Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

welcome back to the junk drawer of random beauty thoughts and musings. it has been nearly a year, so i think it is time for a rew RT thread ! 

when i'm doing my makeup in the morning, my dog sometimes throws a fit until i move his food bowl over to where i'm sitting. i'm certainly not the diva in our relationship.

THE QUESTIONS THREAD:  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Products/The-Question-Thread-Because-not-all-questions-need-their-ow...

VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD ! :  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/m-p/1826210#M69382

SWATCH REQUEST THREADhttp://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

Thank you @mella900 that's a really helpful response!  I can't wait to hear how it goes for you 🙂 They look great!  

They look great! I've seen videos on this but it looks painful. I bet it makes your morning routine much faster. @mella900

The arch is not that noticeable unless you are really looking for it. I agree with the comments below, try filling it in and see how that feel. Hopefully that will help you decided if you'll get the left side arched as well.

I don't wear makeup to work (I'm in a lab, nothing to see here ~.~) so on a daily basis it doesn't save me time, but it sure does make me think my face is more put together! I love the way my brows look filled in, so I wanted to have them look that way all the time 😄

Ya I'm gonna try that out, and also try to cover up the right side and see which I like better! @CRAZY4MASCARA

@mella900 You've got fabulous brows, before and after microblading! I think your technician did a bang spanking job. I've watched videos, and the results were more harsh. Your brows are totally natural still!

I also have a thing with symmetrical brows, but I can't achieve it all the time so I live with what I got. I agree with @Insomniacmuffin about doing a trial run. Your brows filled in vs. microbladed are quite different from what I can see. For example, your microbladed right brow has a higher arch that isn't so close to the tail. The slightly different shape may change how it'll appear if symmetrical, and we wouldn't want that to be permanent.

Try adding a defined arch to your left brow by filling it and check out the results! I like a defined arch, so I say sharpen out the left brow! But only if you're comfortable with it 😉

Aw thanks @Melissa136 ! That's nice to hear since it's been a long journey with my brows haha. That's what I liked about my technician, her gallery was composed of brows that looked very natural in shape and in "hair". I didn't want the "IG brow" thickness/style, but more closely to my natural brows. 

Ah! That's exactly what it is, it's farther away from the tail. I do prefer the arch the way it's filled in, and that also goes along with the hair I have. She placed these two strokes a liiitttle higher than my brow hair. Crazy how much of a difference that makes.

They're still in their dark phase/healing phase now so maybe if I get lucky the two strokes will fade or disappear. But if not, I will definitely dabble with the brow makeup!

Thank you for posting your results @mella900...your brows look great!  My family's been trying to convince me to get mine done but I've been on the fence.  Did it hurt much?   

@minivan100 Your welcome & thank you! Is the pain what you are on the fence about? because that was one for me, I'm a baby when it comes to pain.

I would not consider it hurting much. When I was reading up, people compared it to threading or waxing, but in a more confined spot.So if you can handle, say threading your upper lip, you can handle microblading. I think it's common now to apply lidocaine cream to the brows for 30 minutes. Also during you can have a liquid lidocaine applied. My technician mentioned that people tend to feel more at the tail end, and this was the case for me especially on the left. Some strokes there was no pain, and others I could feel it. Even though there might be no pain, you can still feel the pressure and "tugging" of the blade. It was definitely minimal and tolerable.

@mella900Yes, the pain factor has me undecided for now.  I have literally nonexistent eyebrows and got the traditional eyebrow tattoo a while back.  It is starting to fade and everyone is now suggesting I get the microblading rather than a touch up to what I had.  When I got them tattooed, everyone said not to worry, barely hurts.....my goodness were they wrong!  Maybe I am just a baby about pain as well 😉   

And please do post updates.  I am also interested to see your results over time.

ack I LOVE it @mella900 they look sooo good!!

That was very nice of you to come back and share the results, I really appreciate it!

About the 'previous hairs' I would recommend filling the other one in the same and seeing how you like it.. it's very arched so if you have BOTH that way you might look a little... Vulcan? :S Best to test it before making it permanent hehe.

Yay, thank you @Insomniacmuffin ! That's a good idea, I'll try it out when I'm able to wear makeup around my brows again. I would prefer if the two strokes on the right brow faded, which happens considerably during healing. But of course it's unpredictable which ones fade and which ones don't, wimp. I have 100% gone through a Vulcan brow phase LOL and I don't wanna go back!!

I'm chuckling to myself about how there's a group of us (maybe 10-15 of us) who regularly enter Instagram contests and we tag each other endlessly LOL.

Has anyone won anything yet from our tag-a-thons? I remember that a bunch of us (including me) managed to get a couple free items from Edward Bess that one time when I ran over here and told you all, lol! But anyone win anything else?

@sabrinas wonder who these individuals are 😁 lol

I have won a couple..the Edward Bess, one from Laura Geller and Artis brush, and more recently a mask from Garnier. The Bite, KVD, Benefit and bigger skincare ones are impossible but I still try lol. 

i never win those giveaways, but i sure try!! not many of my friends are that into makeup, so i feel bad tagging them a zillion times. i need more beauty junkie friends to tag! 

@unfungirl awh you can tag me anytime, I think it is alot of fun actually! 

aweee thanks @Anewxa! what's your username? 🙂

Same as my user here @unfungirl 🙂 

I won the Cult Beauty Jouer giveaway this way!  I wouldn't have known about it if it weren't for everyone else regraming the image and tagging me.  I recently won an Algenist giveaway too but I didn't see anyone else in our group tagging on that one.

Lol that's true how ambitiously we enter for IG giveaways, but I as well got the Edward Bess one only that the sweetest @txcatx helped me get 🙂

My one friend who is really into beauty like me does this to me relentlessly hahaha. I occasionally will tag her bag in those giveaways. I am too lazy, some of those have like 5 steps to them!

I won a free draper James birch box recently, had to be first 1000 commenters I think

I'm too lazy to do anything more than follow and comment, and I never repost anything because I feel like it compromises the artistry that is my Instagram account full of pictures of wildflower fields and desserts, ha.

But, I'll have to start looking for y'all on Instagram contests! 

Ha ha I've noticed that. I see one, than after a few more pics is someone elses, than a few other pics than another one lol. 

6,152 Replies
testing