Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Confidential

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

welcome back to the junk drawer of random beauty thoughts and musings. it has been nearly a year, so i think it is time for a rew RT thread ! 

when i'm doing my makeup in the morning, my dog sometimes throws a fit until i move his food bowl over to where i'm sitting. i'm certainly not the diva in our relationship.

THE QUESTIONS THREAD:  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Products/The-Question-Thread-Because-not-all-questions-need-their-ow...

VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD ! :  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/m-p/1826210#M69382

SWATCH REQUEST THREADhttp://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

This is absolutely beautiful, I love the look you have created!!!!

Thank you so much! I think it's a popular rainbow eye, but I really like that it's a lot of color, but it's somehow still controlled and even a little reserved.

Oh wow, I love this!  Great look,on you!  Your blending skills are magical

Thank you so much! I actually think my blending got a little bit out of hand between colors, but at least there isn't a harsh line. Lol

I'm going to have to disagree with you and trust me, I hate conflict.  Your blending looks so beautiful and seamless, softly going from one shade to the other. 

Wow, thank you, I feel utterly flattered! Maybe it's my OCD personality that's so rarely satisfied with something I've done . . . I don't really feel like the "Rouge" makeup person I'm labeled as, either. lol

ok so something SUPER weird happened to me today. i can't stop laughing ! a group of people came into my work and they were just your average people but a bit...strange. and not strange like i'm strange but strange like my coworker and i couldn't quite read them.

one of the guys was particularly odd, and apparently he asked my coworker if i was wearing a mask ??! i mean, i know i wear makeup but i by no means have cakeface !! when my coworker said to him "um, no...she's just wearing red lipstick ?" the man seemed genuinely confused and he and his group left soon after. 

that's a first.

Maybe they've never seen a pale person before. We tend to not go outside much haha. Plus your skin is perfect. 

That is such a weird/rude thing to say though. At least they left quietly. 

What-Meme-12.jpg

Just a random thought for you on this - maybe they were high Smiley Very Happy

Or maybe aliens from another planet - that seems like a completely viable explanation to me Smiley Tongue

haha ok well...yeah. i chose not to address that here haha. the reason it was so baffling to us was that they didn't seem high. that's kinda what i mean by 'couldn't read them' !! he also asked if the taxidermy big horned sheep we have in here was "made of real animal skin" (i heard this question, just not the question about me) and my coworker had to explain to him what taxidermy was ??

i didn't hear him ask about my "mask" so i had no tone to infer anything.... i think it's the contrast between my skin / black hair / red lips that baffled him.

I'm amused at the idea of putting a fake sheep head onto a wall.    

This reminds me of when I used to work retail.  We sold feather boas behind the cash register and people would ask if they were real chicken or ostrich feathers and if the colours were natural ALL THE TIME!!!  I'm talking blue and purple boas here.  Real feathers yes, but we got in the habit of asking people if they'd ever seen a blue chicken😂. 

@heartsmyface Why, feather boas are made from the Indonesian Ayam Cemani, dontcha know. Look at how fancy this fella is!blue chicken

(Also, you should totally google "blue chicken," because there are a bunch of really beautiful, unusual birds out there.)

I need everything I own to be the colors of this gorgeous rooster. ♥

Well, that is even more odd when you add in the taxidermy part.

Definitely not discounting the rudeness of such a question (because really, regardless of their reasoning, who asks that??) but I'm going to put a positive spin on it and say it's because your skin is so awesome they couldn't believe it was real (because, your skin IS)

I was thinking the same thing lol!

Is anyone having issues with replying to a PM? It keeps giving me an error msg..getting quite frustrating..

@jesscheems im trying to reply but for whatever reason its not happening..just like your previous one..trying to figure out the issue 😣

@Anewxa I had this problem a while ago and the reason was adding an emoji at the end of sentence. Someone pointed it at BT and when I removed emoji from my message, it went through. 

Aha! I just figured it out and you just confirmed it - thank you hun! It was getting a bit annoying lol..i think its when i add emoji's from my phone keyboard vs typing it in.. thank you!₩

@Anewxa Weird. No I haven't had any problems! I wonder why you are. Sometimes I get a notification email twice though which is odd. 

Lets all spam you with mail bahahaha LOL Smiley Wink You won't even know what to respond too..isn't that a mature thought