Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Confidential

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

welcome back to the junk drawer of random beauty thoughts and musings. it has been nearly a year, so i think it is time for a rew RT thread ! 

when i'm doing my makeup in the morning, my dog sometimes throws a fit until i move his food bowl over to where i'm sitting. i'm certainly not the diva in our relationship.

THE QUESTIONS THREAD:  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Products/The-Question-Thread-Because-not-all-questions-need-their-ow...

VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD ! :  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/m-p/1826210#M69382

SWATCH REQUEST THREADhttp://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

Glad to hear!  

Yay! That's awesome. Very happy for you Smiley Happy

Super happy for you!Smiley Happy 
It's great when you find a job you like!

somehow reading that makes me feel really happy for you! i can totally relate - work satisfaction (or the lack thereof) can really affect our lives. Glad to hear that you are feeling happy and peaceful. take care!

Thank you so much for the sweet words! I really appreciate it!

So who else got some random PM on BT to fill out a questionnaire?

From an intern at tioga research labs?  They asked for my mailing address so they could get my opinion on numbered skincare samples.  

No can do.  Not that I'm not curious, but if I don't know what's in them then I'm not putting them on my skin.  

Me four. 

Me three.

Me too.

I've gotten them before, usually from other users who are doing a research project for school or something. 

I have been complimented on my makeup two times in the last month.  This has never happened in my life!  I typically just wear mascara, cc cream and a sheer lip color, but I was also wearing something on my cheeks the two times I was complimented.  I did put in a little extra effort, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

I know I should be flattered, but I'm paranoid that people are noticing my makeup because I did it wrong or put on too much blush, not because it actually looks good!  I think I need to get over myself.

This happened to me today! I used my new Too Faced palette for the first time today, and I messed up because I'm still learning about where to place eyeshadow for my hooded eyes, and my mom's coworker randomly blurted out that she liked my make up look today.

I spent at least an hour wondering if she was being sarcastic. I blame that scene in Mean Girls.

"I love your skirt! Where did you get it?" then when she leaves, "That is the ugliest effing skirt I've ever seen."

Haha! I am ALWAYS suspicious of compliments from strangers for that very reason!

LOL!!

I'm sure you looked very pretty, but I kind of understand the paranoia too! I'm quite timid with makeup as well, but   sometimes what helps me is thinking that I don't want to be controlled by what other people think of my looks. Also, if I don't wear all the colors I love right now, I'll probably end up regretting it 20 yrs down the line and that won't be fun. Sometimes, thinking that helps Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

Everyone is always their own harshest critic. 

My sushi in a bottle promo came in!!!! Smiley Very Happy Well, more like it came in yesterday, but I haven't figured out how to upload photos from the phone to BT. 

perric.JPG

LOL - I think the Cold Plasma smells more like chicken broth than fish, but either way, the scent is not pleasant. 

However, I've used it for the last 4 days, and I think the results are awesome for me so far (no breakouts so far, fingers crossed).

At first I thought the smell was horrible, but I got used to it and was able to use it without a problem. I think it might have broken me out though. Smiley Sad I stopped using it as of now, hoping my skin will go back to normal. I am totally convinced my skin just hates me, even though I spend $$$ trying to take care of it. How unappreciative, Wahhh.

@nikki25gee Tell me about it...so I use only the ones without retinol, vitaminC, etc. My skin really can break out "violently" in reaction to certain products (naturally, maybe one or two, I guess)...

5 Replies