on Tom Ford Direct: 
1 lipstick: Orchid Soleil
1 Highlighter: Nightbloom- Soliel

Re: Tom Ford Updates

@lysbainch if you go back some pages - I went on a crazy swatching / comparison spree :P. Bicoastal really is lovely. There is totally a time and place for the NARS, but the highlights are pretty different, and the finishes are different.

You would love tom ford moodlight! Similar texture. I love bicoastal too!

I love most things with the gelee formula so I already have Moodlight. The bottom shade is a bit too dark on its own but the top color is stunning. It has been put in the back of the drawer in favor of the Dior Spring highlighter in glowing pink but I need to pull it back out. 

Have you wonderful ladies tried any of the TF brushes? Now that I've fallen down the rabbit hole, I'm eyeing the blush brush. Thoughts?

So far, I have their lip brush and cream foundation brush. I don't use the latter for foundation, but rather the cream blushes (Pink Sand, Pieno Sole, and the SS16 Shade & Illuminate). I'm planning on picking up the Shade & Illuminate brush, along with a Shade & Illuminate duo, but I really would like their brush blush and bronzer brush at some point - they're nice :).

I'm equally curious about the TF cheek brush. Would love to hear from anyone who has one or a Hakuhodo equivalent.

@TraceyEB I own the cheek brush.

Not to say it isn't nice, because it is very dense and plush, but I actually bought the cream foundation brush afterwards to use for blush because I found the cheek brush a bit too big and dense for my liking/preferred blush placement.

I have a lot of Chikuhodo Z, T and MK series brushes, and I prefer them over the TF brush (however, I'm not a huge fan of goat hair brushes to begin with)

Anonymous Insider

@Mochapj Hi Mocha, do you think the cheek brush can be used as bronzer brush??? The cheek brush seems too big/dense for me to apply blushes (guessing from how I prefer rather small blush brushes and how the cream foundation brush also works on me as blush brush), and bronzer brush also looks huge...

I was wondering the same thing. In addition, a TF rep once told me that the cheek brush would work well for dusting the top shade of Moodlight onto the decollete.

@Anonymous I think it could.  I don't use bronzer so I couldn't be 100% certain, but I think the size of the bristles and roundness of the brush should be wide enough for bronzing, particularly if you have smaller features.

Thanks for your advice and what you're using. I haven't seen the brushes in person, only in videos. I have some Wayne Goss brushes that I might try first. Will give the brushes you mentioned a look, too. Thanks again!!

Anonymous Insider

I have 5 eye brushes and a cream foundation brushes. I do like applying blushes with precision...and sheerly (then build up if I want to), and for me, TF blush bronzer is a bit too big/dense. I use cream foundation brush for highlight/applying very sheer blush colors...but I really really love eye brushes-- I used to use more fluffier, even softer eye brushes and TF ones are just stiff(but not stiff, really) enough to give me the precision I wanted.

I have a few (blush, bronzer, cream foundation, shade light) and they are ok but most Japanese brushes are comparable and for most of these I prefer my other Japanese brushes

the only one I think is worth the price is the bronzer brush, which I use for powder.

I also have some chikuhodo brushes as well and generally prefer that foundation brush to the TF one. But it really depends on which foundation I'm using at any given time.

I use the bronzer for powder and bronzer too. I also love seeing it in my collection. 

Thanks @Mochapj I'm specifically looking at the blush brush and the bronzer blush. I almost feel like the bronzer blush might be bigger than what I need, so I might be better off checking out some of the Japanese brands.

@jadeann the bronzer brush is enormous.  If you haven't seen it in person, I'd suggest checking it out if you can.  

I don't use bronzer so I have no idea how it works for that, but I purposely bought it because it was big enough to easily dust my whole face with finishing powder.  

I only have 02, 11, and 13, the cream foundation, eye shadow, and eye shadow brushes respectively.  I haven't yet had the opportunity to pick up any Hakuhodo, so I can't compare to those. But the eye brushes are my go to brushes in the morning! They are super soft and I love them.

I have had the shadow brushes probably for close to a year and they look as new/great as the day as I got them! No shedding, and still soft 🙂

I love the 13 eye brush and have 3! I love that brush and there is nothing comparable in terms of density in any Japanese lines. 

His brushes are made by Hakuhodo and it is very similar to the Hakuhodo J5543 which is a bit cheaper. They are very nice and, if you have the money, are brushes that should last for years if cared for properly. 

Okay for all those ladies who helped me pick out blush here is my attempt at swatching (I don't know how you guys get such good swatch photos) .  From left to right you have ravish, savage, lovelust and the two shades of bicoastal.  I think they all work for different situations.  Please excuse my very pale skin, the somewhat cutoff bicoastal swatch, and the messy background.

FullSizeRender-14 copy 4.jpg

5 Replies
testing