Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Have you considered buying Beauty So Clean? I think Amazon has it and IMATS should too. 

I hope you feel better soon! 

Feel better soon! 

Maybe try using as many q-tips and disposable sponges as possible for makeup application?

@notcreative Maybe a mug of hot water with the juice of one lemon with some honey will help you feel better? You're doing right by getting the Nyquil. If that doesn't seem to work, try Theraflu.

@TKLJ has some excellent advice in terms of keeping your makeup un-contaminated. And it's true that the attention will be on the bride and groom anyways, so don't worry about others' opinion of what you look like.

Hope you feel better and get well soon!! 🙂

I was getting the NyQuil for my husband. He is either sicker than I am or taking it harder. I did end up taking a dose for the first time in my life last night. It made me really tired. 

I look bad though. My husband is sicker than I am, and he does not look nearly as bad. It's not fair. I have to put something on.

Thanks.

Use up your samples, and don't use any of your regular makeup that you can't sanitize. Don't double dip your brushes. And honestly, no one's looking at the wedding guests too closely. The reception will be dim for dancing, and other guests will just sweat their makeup off.

I was going through samples last night (part of the reason I did not buy anything yet), and I do not have enough. I think I will just apply samples of what I have and skip the items I do not. Thanks.

Feel better and have fun!

Maybe not so much beauty as the delivery company that happened to bring my ~beauty related~ Sephora box today... Plenty of space in the yard and on the walkway between the gate and the front door, or even off to the side on the little deck we have but where do they choose to put it? On the fake grass where the neighbors dogs always come in and go to the bathroom! I don't mean to be gross, but there is only one corner of our little yard that has fake grass because I got sick of trying to grow anything there only to have the neighbor's dog come pee on it and kill the plants, and I don't want to look at just the bare dirt either so I took one of the leftover remnants of fake lawn from a relative after they had more than they needed for their own yard and put it there until the neighbor moves later this year. It is clear what the purpose is because the neighbor can't be bothered much of the time to come deal with it and I was at work so I had not gotten the chance to clean it up before the delivery arrived (it came early in the AM rather than later in the afternoon to evening like it usually does) and there is no tactful way to put this...they left the box literally sitting on a pile dog poop! Plenty of places they could have put it instead and thats where they choose!? Seriously!?! Ugh. Thank the powers that be that the products I was ordering were all well packaged so even if anything had soaked through - and it did not but *IF* it had - it was all sealed up in plastic bags and well padded with several layers between it and the contaminants that I was lucky enough did not make it inside the box.

Ok, rant over, now off to call and have a "chat" with both the neighbor about her dog and the delivery company about their common sense skills.

Ahh I got scammed and mistreated!

I thought of ordering Dior from Amazon.ca, obviously not the one sold by third party, whom I do not trust. Bought the gift card from third party as it was $10 cheaper, and I know that Amazon has policy that they don't care for lost/stolen gift cards. SO I had it redeemed and today it was gone from my account; I contacted Amazon right away and their customer service was so rude....anyway, I think it turns out that seller somehow 'locked the gc'. I was 

told that they will "issue a $20 promotional credit to your account as a compensation for the hassle."

But then they refused right away, by saying "we won't be able to compensate"! As if they are doing a favour on me! Why bother offering a reward when you will not give out? The guy had awful English like he was asking me to give seller DOB, addy, email, and/or contact them using her account as if I would have that. I got the physical useless card. They acted like I stole her card. I think she probably have said that to them. 

So I am out of $40!

So TLDR: Amazon will rather serve scammer than customer

No Dior perfume for me 😞 

I finally remembered to switch my Sephora order to USPS for shipping (since OnTrac refuses to ring my door bell). Three days later, shipping has not started. It would already be here if I selected Flash through OnTrac. I cannot win.

Like everyone else I'm sure, I really resent sites that don't offer free ship on a minimum purchase.. or just plain old free shipping (yes, this is a very first world peeve). 

Anthropologie is currently having a 20% off of sale items promo. I picked out a reasonably priced dress, but ended up spending approx the full price when faced with their $8.95 shipping fee. I typically resist following through with orders that include shipping, but then impulse control.

Can anyone tell me why a website like Anthropologie's doesn't offer free shipping when their brand is so popular and their merchandise is (relatively) expensive? 

Me, too! I wanted to get one of the festival blankets from Bath & Body Works. My store didn't have it. Online you could either use a code to get the blanket for $20 with a $30 purchase OR get 20% off your total purchase + free shipping over $50 (I think). So there was no way I could get the blanket for a decent price (regular price was $49.95, which, nope) and not have to pay for shipping. So forget it, I can buy a soft blanket at Kohl's 😉

I wore wayyyyy more makeup last year (foundation, concealer, brows, the whole shebang) but when you wear a dark lip (NYX soft matte lip cream in copenhagen) guys just HAVE to comment it looks scary, or asks me why I wear so much makeup -_-

On the other hand, I got tons of complements and definitely am less self conscious about wearing darker colors.

Ha, some guys still think we only wear makeup to please them, huh? I haven't attempted super dark lipstick yet, but I'm currently obsessed with dark nails!

I am so upset right now. 

I bought an ABH highlight from Mercari. The pictures were of a real one but I got a fake in the mail. I contacted CS they sent me a return label. Printed and shipped it off. Waited waited waited. Got an email that because I didn't return the item the seller was granted the transaction. I replied explaining that I sent it off the next mail day and it shows delivered. Waited some more. Then they claimed that I did not send it within 3 days of receiving it there was nothing they could do. I got the fake Friday, got the shipping label Saturday, then Sunday and Labor Day PO was closed. So I don't get my refund:(

Did you pay through paypal or your credit/ debit card? If you paid PayPal, go ahead and contact PayPal now. If you have tracking showing it was delivered back to the seller you should be good.

if you paid by debit card, if you don't receive a refund within 15 days you can contact your bank and dispute it. 

Wow, that is some serious B.S. 😞 I'm sorry.

Today has not been a good day for me:( I emailed them back so hopefully they can work something out. 

upload_5319301005120271293.jpg

I really hope they refund you the cost without putting up a huge fight. It seems completely absurd that they get to keep your money after sending you a fake product. That is totally unacceptable. 😞 

@Asche Thank you. I hope they do too, I can't help that they didn't send the return label until Saturday afternoon then for it to be a holiday weekend too? 

No where did it state that there was a time limit to send it back either, but in the rules it clearly states that no counterfeit items are allowed:/

testing