Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Let's Talk About NARS!

A lot of the other big beauty brands have their own threads now, so I thought, why not NARS? Let's share news about new collections, feedback on products, etc here.

The audacious thread: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Lips/Show-Me-Your-Audacious-Collection/m-p/1695820#M10941

SPRING 2019:

Spoiler

5B03C763-5B66-43D5-B5CD-CAD2FFB20D6A.png4B8872CB-9B16-4C47-A6A8-A5A5EB2C60B9.png0343224C-CB77-46EC-86C7-1E6ECEF0E4E2.pngD1989960-1CCB-41F1-8BC9-A04A37EEA659.png75A2963F-9578-4410-B0E9-5F9A2E8C0EC2.png2D212BE6-6675-4764-A909-009E6B40173B.pngB41A18B5-0E0F-4B2F-930C-6AD6D4324D72.png

APRIL 2019: NARS x CONNOR TINGLEY

Spoiler

Have you picked up anything from the collection so far? Do tell!

Re: Let's Talk About NARS!

I thought I read somewhere that these were the reformulated shadow sticks, and they were supposed to be better.

That said, I've never tried any of them because shadow sticks and I just don't get along.

maybe jemly will have some tips.... I think she works with shadow sticks a lot.

i was hoping they'd be good; I really wanted to try the pinky champagne one 😞

I read further through this thread and someone mentioned Temptalia's review. She gave that color an F. She said they were better than the old ones, but were extremely dry. She had the same problems I did with it being a patchy mess. Unfortunately, as much as I love this color, it's going back. It's too much trouble and it sounds like it's not user error (Me!) but the formula itself. 

image.jpg

I hope you guys can read it, I'm trying to do this strictly on an iPhone....anyway, thought I'd like to share a screenshot. The code, as I mentioned below is ALLEYES.  

Edit: I decided to read the fine print...valid until 8/31/15 at 11:59pm, on Nars' website only. No mention of time zones or country limitations. Must be purchase over $50 and there are a couple minor exclusions: not valid with any other codes or discounts; Excludes purchases of a single sharpener, foundation pump and/or empty compact, and Nars vault. 

Don't quote me exactly, it was easier for me to type it out as opposed to trying to get that small print legible with a screenshot on my dumb phone (rhymes with iPhone---don't take that personally, I'm being challenged by technology in all arenas lately). 😄 .....:(

Oh look who doing enabling lol

Putting in a NARS bday order, I'm thinking: Pasiphae, Tribulation, Violet Atom and Dominique and Silvia... Anything I should add or that you don't think is worth my time (if not my money)?

My order arrived this morning! I have swatched everything and omg I think I've fallen in love with my hand, it all looks SO pretty! *happy sigh* 

Code ALLEYES gets you the audacious mascara plus a mini black eyeliner with $50 purchase. I assume it'll work in Canada and that it's still active. I placed my (US) order about 2-3 days ago but the email with the code came to me on Aug. 10. 

Like Mocha, I have all of those items except Silvia. I'd take Silvia too so I think you're making some good choices!! 🙂

I'm in the US, I will definitely check out that code! Thanks 🙂

Ok good, get that extra eyeliner girl!!! And you deserve it...Happy Birthday!!!! 🙂 🙂

Thanks! 

Those are all great products, and I can personally recommend all except Silvia (because I don't have)

i'm guessing you like purples?  Nothing else specific comes to mind, but if there is a category you're thinking you want another item from, I could make recommendations.

i think they still have a promo code for the mini mascara happening.

Purples are a relatively recent discovery for me after getting a lipstick in a subscription box and realizing it actually looked good (particularly since I've been keeping purple in my hair)!  Previously I've stuck more with corals and nudes. I'm branching out! 

I was debating concealer but I don't think it's light enough for me. I'm actually extremely tan for me at the moment but we are heading into fall/winter...

I cant think of anything specific, mostly because TBH I want all of it! Just trying to prioritize. 🙂

I'm super pale and the lightest shade of Nars creamy concealer works great. However, just an FYI and I am not at all comparing the 2 except to say they have similar delivery systems, but the new Sephora Bright Future Gel Serum Concealer comes in a very light shade. I swatched it in the store but I did not swatch it next to Nars' Chantilly but I was impressed by how light and bright the Sephora one was (Baravian cream 01). I think I may purchase it since it's 1) cheaper 2) a different formulation and I like to mix things up! However, I doubt I will ever be without my Nars creamy concealer...ever. Lol!!

If you like a nice white/gold highlighter, Albatross is divine!

And how could I forget my lovely eyeshadow duo Kauai!!! It takes my breathe away!! 🙂

Yeah I wouldn't recommend buying concealer sight unseen.  Recipe for heartache 😉

Hah, going to swatch it is painful enough. "What do you mean they don't make the shade "ghost"?! lol

I'm also very pale. I can't wear MAC foundations, I'm so pale.

Chantilly is a great colour for a concealer. Worth trying 🙂

No really, go swatch and you'll be fine! I'm pretty sure jemly uses the Nars creamy concealer and she's pale too and there are a lot of us other pale girls around who use it. I'll tell you one concealer I like but it's not light enough and that's Mac 's pro long wear concealer. I really like it but I have to lighten it up or use the Becca eye brightener underneath. I've never been color matched at Mac but I'd say I'm like NC-5 or below and their concealer only goes down to NC-15. Yeah...really. But I still like it and there's ways to get around that (also by adding a tinge of the Color fx drops, I have the lightest color) or by mixing with another lighter concealer. I can still use it by itself but it doesn't give me the brightness like Nars Chantilly does. 

Go forth, swatch and CONQUER!!! Lol! 😄

Guys! I'm SOOO excited!!! I had a tough day yesterday and that typically means some after work wine (yes, big girl problems)... Anyway, I decided to get on eBay and take a look around. I found Nars Amarena and the auction was ending 6 hours after I saw it. No bids! the starting bid was $22, and I won! I woke up this morning and saw that. I forgot how it all happened, but I was happy to see that I got it! I saw Mocha in it this week and knew I needed it. 😉 Thanks for the enabling MPJ! 

YAY!

I'm pretty excited about it. It will be my third Nars blush. The collection is building. 

2 Replies
testing