Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Beauty Confidential

RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

welcome back to the junk drawer of random beauty thoughts and musings. it has been nearly a year, so i think it is time for a rew RT thread ! 

when i'm doing my makeup in the morning, my dog sometimes throws a fit until i move his food bowl over to where i'm sitting. i'm certainly not the diva in our relationship.

THE QUESTIONS THREAD:  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Products/The-Question-Thread-Because-not-all-questions-need-their-ow...

VINTAGE BEAUTY VIDEOS THREAD ! :  http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/VINTAGE-BEAUTY-VIDEOS/m-p/1826210#M69382

SWATCH REQUEST THREADhttp://community.sephora.com/t5/The-Swatch-Board/THE-SWATCH-REQUEST-THREAD/td-p/2223212

Re: RANDOM THOUGHTS : BEAUTY (PART DEUX)

Loll i just did a test run with you and dioradict.. so i hope you got my reply now. Its less enthusiastic than my last one i typed up but i got annoyed hahah so this one has less rambling lol. I forgot to mention one more thing so will pm you again @jesscheems

@Anewxa I did receive it. Okay sounds good. I'll imagine the emojis as I read

@Anewxa @fatimamummy Omg yes I have had problems with certain Emojis -face palm- I forgot...

I'm having issues with everything, actually. It wouldn't let me give hearts earlier. It would give me an error message too.

Same here.. but I found that logging in again helped with the hearting issue somewhat..BT has just been a bit weird this past week some posts i cant reply to and asks me to log in so i lose evprything typed up.. im still not getting my tag or pm alerts even though i unspammed them in my email..wonder whats up. 

@Anewxa - I just sent you a pm, did u get it?

Yes! Thanks.l.. it was more issue with replying and i think when i have emoji's

Spoiler
Random question..

Sometimes I see women with their face done up where the foundation looks has a certain look that has a combination of heavy-ashy-waxy-shiny.. and I genuinely (seriously, no sarcasm or anything) have no idea if this is a 'look' or a mistake.. or intentional? or what.

Anyone know what I'm talking about? Wuzzat about?

This was the closest picture I could get - she is an absolutely beautiful woman.. but her face is ashy/waxy/heavy... I would say it was a makeup issue but I see this kinda frequently and hey, if Gyaru can be a thing, maybe this is too..?

99.png

That picture looks like she had a rough day and is wearing a foundation with the wrong tone- perhaps the foundation is pinky-toned and she needed something more yellow! Lol I'm pretty sure it's not done intentionally Smiley Wink Except when people wear foundation that is too light for their skintones and try to look lighter than they are (more 'fair-skinned') which is quite intentional- the skewed view of many...Embrace your skintone and all will be well with the world LOL 

I never understood it either when I was younger and why women bought foundation too light for their skin. And half the time the makeup was the wrong tone, come to think of it, because many companies did not cater to asian/indian/tan/olive-y/colored complexions!

@jesscheems I do see the trend of wearing foundation lighter than their own actual skin tone VERY frequently in Korea, Japan, and China. But I'd like to say that often isn't about "embracing one's own skin tone". I don't see how it can be the skewed view (or is it a skewed view that view it as a skewed view? Smiley Tongue ). 

Oh well in other countries I have seen this as well and basically it leads to people not liking their own skin and therefore buying fairness/bleaching cream. Maybe I didn't explain myself properly Smiley Wink..

Edit: Also I'm not saying this is what everyone does but a lot do and it's sad to see people with skin-conditions due to those bleaching creams =(

@jesscheemsThinking that fair complexion flatters them more isn't necessarily as same as not liking their own skin. It can be as simple as this. Why do people apply eye shadows? Do they not like their own lid color? What about lipsticks? 

I get a feeling you're over-generalizing what you think they're thinking, in a potentially "accusing" (at least makes me very uncomfortable) way. 

@HoneydewK the prejudice against dark skin tones is very real in South Asian countries. Women can have trouble getting married because they are "too dark", and many stars and regular people bleach their skin to look lighter. My cousins always teased our dark-skinned cousin, only because of her skintone. My aunt told me I should use bleaching creams as well, it's a big thing over there. She herself wore much lighter foundation than she needed, and it did not look good. I believe @jesscheems is speaking from true experience, if she is talking about the same region of the world as I am. Skintone is not the same issue as eyelid or lip color.

Yes ^^ this!!! Well said! Thank you @MK89 for perhaps explaining it better than I did Smiley Wink I am speaking about that exact same region, and have had comments in regards to skintone as a youngster- because I tanned a bit and was playing in the sun but people around me didn't appreciate that we were healthy and playing outside and rather we were told off about our skintone/colour! I appreciate your response! I indeed speak from experience..and especially as a kid it does play with your head!

@MK89 I know. What I'm specifically saying is that "that region" is not the entire world. If she said "South Asian" people, I wouldn't really have said anything because while I'm aware of what you mention, I never lived in it. 

I always like being "specific" (as we can get, because obviously it can't be pinpoint specific) when talking culture.  It's not about whether it's true or not. My point was more about whether it's so general (over cultures in which it's not hard to find women wearing a lighter shade of foundation). 

Skin tone is not the same issue as eyelid or lip color in some culture. It's pretty much the same thing in some culture I experienced. 

I believe this is just bad makeup and lighting. How much difference good and bad makeup can make.This is the same actress whose picture you have posted . 😱

image.jpeg

I'm just making a guess here, but are you talking about Insta-beauty/cakeface?

can you provide a picture for example? I don't think i've come across this!

After spending 1.5 hours battling the Tatcha website, I finally was able to push through, place an order, and get confirmation for the Cherry Blossom Lip Trio. Fingers crossed it really went through, and won't get cancelled due to a website problem (allowed more orders than they have stock, possibly).

Screen Shot 2017-05-15 at 2.54.56 PM.png

I'm glad I was able to order this as well! I also have a shipping notification already m

It took forever.... but I was finally able to get this trio. It was freaking ridiculous to attempt to get this on and off for a little over 3 hours. 

Congrats to the other ladies who were able to get this!

Even a LE Kylie release goes smoother than this re-launch. 🙄 No one should be going through so many hoops!

10 Replies