Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Confidential

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

welcome back to the junk drawer of random beauty thoughts and musings. it has been nearly a year, so i think it is time for a rew RT thread ! 

when i'm doing my makeup in the morning, my dog sometimes throws a fit until i move his food bowl over to where i'm sitting. i'm certainly not the diva in our relationship.

THE QUESTIONS THREAD:  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Products/The-Question-Thread-Because-not-all-questions-need-their-ow...

VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD ! :  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/m-p/1826210#M69382

SWATCH REQUEST THREADhttp://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

Can I just say I love the opening of this thread? Your dog sounds amazing Smiley Very Happy 

My bunny has a habbit of nuzzling my feet when I'm doing my makeup. He will sit under my chair or climb up on the bookshelf next to me. 

I know I should be thinking about summer, but I can't stop obsessing over dark lips. I have a whole Colourpop cart full of deep matte liquid lips right now. where's the color? where's the shine? apparently nowhere in my dark soul

I think I'm the last person to realize all of my Tarte single blushes have magnets under the metal pans and can be removed and reinserted so easily. It's pretty magical. I wish all of my single blushes were that magical. 

I don't know if the mystery of the "lack of email notification for when users are tagged on BT" has been solved but I finally figured it out. For me, at least, the issues has been that these notification emails have been flagged as SPAM! If you aren't seeing any emails, I'd suggest you look in your spam folder. Hope this helps!

I don't need blotting tissues...I need blotting towels! This is getting ridiculous. Smiley Sad

Does anyone have experience sending packages from the US to the UK? If you do, would you mind PMing me? I'm trying to figure out the most cost-effective way to do this, but everything seems so expensive. Thanks!

There are two handheld Minnie mirrors in stock right now on the Canadian site.  

I have no self control!  Months ago I promised myself I would stop buying makeup with "travel" in mind.  But here I am again.  I decided to make a MAC pro palette with some eyeshadows and a space for two blushes because I thought it would be really great for my trip at the end of the month.  i only need to buy the palette and eyeshadows so... its not bad right?  I'm also taking a z palette with two ABH glow kit shades and contour powders.  I'm set!

My justification is that its a short trip and I don't need 4 blush shades and a huge eyeshadow palette which is very true.  So I shouldn't bring Sweet Peach or my tarte blush palette...even though I already own them and I wouldn't need to spend money.  But what's done is done, right?

I'm headed over to one of the Sephoras in my city for a class on eyeliner, and I just remembered they remodeled it ~a year ago and I'M SO EXCITED TO SEE IT! It's not the closest one to my house which is why I haven't been in a while, but I got really giddy when I realized I haven't seen it since the expansion. 

Also, I totally posted this in the old thread but felt dumb, so I moved it....

I bought my first juicy shaker & didn't realize it was such a nice size IRL.  But man... seeing it separate, then shaking it up makes me feel some type of way. 

Preface: My husband is the farthest thing from fashion-conscious. He has many wonderful qualities, but bless his heart, appearance-related things are not among them.

So this afternoon as I was telling him about how I snagged one of the last UD Revolution lipsticks, when he remarked "You have a lot of Urban Decay stuff, don't you?" I was so proud. Baffled. And SO PROUD, haha.

What's wrong with the website? I doesn't let me open due to high traffic volume. What are people buying it this hour 😉

Now that they are on sale I bought 3 UD revolution lipsticks, justified it because I had an offer for Ulta. Then today I bought 3 more from Sephora... justified it since I liked the first three so much. 

I now have Bittersweet, 1993, After Dark, Manic, Sheet Anarchy and Sheer Slowburn. These are among the longest and prettiest lasting lipsticks I have tried so far. Especially positively surprised by the sheers. Lipstick lasts very long on me anyway (usually all day for creams and mattes) but I did not expect similar performancd with the sheer ones. Also I don't get to wear bright pinks and oranges daily to work but I felt okay with the sheer versions. 

I also have some irrational excitement for all the shades I picked being in the new permanent line. As if I will finish 6 lipsticks in the foreseeble future...Smiley Wink

There's an article on allure's website about a highlighter-blush-contour hybrid that is perfect for lazy girls. Great, right? Except that you have to MAKE IT YOURSELF. I mean, if I'm so lazy that I don't want to use three different products (some days, for sure!), why would I be motivated enough to go out and buy mica and whatever and make my own makeup?

Is there anything more satisfying than enabling a friend to make some big purchases? A friend and I played makeover a few days ago and she fell in love with my Nars DI shadow palette. It's OOS a lot of places, but still available on Beauty Dot Com—and it's not only on sale there, but also available for the 20% F&F discount. She bought it for a nearly $30 discount.

After she sent me a thank you message, she asked me to keep an eye out for brush sales. I recommended Real Techniques because Ulta is always having BOGOs and coupons and because she'd liked one of my RT brushes. She just messaged me to say she bought four brushes and a UD lipstick to qualify for free shipping. 

I feel like a makeup stage mom. LET ME LIVE VICARIOUSLY THROUGH YOU.

100% random thought haha

Might just be me, but it seems like every brand is releasing/just released a new concealer soon. KVD, Too Faced, Tarte, MUFE, ABH, Amazing Cosmetics...

I, I will be king
And you, you will be queen.

I have so many lip products that all target in at around the same shade, in trying to find my lip color in a tube, but they all go too "bright" pink, or too orangey. It's the dumbest, pickiest thing ever, but a sheer, comfy matte would give what I want.

On the other hand, trying on all my lip products, I found Starlooks Tender Gloss in "Puzzy" and Chosungah22 Flavorful Lipstick in "Golden Peach Tea." Love both of these!!

"Puzzy" actually is a gorgeous sparkly peach hue, which can be slightly built up, and the Chosungah smooths and gives even less of a tint, but wow. Now that is a good-smelling lip product.

Not beauty related but I am in LOVE with Justin Timberlake's new song:

CAN'T STOP THE FEELINGGGGG!!!!!!!!

I've been wanting to change my Avatar for weeks, finally got around to it. Love Pyewacket <3 Smiley Very Happy

That moment when a very drunk friend asks to borrow a lipstick for a night out, and drunk you has to pretend you're looking for the best color for her, and not just the cheapest one that will be the least missed, while still looking good on her.

So last night while checking Instagram I popped over to "suggested" based on who I follow. And what do I see in the sea of pictures? The wonderfully familiar lip swatches of the talented @Mochapj. I recognized her lips because of the two moles she has above. (I always though those were cute). And  I got excited that she was a suggestion. I already follow a few BT ladies but its so cool to find you guys on Insta. So right after I followed Mocha, you know who pops up as the "you may also like?" More BT gals! YAY! So ladies if you got a follow request from a "sona" its me. 

This is sort of beauty related.. I should be working on my final lab report for my lab class but I continue to browse BT ans Sephora.. Not good!

5,038 Replies