Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Confidential

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

welcome back to the junk drawer of random beauty thoughts and musings. it has been nearly a year, so i think it is time for a rew RT thread ! 

when i'm doing my makeup in the morning, my dog sometimes throws a fit until i move his food bowl over to where i'm sitting. i'm certainly not the diva in our relationship.

THE QUESTIONS THREAD:  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Products/The-Question-Thread-Because-not-all-questions-need-their-ow...

VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD ! :  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/m-p/1826210#M69382

SWATCH REQUEST THREADhttp://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

Oh my gosh!  This is such a great idea!  This would be so helpful when I catalog all my lipsticks 0000001.JPGIs this a specific type of paper @lisainprogress?

It's from my Wreck This Journal @ZombieMetroAnt

I don't know what type of paper it is.. though I have a sketchbook I found from Marshall's for $5 that I'm planning to use. XD 

I shall update when I finish

Update: I now remember that matte lipsticks are hard to "stain" so you can't really see them on the paper.

I think I might make the stain log like Pony's drawings in her recent video. Plus this means my lips won't suffer 😂

Screen Shot 2017-02-09 at 6.17.19 PM.png

I love this! @lisainprogress ❤️❤️❤️

upload_1380473129727788044.jpg

OK this picture inspired me for a round of..

FUN QUESTION TIME!!

You won the Sephora Lottery of Life! Would you rather..

a/ Have a magic gizmo that applies your makeup flawlessly at the press of a button...

or..

b/ Have a gizmo that takes all your makeup off for you at the press of a button

Ha! Really, @Insomniacmuffin ?!!! Ay... I'll go with B just because at the end of the day I am just too tired for all them removing makeup shenanigans... Ugh... But, A is tempting as well... The thing is, I can always just - not apply any makeup when don't feel like doing so! Smiley Very Happy So, yeah - B it is!

A!!!!!!!!

B !!!!! Smiley Happy

it's so much fun to put it on....not so much to take it off. Smiley Sad

I have to agree with you here @CaityLaine!   I choose "B" because I love the ritual of applying my makeup - it is fun and the routine is comforting to me.   My hair, on the other hand.....

I agree, @Tamara76 . I love the ritual of applying my makeup. I just don't always feel like it. And, when I don't... I hate it. Smiley Very Happy

I'm sure many of you saw the Lady GaGa halftime show. I personally loved it. Anyway interesting fact: All her makeup was by Marc Jacobs!  I wonder if she always uses his brand or if it was a statement. Marc Jacobs is on record saying he will not dress Milania Trump. Just found it interesting Smiley Happy

So I just got this email from MJBeauty-- they must have read your post, @NancieNano! lol

MJ1.jpg

mj2.jpg

mj3.jpg

mj4.jpg

mj5.jpg

Cool! Thanks @NarNarNars!

Reference photo in case anyone else (like me) couldn't quite remember her makeup

upload_6303801359229190240.jpg

Is it wrong that I now want to purchase all of these products (the ones I don't already have anyway)?!

Wow!   Her makeup was amazing! And that show was the best I've seen in a while!

She's definitely not afraid of heights @Tamara76!

In spirit of the Sephora x3 points fragrance event, I tried to add all the perfumes on my wishlist into my bag to see the price. Apparently you are only allowed 90 items in your bag. I managed to get 91. I wasn't able to add all the ones I wanted. But out of boredom here are the results: 91 items, $5,798. 17,394 points. Average cost per item $63ish. That would be nice. Can you image what a collection that would look like, a mix of travel size and full size bottles, heaven! Unfortunately that is a "little" above my budget. LOL. More than a little. But kinda cool to see. 

My first thought was how many $25 purchases can that be divided in to for maximum deluxe sample efficiency. Thwarted by the average price of 90 items being over twice the buy in! I would love to see that collection though.

Lol that is fun @Samtian I know what I'll be doing next time I am bored and have nothing else to do 😉

6 Replies