Available Now at Neiman Marcus: 

Holiday Soliel Palette: Violet Argente

Orchid Soliel Collection:

Spoiler
Available on Tom Ford Direct: 
1 lipstick: Orchid Soleil
1 Highlighter: Nightbloom- Soliel

Re: Tom Ford Updates

It's not on my email alert (size). Sorry.  

I was having computer issues so not on the board...but wanted to follow up.

Black Orchid lip color is back! Available to order now at Neiman (ships April 10). I checked the other retailers and they don't have it yet. Not sure if it will be sold elsewhere.

My order I placed yesterday for BO was just cancelled. 😞

Mine too, and now black orchid isn't showing up on the list at all. 

What store? 

Neiman Marcus

Does anyone know if this is perm or LE? I always thought they'd bring it back.

Quick post: 

I just got back from Nordstrom having attended the Tom Ford event.  I agreed to event without knowing any details.  I want to support my local peeps.

So, it was a perfume event.  All very nice and cool.  The TF exec I met a month or so ago ran the event.  They were doing the event for a group of 4-5 at a time, and it lasted about 20 minutes each.  They took us to a nice lounge within Nordstrom and they had set up a small plate for each of us with 3 different chocolates.  They wanted to promote their fragrances and give us an experience.  She gave us the background on TF the brand, his philosophy and vision for the products, and the background/scoop on each of the fragrances.  We sampled Black Orchid, Velvet Orchid (all three notes seperately), Portofino, and Tobacco Vanille.

Each chocolate was paired with one of the three notes of Velvet Orchid.  Chocolates were shipped from NY from some store TF likes or fancies.  Anyway...they were yum.  I don't eat many sweets at all, but I like good chocolate.

I am not a big fragrance person as they give me a headache and are too strong.  I have a 2 signature scents from another brand that I use (light perfumes).  Anyway, I loved all the TF scents today, but I can only wear them if they were lighter.  Bummer eh?

Also...the re-release of L&B - I checked.  It will be Christmas before they know.  Richard is a good candidate to come back.  But this was an educated guess by the exec.

Good shopping day at Nordies....I report more after I come back from BBQ dinner..yay!

Sounds like you had a great time! I love Tobacco Vanille--it's such a comforting smell that works well during our cold winters here in Canada.

Should have snuck some chocolate home for all of us 🙂 Can't wait to see what you bought!!!! 

I don't know if Richard would come back--isn't it the repromote of Negligee? And Negligee is available for purchase again at many online retailers.

On another forum, someone spoke to a TF exec and was told that Pure Pink, Moroccan Rouge, Negligee, Twist of Fate, Smoked Red, Warm Sable were going to be added to the permanent collection. And First Time and Black Dahlia are back but only for a while (they were the 2 LEs from fall collection)

And she was also told that the summer collection would be shipping to all full counters April 15th. I'm assuming that's US only since Canada gets everything a few weeks later. 

Kate, I think until we actually see the re-release, it is all a bit uncertain.  Here is stuff that I have gathered so far- as you can tell, it is something, but not much.

1) Sales Associate at Alaskan Nordies - Some of the most popular L&B will be re-released.

2) TF Exec #1 I met a month ago (she hosted the event today) - The most popular L&B may be released in full size.  Not sure if it will be LE or permanent.  They will know more in Summer 2015 if this is a "go", and if so what the colours will be.

3) My local TF SA - Repeats what #2 said (his boss).  He doesn't think it will include any reds as the permanent line had many reds already.  He thinks it will be colours that are not already in his permanent line. 

4) TF Exec #2 (I met her today as part of event) - She said that the most popular L&B will be re-released in the permanent line.  They don't know if it will be two or five.  It will be Christmas 2015 before this is all said and done.  She thought Richard would come back.  I told her that Richard is Negligee and is available again for purchase anyway.  She remarked that it is still LE for summer.  She thinks that Richard might come back because it is the name of his partner (this seemed like her educated guess).

So in summary -  I think some L&B will come back.  How many, which colours, and the timing seems uncertain at least from people that have talked to me.  Of course...they might have also been measured in their chit chat with me. 

I hope this was clear as mud 🙂

I hope that the colours that you like will come back. I saw PurePink is now available online -- hoping to pick one up when I go to the States in April. I think that PurePink was Copper. You and jcmb both wore it soo well that it really made me want one too.

