Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Confidential

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

welcome back to the junk drawer of random beauty thoughts and musings. it has been nearly a year, so i think it is time for a rew RT thread ! 

when i'm doing my makeup in the morning, my dog sometimes throws a fit until i move his food bowl over to where i'm sitting. i'm certainly not the diva in our relationship.

THE QUESTIONS THREAD:  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Products/The-Question-Thread-Because-not-all-questions-need-their-ow...

VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD ! :  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/m-p/1826210#M69382

SWATCH REQUEST THREADhttp://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

Deep conditioner for chatting with Alli!!!! win-win!

It also had a B&B hair creme.

For the first time in months, the weather has been beautiful and sunny. I feel like spring/summer are right around the corner, and all I wanna do is buy makeup in preparation for the summer months. More bronzers, lightweight foundations, soft blushes. Does anyone else go through this when the seasons change?

I did something similar before fall/winter and bought a bunch of dark lipsticks.

I feel the same way, it's been in the 60's here lately (unheard of for Feb in PA) and I'm itching to unpack my shorts and summer T-shirts. But I know, come March, I'm going to be shoveling snow again....

The Cover FX enhancer drops in Halo and Rose Gold are calling me, they would look so nice for spring.

I don't feel the urge to buy makeup for summer, but that is because I'm more into skincare right now than makeup. I probably DO need to prep for controlling oil and sweating though haha. I always get in such a better mood when it's nice and sunny out though Smiley Happy

I live in south TX, so we pretty much just have one season:  Hot!!! ☀️☀️☀️

The funniest thing is how when it hits 50 out, people bundle up in parkas and hats - no joke!  And businesses/stores blast the heat!  It's crazy!

@Tamara76 I am so guilty of this😂

LOL!  😂😂😂  That's o.k.  

I moved here from a pretty cold climate so 50 feels great to me!  I walk in to work in short sleeved blouses and dresses and men have stopped me in the parking garage to offer me their jackets (super sweet, but I politely decline).

@StephaniLynn 

I live just north of @Tamara76 and confirming her comments.

I'll also add that when you're used to 105+ degrees from May-September, 50 degrees is really cold. It's almost like a drop from 85 degrees to 30 degrees for everyone else!

True!  😊

Our days are hot and nights are cold lately too >.< it's too hot for sweater when I go into work but need one when I get out!

I'm originally from Florida and need a sweater when it's below 60. I live in Indiana now and don't feel the need to bundle up unless it's below 40.

How can I open this bottle of beauty Elixir without breaking it? The spray doesn't work and instead the products leaks from the sides of the spray novel. I want to transfer it in another spray bottle but can't figure out how to open the top 😏

@fatimamummy you can try taking some pliers and try to unbend?

@StephaniLynn I thought about it but I am afraid I'll break the glass bottle.

If you slide the plastic bit that the spray comes out of off of the little stem it sits on, you might be able to rinse it and see if something was gumming it up and obstructing the spray. You can also press down on the stem directly to make sure liquid still comes out of it. Then just pop the plastic bit back on once it's clean.

I tried this tip @purly but I still can't make liquid come out of the plastic tube, it still seeps from the bottom of the nozzle.

You could try contacting Caudalie CS directly and see if they will replace it. This same thing happened to me and they were very accommodating.

@maunet  I  got this elixir in one of the Sephora Favourite sets around a yr ago but came around using it just now. In this case I am not sure if it is fair to contact Caudalie and ask for replacement. 

I would still reach out to them, they are super great! And way better than cutting yourself on broken glass (at least the way my accident prone self would likely end up getting it open) 

Thank you @themusefactory I'll keep this option in mind as a last resort 🙂

Omg. I got few Caudalie sprays but I didn't use it yet. Thank you for your mention, I have to look into this. Hopefully the spray is working.
Highlighted

I just had the best eye liner experience ever - it's a sign that today is a good day! Hallelujah!

My liner started thick and stubby, but then I took some makeup remover on a Q-tip to thin it. The result was a wing thinner and longer than I'm used too. Normally, I feel self-conscious when my wings aren't the usual baby wings, but this was so much better. The shape wasn't ruined by my hooded lids and gave me the cat eye I've always dreamed of. I will attempt to get my liner like this again, wish me luck!

Spoiler

It looks gorgeous and it frames your eye beautifully!

Thank you @lylysa! To me eye liner is like brows, the wrong shape can totally ruin the day

And may I add @Melissa136, your brow game is totally on as well. Banner day all the way around!

9 Replies