Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Beauty Confidential
|

Beauty Pet Peeves 2

The other thread was getting too long and difficult to load! 

So what are your beauty pet peeves? What grinds your gears? Share your stories!!!

Tags:

Re: Beauty Pet Peeves 2

Peeve of the day: these Colourpop gel liners in the pencil form. I have two colors and they both flake so badly when I'm drawing them on. I have never had this problem to such a degree with any other pencil liner, especially supposed "gel" ones. Won't be buying these again.

agreed! I put in the things that didn't work for me thread-flake so badly and also break! It literally breaks of as I apply I am having luck with the metallic formula though I have overboard and find it nicely defines but isn't too intense like a black

Same - I only have one and I basically never use it. At least buying it wasn't an expensive mistake!

I posted about a week ago about some ebay person who opened a case with ebay against me, asking for a refund because she didn't receive an item sent almost 2 month ago. The item was shipped with tracking, which shows that it was delivered within a normal time frame.

Thanks to BTers' advice, i checked with ebay who told me that she didn't have a case. Having probably reached a similar conclusion, the buyer closed the ebay case yesterday by opening a Paypal case instead. Paypal checked the shipment history and closed the case in my favor. (Open and shut in less than 18 hours. I received the case opened & closed emails almost simultaneously for some reason.) So yay happy ending! Thanks again to everyone that commented 😄

Not sure if someone has mentioned this one: opening up your shipped package to find dirty or pre-used items when items should be new. Broken or shattered is one thing but used?? bleh! 

I've gotten a literal water bottle label/wrap-around that they put the brand name on plastic bottles sold in stores with in my package from Sephora, in the past. They could have at least sent the water bottle too, but noooo they just wanted to use my box as a trashcan! 😛

I had no clue cleaning my photo file was going to delete all the photos I posted on this board!  FUN!!! (not)

I have no face!

I  have bee stung lips right now... like stung by a real bee. It hurts so bad more than all the other stings on the rest of my body.  

@moxiepancakes,

I guess that you are swimming in Benadryl  right now!

Yep way too much benadryl, my coworkers find it excessively amusing. 

Holy moly, that sounds painful. Did you walk into a swarm of bees?

I was raking and accidentally hit a nest of cicada killers, they are a ground dwelling wasp like thing, the whole hive swarmed me.

Owwwww. I am glad you are not seriously hurt or allergic, but still 😨 I hope you get better soon!!!!

Oh my god, THAT'S what those are called! I had no idea! They have burrows all over my schools campus and  they are huge and terrifying and chase me everytime I walk by one of their "holes" ugh omg... I'm so sorry. @moxiepancakes

wow!  Take care.  Does not sound fun.

Hearing someone refer to the Too Faced Hangover primer as "Hangover X" drives me crazy. Why must I be so nit picky? 

Based on their cutesy packaging I see Too Faced as a brand more for teenagers (even though some products are very nice for all ages) and I also hate the name 'Better than Sex' mascara.  

No need for that.  Let kids be kids. 

I agree, @wheeeee. You can't have products with names like "Boudoir Eyes" or "Better Than Sex" on the shelf next to a palette in the shape of a peanut butter and jelly sandwich or that comes with stickers.

OMG @AllysonJo you're hilarious

There's definitely a bit all over the place with their marketing, though I feel like their prime target tends to be late teens to early tweenties. Not too old to stop wanting cutesy things, but old enough to also want risque thing (and old enough to no longer think they're too adult for cute things XD).

Can't or shouldn't? 😛

1 Reply
testing