Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

@AaliaaI have had this happen quite a few times now from the Bay,a huge box with a small product and no packaging,luckily nothing broken so far. They have also shipped samples separately,that seems to happen if an item ships from a store so if an items says it ships from a store I no longer choose any samples.

I can't remember seeing a note of where it will ship from, but I'll definitely keep a look out next time @Seymore3

RE: Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Wow! I’ve noticed amazon is getting bad like this with my past about 10 orders.

That is crazy, @Aaliaa!

That is crazy, @Aaliaa!

I don't like this new trend of 500-pt reward items having 4 pieces instead of 5. 😾

@fieldsofclover me neither! If I can get 5 products with my 100 point rewards but only 4 products if I spend 500 together! Whyyy 

I’ve put on winter weight and today I had to dress up for a work event unexpectedly, which meant a nice dress. I don’t like to go bare legged so I always wear black stockings and the only ones I had that were in decent shape when I got dressed this morning were “support hose” and ohhhhh myyyy godddddd they were so tight. They were sapping my will to live all day. And anytime I had to use the restroom was just a horror show getting those things back on again. Tomorrow I’m back to my stretchy jeans, thank the lord!

pantyhose = nylon torture devices

@starsandbucks ugh there is nothing worse than too tight tights!!! The worst is when they roll down and you're just like ugh how do I fix these now!

@Kim888 Leg condoms

@jozkid Ahhhh LOL. I’m never going to put on stockings again without thinking of this!!!

Hahahaha!! Oh my god I'm not going to be able to keep my face straight when I wear my leggings tomorrow!!

Seriously those things give me GAS!!! @starsandbucks I never wear them If I HAVE to wear hose hen it’s lace top thigh highs for me!!!!!!! Otherwise, leggings for the win!!!

This is why I can't order pressed powders from ULTA . Seriously, why can't they take 30 seconds to package items correctly?

I'm super impressed by their attempt to protect my purchase with a piece of bubble wrap carelessly shoved in the box.I'm super impressed by their attempt to protect my purchase with a piece of bubble wrap carelessly shoved in the box.

I have no patience for Ulta and their packaging! As soon as I see the box looking like this on the stoop I call customer service. So many times....  They always "make it right" by sending out new product or crediting my account but it's a pain to go through the hassle and it frankly must be hurting their bottom line.

I've stopped ordering haircare products with anything else because that lone piece of bubble wrap casually tossed in there doesn't do jack squat to prevent everything else in the order from getting smooshed!

LLOL...hilarious in that you managed in this one picture...

LLOL...hilarious in that you managed in this one picture to capture the collective essence of lame "IDGAF" slacker employees so... effortlessly. This is inexcusable. You MUST send to several different ULTA VIPs, for kicks if for nothing else.

@MachynesSister This is one of the reasons I don't buy more from Ulta. I've received lots of damaged things from them over the years.

Ugh, @MachynesSister!  That drives me crazy, too!

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Beauty brands not practicing inclusion. Beauty stores not practicing inclusion. I.e., not being able to find a bb cream or tinted moisturizer that I can wear without makeup because they all have a white, gray, purple, oily but ashy look on my skin. I also abhor that I have to wait for the second or third part of a launch to find my shade and undertone. I will ignore entire brands over it. It's 2018.

RE: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

I have to agree with you @HazelEyedQueen I have a Sephora bag full of hair care items that I will never use. I also have concealers and foundation samples that I can’t use. I give it to a friend. It drives me insane when a brand doesn’t have anything close to my shade. I feel some companies will use a deep tone model but not have a shade she can use.
4 Replies
testing