I keep thinking and trying to convince myself that I need to go on a no buy for lipstick/lipgloss.  But I can't stop myself--it really is my worst addiction. 

Oh, that sounds so nice! Portofino is one of my favorites. I'm just so jealous that you have a local Tom Ford! I need that...

Do tell more!

Anne, Portofino smells wonderful - but it makes me want to go for a swim.  I like it, but not sure yet if I want to smell like it. 

Anyway, it is too strong a scent for me...as are all Tom Ford perfumes (as well as many other brands).  I had asked for a sample of the oil, but I don't think they added that to my bag.  I have samples of Black Orchid, Velvet Orchid, Tobacco Vanille, and Eau De Wood from today (I have Rose something from a while ago). 

I might try to see if I can wear the perfume lightly.  Maybe dab a bit on a tissue and then rub it mostly off and then dab the tissue on me.  Otherwise I will have a massive headache in no time.  I also only enjoy perfume when there is only a faint whiff of it.....really faint.  So if I try these on, I will only truly enjoy it if it is but barely a whiff.

Oh brother....I am a pain.

I hope nude dip comes out again! it is so pretty !

Yessss!!! 

Ok. I'm trying to follow this thread. When will the Naked Bronze and or Nude Dip be available? I can't quite seem to find a date. I really want to pre-order both. Or the Naked Bronze 1st. But where and when do we pre-order? I have no relationship with a TF SA, unfortunately. To get texted by one? Omg. I'd be thrilled!! 🙂

Thank you to anyone who can help a TF newbie. Heart

Ditto Mrs. Baine...if the SA knows you are a makeup junkie  enthusiast they will want to keep your number in their book...

I have seen Nude Dip available at Selfridges some folks don't like buying from there.  I've not heard about an availability date yet. 

Id call any Tom ford counter, strike up a conversation and then you'll have a relationship with a rep. 😉

Can I just say that I fell incredibly lucky with TF products.  I don't have to rush or hurry at all:

1.  I am not interested in TF eyeshadows.  And it seems like most of the "unicorns" and popular/ limited items are eye shadow quads and such. 

2.  The lipsticks that are the most popular are light shades.  Shades that I like are never sold out (yay).  My first TF L&B lipstick purchase was in late January/early February, very late to the game.  I swatched all 50 shades and liked 14.  And I was able to find 13 shades easily (the lovely lipstick4soul sent me the one I couldn't find).  . 

3.  Their sheer lipsticks seem very popular - I have no interest in them.

FYI:  I am going to a TF event at Nordstrom tomorrow.  I have never been to one of these and have no idea what it entails.  My friend and I are shopping the triple point sale and goofing off.  Although I have a few products on hold to purchase, they are all from the permanent line (and one is a Unicorn - more on that later).  I might not have anything to get from their new collection.  WAT???

If you guys want me to ask any specific questions or do any swatches...let me know.  I will try 🙂

Hi greenchilli!

Have a great time! It sounds so fun.

Do you think that you could try to confirm/deny the rumors of a possible re-release of a few shades from the Lips & Boys collection? Specifically Stavros.. *swoon!

I spend countless hours searching for it. Still. I would be one happy girl if I could just get that one shade. 

How exciting will it be if Nude Dip becomes permanent? I do not have any TF counter near me. So, I'm hoping it'll be available online! Pleasepleaseplease. 🙂

You can call pretty much any department store that has a TF counter, the SA usually will be able to send you swatches and keep you posted on the upcoming collections 🙂 

Hi mini!

I was the one that reported on a handful of the L&B being re-released in full size and/or permanent line.  The TF exec told me that this is still an idea in the works, and they have not decided what colours either.  It will be summer before they know.

Mini - I wish I could find Stavros for you - I really would.  I actually found Stavros for a lovely friend.  It is a miracle.  I used all my ninja techniques to find one.  If I can find another - it is yours. 

Also, you don't have to buy TF online only.  If it isn't available online but you think some store might have a product (which is very often the case), just call up the Nordstrom 800 number.  They will find which store has it, and give you their number.  You can call the store and place your order right away on the phone.  I had two L&B shipped to me from Anchorage Alaska that way.

I will report back tonite after my Nordies trip. 

P.S:  Mini, if you need me to find out anything from Nordies by contacting my local SA, you are always welcome to PM me.  I will do what I can to help.  You can even place an order with my local store.  We are all here for the pretties 🙂

testing